closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joshua V Parker Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post
    With the big fight coming up this Saturday who's everyone putting their money on? I'm going to say Anthony Joshua on points....think it's going to go down to the wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quoting myself!

Oh yeah I called it correct!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Joshua fought a technical boxing match as opposed to a fight. Really solid long jab doing the business for round after round which is what wins fights and titles. His team obviously thought it may go the distance hence the weight loss and tactics. Parker was a bit disappointing tbh but not helped by the ref breaking up any inside work every time. He had a brief flurry in the middles rounds and one point just after where he came out swinging and backed Joshua up at the start of another. But he was always going to lose on points the way it was so unless he didn't want to chance being knocked down and spoil his record he should have had more of those dust up attempts.
    Absolutely spot on. The name of the game is to win and Joshua showed a new level of maturity by picking his opponent off for a very comfortable points win.

Craftsman
    Referee protected Joshua and would not allow Parker to fight, it was disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Joshua fought a technical boxing match as opposed to a fight. Really solid long jab doing the business for round after round which is what wins fights and titles. His team obviously thought it may go the distance hence the weight loss and tactics. Parker was a bit disappointing tbh but not helped by the ref breaking up any inside work every time. He had a brief flurry in the middles rounds and one point just after where he came out swinging and backed Joshua up at the start of another. But he was always going to lose on points the way it was so unless he didn't want to chance being knocked down and spoil his record he should have had more of those dust up attempts.
    They'll fight again in a few years given the lack of depth in the division - Parker is tough and better than most heavyweights, definitely not average. He'll learn a lot from this Parker and be better next time. It'll take a monster to knock out Parker, the man is durable!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    Referee protected Joshua and would not allow Parker to fight, it was disgraceful.
    The referee stopped both men from fighting. There were numerous times that Joshua was mounting an attack when the referee stepped in too, it was hardly just favouring Joshua.

Without saying the referee was biased, his decisions clearly favoured the taller man.

Yes, that ref needs to be retired NOW! Pathetic performance by him.

Not impressed by AJ, in fact, the result may have been different if the fighters were allowed to mix it up on their own. The Deontay Wilder fight will be HUGE!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Yes, that ref needs to be retired NOW! Pathetic performance by him.

Not impressed by AJ, in fact, the result may have been different if the fighters were allowed to mix it up on their own. The Deontay Wilder fight will be HUGE!
    With a better ref there might have been a war like AJ had against Klitschko and he might have stopped Parker early on - he might also have been stopped himself.

Thing is we will never know, AJ fought a clever fight to win in the circumstances that presented themselves, as you say let's see what happens if Wilder makes himself available for the fight we all want to see.

My wife said it was the most boring fight she has ever seen. Thank God we didn't pay for seats.
    Fortunately the Yanks are coming and boy do we need them now.
    IMO, Wilder's belt will be a belt too far and Hearn knows it.

Come back Mike Tyson.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    My wife said it was the most boring fight she has ever seen. Thank God we didn't pay for seats.
    Fortunately the Yanks are coming and boy do we need them now.
    IMO, Wilder's belt will be a belt too far and Hearn knows it.

Come back Mike Tyson.
    One of the greats Mike Tyson, could bob, weave, slip, jab and throw punches from any angle and so supple, not many out there can that can these days, thought the ref spoilt it, every time they got close in the ref would part them with Joshua looking at the ref nearly every time as if looking for the excuse to not get close and mix it.

Joshua has an amazing jab and should be maximising its potential which eventually opens the key to most doors. Deontay Wilder will be certainly a close encounter even though I don't think he's the best out there he certainly packs a wild swing or two which could possibly trouble Joshua - I'm still on the fence as regards to his chin and taking some good shots over a period, he needs to concentrate on his main asset the jab!

Joshua V Parker Predictions

I think Parker is the second best in the division behind only AJ. The wilder fight will be great but again I can only see AJ winning

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Had to watch this again just to confirm what happens at world class level. A far cry from the Queensberry Rules stuff we are fed with nobodies.

https://youtu.be/-Df1gZeALbU

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Joshua has an amazing jab and should be maximising its potential which eventually opens the key to most doors. Deontay Wilder will be certainly a close encounter even though I don't think he's the best out there he certainly packs a wild swing or two which could possibly trouble Joshua - I'm still on the fence as regards to his chin and taking some good shots over a period, he needs to concentrate on his main asset the jab!
    They used to say of Lennox Lewis that "he had a jab that pierced the souls of men" - I hope AJ follows that same path.

Wilders fight with Ortiz degenerated into just that - a wild scrap with Wilder swinging and flinging - would like to think that someone with the boxing skill of AJ would be able to pick off a shot or 3 if Wilder charged in in the same way.

Would like to see Dillion take on Wilder.

Grand Master
    AJ is still learning and showing more and more maturity with his fights, i think he'll be able to win against Wilder with ease if he keeps progressing the way he is, the sad thing is there just isn't much out there in the division, just look at Wilder, i think he's up at 40 odd fights undefeated, yet hasn't really faced anyone of note.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    They used to say of Lennox Lewis that "he had a jab that pierced the souls of men" - I hope AJ follows that same path.

Wilders fight with Ortiz degenerated into just that - a wild scrap with Wilder swinging and flinging - would like to think that someone with the boxing skill of AJ would be able to pick off a shot or 3 if Wilder charged in in the same way.

Would like to see Dillion take on Wilder.
    Now yes Dillion v Wilder 😋 👍

Hopefully Fury can keep focused, get in shape and enter into the mix somewhere along the way

Master
    First 8 mins of the podcast pretty much agrees with what I posted https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062yq66

Now yes Dillion v Wilder  

Hopefully Fury can keep focused, get in shape and enter into the mix somewhere along the way
    Yes, what is happening these days with Fury?

Looking good. We are expecting an announcement this week for the come back fight. He is till listed as a Frank Warren fighter on the Box Nation site.

Craftsman
    Devil's Dandruff ?

Craftsman
    Well according to gossip, he's training hard and looking to have his first bout since klitschko outing around June time. He's dropped around 7 stone and around the 18st at present (not sure how he'd fair over 12 rounds if called upon), he has a new trainer, parted company with his Uncle and looks to be signing up with Frank Warren (Hearn was trying to sign him up). Generally these promoters are mostly thick as thieves where money rules over the boxing ranking order and good old fashioned winner takes all :)

Very dissapointing fight, Joshua seemed unsure of what to do against a decent defensive fighter. Fury had a good chance imo if he gets back to his best.

And so the bubble almost burst

The guy AJ fought has never ever been stopped and he could t stop him either

Fury or the yank will not lose sleep over the hype

Fury is a great brawler - the yank guy who’s Jane escapes me is a pure animal

Both would take him I reckon

I won on my bet that the fight would go the distance didn’t have to say who won

Quote Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
    VJoshua seemed unsure of what to do against a decent defensive fighter.
    Really?

I would say AJ knew exactly what he was doing and for the most part did it pretty well. Great boxing from AJ, not great fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Really?

I would say AJ knew exactly what he was doing and for the most part did it pretty well. Great boxing from AJ, not great fighting.
    He certainly didnt know how to attack, he just stayed out of jab range.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
    He certainly didnt know how to attack, he just stayed out of jab range.

He certainly didn't like getting in close, everytime they got close he looked at the ref straight away for support and as for walking back to the corner on his own accord to get the bandage secured was suicidal, imagine if that had been a Mike Tyson in the same ring - game over

I'm not knocking Josuha, love him to bits and he's progressing/learning with every fight - but just saying

He certainly didn't like getting in close, everytime they got close he looked at the ref straight away for support and as for walking back to the corner on his own accord to get the bandage secured was suicidal, imagine if that had been a Mike Tyson in the same ring - game over

I'm not knocking Josuha, love him to bits and he's progressing/learning with every fight - but just saying
    The ref was absolutely attrocious as well, ruined any close quarters action by jumping in for no reason.