closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joshua V Parker Predictions

Joshua V Parker Predictions

With the big fight coming up this Saturday who's everyone putting their money on? I'm going to say Anthony Joshua on points....think it's going to go down to the wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't two world champions going toe to toe for 12 rounds, it's the most promising heavyweight in 20 years taking on one of the worst champions since Leon Spinks.

Only one outcome here and it's AJ knocking him out by the 6th.

My head says Joshua but, as we've seen many times before, underestimation can lead to disaster.

At 5/1 Parker the bookies are pretty sure but it's a two horse race and it only takes one punch.

4th if they come out blazing if not then it will all be over by the 7th..

Tough one to call as Parker has never ever been defected and never ever been knocked out even in his amateur career. Too close to call this can go either way

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Tough one to call as Parker has never ever been defected and never ever been knocked out even in his amateur career. Too close to call this can go either way
    I agree,don't think it's as one sided in reality as people are making out

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Parker by a stoppage in the second half of the fight.
    Joshua is a big lump no better or worse than Frank Bruno.

Master
    AJ before the 8th

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Joshua is miles superior to every fighter Parker has fought professionally, and Parker has barely boxed outsize New Zealand, never mind in a Stadium setting.

I don't think it'll be a quick walkover, but I expect Joshua to win inside the distance, probably in the mid-to-late rounds.

I also think he's probably been stung by some of the criticism that's been thrown his way since the Takam win, and between that and coming in a little more athletic in physique, I expect he'll want to make a clear statement of intent, particularly given the Deontay Wilder fight everyone wants has even more hype to it since Wilder KO'd Luis Ortiz.

It'll be talked-up as a 50/50 fight though to sell the Sky pay-per-views.

AJ by KO round 11. The Goat knows.........................................

https://youtu.be/AGkoYTDob08

I find it hard to see how any attempted 'build-up' or hype is anything but a bit of a farce given the forgone result. It is boxing after all, though... (sneaks off to put £20 on Parker)

'Enry Cooper in 5

One Parker’s last fights was against a very tall Romanian who was a stand in and Parker was hopeless,it went the distance ,I can’t believe he’s even got a belt,I don’t give him a chance

Craftsman
    AJ in 8!

Can’t see anything other than AJ. Going down, should be a cracking atmosphere, can’t wait.

Only thing that might go against AJ is he seems to be getting dragged into the celebrity type stuff. Not as bad as Haye but just hope it isn’t going to distract him.

Malc

Hope it’s a good fight. Is it worth paying sky ?
    Ie. Any good fights on the undercard

The undercard is pretty decent.

Main support is heavyweights Alexander Povetkin (Russian, drug cheat, fearsome, ex-world champion) vs. the likeable David Price from Liverpool. To be honest, I fear for Price, who maybe should have retired by now, and that could be a really nasty watch.

Before them is young Northern Irishman Ryan Burnett, fresh from winning & unifying two Bantamweight world titles in his last two back-to-back fights, making a title defence against Yonfrez Parejo.

Also out is the popular Ant Crolla & the talented Josh Kelly in tough-ish tests.

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Antony Crolla who will be worth a watch

Malc

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I definitely think it will be worth it. £19.95 I think

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    Can’t see anything other than AJ. Going down, should be a cracking atmosphere, can’t wait.
    I hope you have transport to and from the venue sorted out. It was a nightmare for people last time. Some people were queuing for over 5 hours for a taxi.

Joshua in the first or second.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    The undercard is pretty decent.

Main support is heavyweights Alexander Povetkin (Russian, drug cheat, fearsome, ex-world champion) vs. the likeable David Price from Liverpool. To be honest, I fear for Price, who maybe should have retired by now, and that could be a really nasty watch.

Before them is young Northern Irishman Ryan Burnett, fresh from winning & unifying two Bantamweight world titles in his last two back-to-back fights, making a title defence against Yonfrez Parejo.

Also out is the popular Ant Crolla & the talented Josh Kelly in tough-ish tests.
    Not bad then. Il be watching. Me too about price. I like his effort but fear he’s shot now.

Master
    Not a huge AJ fan or believer but there is very little challenge here. 4th round knockout.

Been watching Fury recently and he seems to have lost a load of weight and looks in better form. I wonder how long they will keep AJ away from that crazy bstard?

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    It'll be talked-up as a 50/50 fight though to sell the Sky pay-per-views.
    Hearn is saying Joshua looks "edgy". I believe he's saying this for more pay-per-views as I don't think this fight has quite caught the imagination of the public as much as they'd hoped.

Joshua to win inside 8 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Not a huge AJ fan or believer but there is very little challenge here. 4th round knockout.

Been watching Fury recently and he seems to have lost a load of weight and looks in better form. I wonder how long they will keep AJ away from that crazy bstard?

I was thinking the same! I would love to see this match up

I suspect 'they' will clearly want AJ to get the extra belt which will mean he gets a shot a Wilder

but.....Parker despite a shorter reach has got a proper uppercut if he gets inside and might upset the plan.
    Last edited by TKH; 29th March 2018 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post

He has lost a lot of weight but you can't take him seriously until he's back winning in the ring. At the moment he's just a guy hurling taunts and insults

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I hope you have transport to and from the venue sorted out. It was a nightmare for people last time. Some people were queuing for over 5 hours for a taxi.
    Staying out of Cardiff. Hotel has put a coach on to/from so hope they aware of any issues but not in a huge rush to get back to hotel

Malc

Interesting that aj has dropped 12 pounds for the fight,weighing in at 17st 4,his lightest weight since 2014. Not long to go now!

Craftsman
    AJ by knockout.
    Round 6

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

AJround seven, Ref stops the fight...

Grand Master
    AJ in the late 6th / early 7th round to win
    RIAC

Damn that was a brutal knockout of Price.....hope he's ok.

Onto the main event!

Just found footage of that - he was as good as knocked out while still on his feet, and then the final punch came. Yeugh.

Yea, i was wondering if the ref could have somehow stopped it before that last blow but I don't think he could have. Hopefully Price calls it a day, that wasn't pretty.

Master
    Anthems dragging on a bit.....

I predict that if I ever hear the Samoan national anthem again I'll fall asleep . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    How come he got 2??

Nothing in it.

Every time Parker gets on top (in the inside) the ref splits them up and resets to Joshua's jabbing distance.

If AJ found Parker hard he's having a laugh if he thinks he'll be able to figure out Deontay Wilder.

Master
    Yet another AJ performance that I’m not impressed with

Grand Master
    The Ref wouldn’t let them get close
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The Ref wouldn’t let them get close
    Poor effort from the ref. Parker put in a respectable shift but just didn’t have it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    If AJ found Parker hard he's having a laugh if he thinks he'll be able to figure out Deontay Wilder.
    You don’t see it often but Joshua likes to stand and bang. I think he’d love a go at Wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    You don’t see it often but Joshua likes to stand and bang. I think he’d love a go at Wilder.
    Agreed - also Parker boxed very well tonight which made Joshua box properly. Wilder doesn't have the technique to beat Joshua.

Joshua V Parker Predictions

Parker fought a good fight but what was the referee doing? Boxers are allowed to be near each other...

AJ Parker

AJ was frustrated by Parker and the prospect of a shot at Wilder which meant getting the result was more important than the performance.
    The weight loss meant that he was good for the 12 rounds but lacked a bit of power.
    The ref was awful why didn't he just let them get on with it when they got close to each other.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post
    With the big fight coming up this Saturday who's everyone putting their money on? I'm going to say Anthony Joshua on points....think it's going to go down to the wire...
    Well done. You were the only one that called that spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post
    Parker fought a good fight but what was the referee doing? Boxers are allowed to be near each other...
    I thought Joshua was poor - zero combinations landed, but the ref was pathetic.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Joshua fought a technical boxing match as opposed to a fight. Really solid long jab doing the business for round after round which is what wins fights and titles. His team obviously thought it may go the distance hence the weight loss and tactics. Parker was a bit disappointing tbh but not helped by the ref breaking up any inside work every time. He had a brief flurry in the middles rounds and one point just after where he came out swinging and backed Joshua up at the start of another. But he was always going to lose on points the way it was so unless he didn't want to chance being knocked down and spoil his record he should have had more of those dust up attempts.