closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone using CBD Oil?

Is anyone using CBD Oil?

Having recently read about this, I wondered if it might help my wife with pain relief.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Eddie do a search for Billy Caldwell - a young lad local to me.

It has literally saved his life, and I know the story to be 100% true.

I believe he was the first person in the UK to be prescribed it. His Mum is also now selling it I believe.

Master
    My mother suffers from Trigeminal Neuralgia which is said to be worse than a tooth abscess, she literally jumps out of seats with the pain. She’s had all sorts of painkillers in the last 40 years including something she was taking 6 of daily that flatlined my dad when he took just one, he woke up in A&E!

I get her a bag of ‘herbs’ every month and she’s as happy as Larry, it either kills the pain or let’s her not give a sh*t!

Id give CBD a go but then I’m partial to THC..

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Eddie do a search for Billy Caldwell - a young lad local to me.

It has literally saved his life, and I know the story to be 100% true.

I believe he was the first person in the UK to be prescribed it. His Mum is also now selling it I believe.
    Thanks but their website is "down for maintenance" :-(

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I used CBD vape for a while for my back pain, worked a treat.

Try this website, they have a good variety of products https://scothemp.com

No affiliation

Craftsman
    I have been doing some research into this myself.

Different scenario, as I have cancer. Specifically I had an Anaplastic Astrocytoma (Malignant Brain tumour)

While I was having chemotherapy, I did actually ask my Oncologist about the use of CBD oil as it is meant to help with brain cancer and the associated seizures but as predicted, he said that there is no clear evidence to show that patients show improvement after taking ‘alternative’ therapies and there have been no official clinical trials with CBD oil in relation to my specific cancer. He strongly advised that I do not try any natural therapies while I was on chemo as it may interfere with the chemo and other medication I was on

I finished my course of Chemotherapy in December last year so I have started to look into CBD oil once again. Loads of YouTube video’s on the subject. It is difficult to separate what is true and what is fake though so I will be following this thread with interest.

I hope you find a viable solution for your wife.

All the best.

Kapish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    There are two types of oil the standard CBD oil legal and on sale mainly online, and what is sometimes classed as medical cannabis oil which still has the THC content unfortunately still illegal in this country, I've recently started using the CBD oil first as drops and now in capsules I use it mainly for aches and pains but it also seems to have a slight calming effect I didn't really notice much to begin with but I left it off for about a week and realised that it was helping. I use these people https://www.lovecbd.org/ some info on the website I have recently been using the 600MG CBD ENTOURAGE CAPSULES – 60 X 10MG CBD and find that two a day is about right for me at the moment. Don't be tempted by the stuff Holland & Barratt are knocking out it's such a low dose I doubt if you could sensibly get enough into you to do any good. I have also used these and they also offer some advice on their website
    https://www.cbdoilsuk.com/discover/faqs/ .

I used to be an occasional smoker of the odd joint or two years ago and no doubt about it it had a better effect but wouldn't bother now as to much risk getting done for drug driving etc as the thc seems to stay in the system for ages but I'm sure the coppers on here would know more about that side of things.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchfreek View Post
    I have been doing some research into this myself.

Different scenario, as I have cancer. Specifically I had an Anaplastic Astrocytoma (Malignant Brain tumour)

While I was having chemotherapy, I did actually ask my Oncologist about the use of CBD oil as it is meant to help with brain cancer and the associated seizures but as predicted, he said that there is no clear evidence to show that patients show improvement after taking ‘alternative’ therapies and there have been no official clinical trials with CBD oil in relation to my specific cancer. He strongly advised that I do not try any natural therapies while I was on chemo as it may interfere with the chemo and other medication I was on

I finished my course of Chemotherapy in December last year so I have started to look into CBD oil once again. Loads of YouTube video’s on the subject. It is difficult to separate what is true and what is fake though so I will be following this thread with interest.

I hope you find a viable solution for your wife.

All the best.

Kapish

this might be better for you, Aloe Arborescens worth doing a search, a friend of mine started using it and he's convinced that it has helped him,

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by FULL TIMER View Post
    this might be better for you, Aloe Arborescens worth doing a search, a friend of mine started using it and he's convinced that it has helped him,
    Thank you. I will definitely look into this.

My wife has Fibromyalgia and i've recently bought her some from Holland and Barret,early days yet so no idea if it helps,apparently it tastes foul..my bosses wife has the same condition and she swears it works for her with pain relief etc...if no joy from this stuff i might try and get the more concentrated variety available elsewhere.

Master
    When my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer someone on a home visit suggested we tried it for him to ease the pain and possibly help him last longer (although he was too far gone by the time it was diagnosed we didn’t know) within the hour some was delivered to me by an old school friend that’s in that “industry”.
    Honestly those last few weeks where superb for him all the pain was more manageable and he was back to almost his old self. He sadly passed within weeks of diagnosis and we had a blazing row about him trying cbd because he was so anti drugs and was more worried about me getting caught with it etc however after convincing him to at least try it he was totally converted.
    I gave the remainder 500ml bottle to a lady at the chemo ward whom had been struggling to get her own due to cost and not knowing the right people as apparently it’s quite expensive (I wasn’t charged) she wrote me a lovely letter this Christmas passed on through the nurse thanking me and convinced it had cured her I don’t know about that but I definitely seen for myself the effect it had on my dads pain.
    I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to try it if I needed it and I’ve never really been one for cannabis even in my youth, there are YouTube videos on how to make it yourself and seems a pretty easy process if you can find the raw ingredients, for my dad I mixed a tiny grain of rice sized bit into a yoghurt 2-3 times a day the amount you actually need is unreal what I was given bordered on a lifetimes supply.

I’ve lived with pain for 18 years, I’ve tried most remedies including CBD. Yes I do think it can help, but with all drugs there are side effects. Strong pain effective drugs leave me feeling desensitised, almost zombified. For the last nine months I have used Havening to combat my pain, fears and anxieties. It has had the greatest effect on my relief without side effects.
    Paul McKenna & Ron Ruden have been working to promotes these mindful techniques, I have seen many lives vastly improved by using them, I’m training to help others myself. Look at these u tube clips to see how it works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C1l...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6P...&feature=share

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    I have a depressive disorder for many years now. It started when my mom and dad got a divorce. And i am the only child so it's really hard for me to accept it. Everyday i wake up i don't know what will i do or should i continue my life. Luckily i have this friend who introduce me the CBD at first i don't know what will be the effect of this. But i tried taking it and it really helps me a lot. I'm taking 100mg of CBD as well same as yours. So now i believe that CBD is the best solution. And here's more info that i read about it https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seed...-best-solution

Craftsman
    Do you empty everything else out of the ecig and replace it with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon View Post
    I used CBD vape for a while for my back pain, worked a treat.

Try this website, they have a good variety of products https://scothemp.com

No affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Do you empty everything else out of the ecig and replace it with this stuff?
    Probably better to use a different tank

Craftsman
    Cool, thanks. I am going to get some for my Mum.
    Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon View Post
    Probably better to use a different tank

Master
    I get results from the drops but the e juice was a waste of time and money for me.

I mostly use it for anxiety but its helps with my back pain to a degree as well. It's not life changing or anything but it does take the edge off, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambher View Post
    I have a depressive disorder for many years now. It started when my mom and dad got a divorce. And i am the only child so it's really hard for me to accept it. Everyday i wake up i don't know what will i do or should i continue my life. Luckily i have this friend who introduce me the CBD at first i don't know what will be the effect of this. But i tried taking it and it really helps me a lot. I'm taking 100mg of CBD as well same as yours. So now i believe that CBD is the best solution. And here's more info that i read about it https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seed...-best-solution
    Interesting intro post to TZ

Apprentice

CBD oil

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Having recently read about this, I wondered if it might help my wife with pain relief.

Eddie
    I would use CBD oil for pain relief, but make sure you get one of the stronger bottles like 1000 mgs and up. There's a really good directory that lists lots of CBD oil businesses here: CBD Directory

I personally use these guys for getting CBD myself: CBD Oil

Apprentice
    The Billy Caldwell stuff has been kicking off majorly. His Mum brought it back in yesterday and had it taken from her at Heathrow! She must be so frustrated, I saw he had his first seizure in over 300 days yesterday as he didn't get his CBD.

When in the US I used Green Roads CBD and now I'm in Europe I use Love CBD oils, the links I've added have some discount codes for the pair of them.

I personally find it good for pain releif, get pains in my back. Would recommend it as something worth trying. Do your research first though as there is some rubbish out there. Plenty of Snake oil salesman doing the rounds. I always look for a company willing to show the analysis has been carried out and to show the results of this.

My mums in constant pain, and is getting nowhere with the Doc's, lots of pills, lots of blood tests, but not getting her anywhere.

Im rationalising that I don't see how this can make her situation worse and it might just help.

I've just bought her some 15% oil from endoca.com, hope it helps !

You can speak to these guys, very ethical company, ring between 9 and 12 (packing and sending out orders the rest of the day) best to ring for advice although they do have a very nice shop online...

https://cbdbrothers.com/

Stay safe out there guys...

Gadget

Master
    For arthritis cbd oil definatly works, for cancer rso ?

http://phoenixtears.ca/
    Last edited by Karl; 13th June 2018 at 22:54.

Craftsman
    My sis has a facial tick palsy thing that has improved a lot with CBD oil. Maybe not for everyone but it works for her. She gets it by post from Holland.
    It also worked on my partners joint pain after an accident.

Craftsman
    I came across this thread a couple of weeks ago when I had just received my first consignment of CBD high strength capsules from Healthspan so I thought it sensible to wait a couple of weeks before responding.
    Background: I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2005. Initially the problem was tremor but that was dealt with by deep brain stimulation implant surgery in 2011. In the last year my mobility has gotten regressively worse - shuffling and freezing etc.
    When I said to my Neurologist I was thinking of trying CBD his response was "I can't prescribe it but if you want to, try it." My GP said "What have you got to lose?"
    It may not work at all for my problem - there's no miraculous cure so far although my wife thinks there is some improvement. It's easier to relax and sleep. It may be a placebo effect but who cares?
    What niggles me about the illegality of a THC medical variant in tis country is that I have no interest whatsoever in recreational drugs but I do consider myself intelligent enough to objectively test it - particularly if supervised by a medical professional.
    And is it correct as I have read somewhere that the largest European grower/exporter of cannabis for medical use is the UK?
    I would say, Eddie, tell your wife to try it - what has she got to lose?

Craftsman
    My 82 year old mum has been having tests, cat scan, X-rays etc for the last 20 years for a mysterious 'pain' that travels round her body. She’s convinced all the doctors have missed 'something'. Personally, myself and my sister think it’s in her head and we’ve tried getting help but she just won’t have it and is convinced there’s a pill out there that will cure her. I’m not exaggerating when I say she calls 999 at least twice a week and goes to A&E. She’s tried all known medicines including oranorph, morphne patches and injections and nothing works. For her. I was thinking of getting some cannabis as she’s a smoker but what is this oil stuff? Completely ignorant about drugs here - 60 years old and never taken them. Where can I find out more about this oil and how do you use it? Smoke it? Drink it? Mix it in your food?
    Last edited by Motman; 24th July 2018 at 18:40.

Tempted to try some of this myself, but as im on heart medication dont know if it would interfere with it? Be nice to be able to go outdoors for more than ten minutes without panicking though.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsm View Post
    I came across this thread a couple of weeks ago when I had just received my first consignment of CBD high strength capsules from Healthspan so I thought it sensible to wait a couple of weeks before responding.
    Background: I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2005. Initially the problem was tremor but that was dealt with by deep brain stimulation implant surgery in 2011. In the last year my mobility has gotten regressively worse - shuffling and freezing etc.
    When I said to my Neurologist I was thinking of trying CBD his response was "I can't prescribe it but if you want to, try it." My GP said "What have you got to lose?"
    It may not work at all for my problem - there's no miraculous cure so far although my wife thinks there is some improvement. It's easier to relax and sleep. It may be a placebo effect but who cares?
    What niggles me about the illegality of a THC medical variant in tis country is that I have no interest whatsoever in recreational drugs but I do consider myself intelligent enough to objectively test it - particularly if supervised by a medical professional.
    And is it correct as I have read somewhere that the largest European grower/exporter of cannabis for medical use is the UK?
    I would say, Eddie, tell your wife to try it - what has she got to lose?
    I'm told that the oil is not difficult to find but how would you know what you're buying? Until it's legal to produce in laboratory conditions, it's not worth taking the risk.

Eddie

I'm told that the oil is not difficult to find but how would you know what you're buying? Until it's legal to produce in laboratory conditions, it's not worth taking the risk.

Eddie
    Holland & Barrett (amongst others) sell it. Presumably produced to certain standards like all of their vitamins and supplements.

For laboratory tested cannabis derived products visit CBD Brothers website https://cbdbrothers.com/ if you buy online or find your local supplier through https://www.nimh.org.uk/find-a-herbalist/

Holland and Barret supply hemp based CBD supplied by Jacob Hooy (CBD+) cheap at £22 for 10ml but only 5% CBD (not cannabis derived)

While the current classification allows for these products to be sold as food supplements, should the laws be changed, which seems likely, CBD will only be available from licenced manufacturers.

I bought some of this on a whim to vape and I must say it did relax me, I'd class it as a bit like having a small glass of red wine, made me have very strange dreams too!

I can see how long term use would reduce anxiety but @ £50 a bottle it could work out expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    For laboratory tested cannabis derived products visit CBD Brothers website https://cbdbrothers.com/ if you buy online or find your local supplier through https://www.nimh.org.uk/find-a-herbalist/

Holland and Barret supply hemp based CBD supplied by Jacob Hooy (CBD+) cheap at £22 for 10ml but only 5% CBD (not cannabis derived)

While the current classification allows for these products to be sold as food supplements, should the laws be changed, which seems likely, CBD will only be available from licenced manufacturers.
    Does it matter where the oil is derived from as long as it's the same active ingredient?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Does it matter where the oil is derived from as long as it's the same active ingredient?
    Yes it does, there are at least 104 known compounds in cannabis including

CBD, CBDA, CBGA, CBG, CBDV, CBC, CBGV, CBN, THC-A, THCV which all have differing affects on the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the human body.

Most of the above do not appear in hemp varieties.

Recent studies show remarkable reactions to CBN which is mainly found in aged cannabis.

Have a look at Wiki Cannabinol (CBN), not to be confused with Cannabidiol or Cannabinodiol.

Yes it does, there are at least 104 known compounds in cannabis including

CBD, CBDA, CBGA, CBG, CBDV, CBC, CBGV, CBN, THC-A, THCV which all have differing affects on the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the human body.

Most of the above do not appear in hemp varieties.

Recent studies show remarkable reactions to CBN which is mainly found in aged cannabis.

Have a look at Wiki Cannabinol (CBN), not to be confused with Cannabidiol or Cannabinodiol.
    I should have said CBD but this is what the thread is about. Does it matter where this comes from then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I should have said CBD but this is what the thread is about. Does it matter where this comes from then?
    Some people think it does matter, then again until more research is done we really do not know, Once the big pharmaceutical companies take over the market we may get a better understanding of why and how this plant affects the human body.

GW pharma are the UK's largest producer of Cannabis grown in Norwich but is only offered for sale to customers abroad,

Quote from their website, "GW’s vision is to be the global leader in prescription cannabinoid medicines, developing and commercializing pharmaceutical products which address clear unmet needs."

https://www.gwpharm.com/

Master

Eddie
    I can understand your concerns Eddie. I started taking CBD capsules a couple of months ago as I have been diagnosed as having arthritis in my hips. The first months supply I bought was from abroad (via one of the links in this thread). I genuinely felt that it helped relieve my symptoms. When this brand was close to running out, I sourced some locally (here in Tamworth) which were significantly cheaper. This past month, my symptoms have been as bad as ever, meaning one of two things. 1. The second, locally sourced capsules were shite or, 2, the whole thing is bullshit and the first course I took coincided with a bout of less flare-ups and maybe a little placebo effect. I will be starting a new course of a different brand very soon so I might get a clearer picture of it all in another few weeks.

For clarity, these are the capsules that I thought eased my symptoms;

https://www.mcubotanicals.com/collec...d-oil-capsules

I took 2 per day, morning and night, a relatively small dose compared to the maximum RDA. Each tub, on this basis, would last for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by stefaulkner; 26th July 2018 at 18:31. Reason: Linked a product I thought beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I can understand your concerns Eddie. I started taking CBD capsules a couple of months ago as I have been diagnosed as having arthritis in my hips. The first months supply I bought was from abroad (via one of the links in this thread). I genuinely felt that it helped relieve my symptoms. When this brand was close to running out, I sourced some locally (here in Tamworth) which were significantly cheaper. This past month, my symptoms have been as bad as ever, meaning one of two things. 1. The second, locally sourced capsules were shite or, 2, the whole thing is bullshit and the first course I took coincided with a bout of less flare-ups and maybe a little placebo effect. I will be starting a new course of a different brand very soon so I might get a clearer picture of it all in another few weeks.

For clarity, these are the capsules that I thought eased my symptoms;

https://www.mcubotanicals.com/collec...d-oil-capsules

I took 2 per day, morning and night, a relatively small dose compared to the maximum RDA. Each tub, on this basis, would last for 2 weeks.
    I was talking about the full-blown cannabis oil ;-)

Eddie

I was talking about the full-blown cannabis oil ;-)

Eddie

You would need to have access to a testing facility preferably HPLC and locally, failing that CANNA in Spain will test it for around €135 if you can get a sample to them. (you will need to locate a compassion club in Spain to do this for you)

A 'friend' sent me this.

^^^ I think I'll pass ;-)

Eddie

Do you have Facebook Eddie?

There is a CBD group on there I've joined. Very helpful, lots of information, and they have a doctor and a nurse as members, might be worth a look.

The group is secret though, but I can hook you up. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post

There is a CBD group on there I've joined. Very helpful, lots of information, and they have a doctor and a nurse as members, might be worth a look.

The group is secret though, but I can hook you up. 
    Yes please.

Eddie

Craftsman
    I think I can add to this now.

Long story short at the end of last year I got Ill and ended up in hospital with sepsis which led to me being diagnosed with a type of arthritis called ankylosing spongilitus, none of the prescription drugs are working and I am waiting for NICE to approve me to start biological drugs.

I have to have regular blood tests to check inflammation etc and as lots of time has passed since I got sick I nearly lost my job so I took maters into my own hands.

An MMA fighter friend recommended CBD.

i tried the Holland and Barrett stuff, no good.

My friend suggested vaping the same type as him which is full spectrum and only made from the plant and includes all terpenes, research will tell you the ones you need.

I don't smoke but ordered the kit and it was/is fantastic.

Pins and needles gone, pain gone, relaxed, tried different strain and slept all night for first time in months.

I vaped 3 times per day and the results were great.

My inflammation levels dropped so much the consultants asked me to stop for one month so I could still be approved by NICE for the medication they want to put me on.

Canavape is the company and its the full spectrum vape ejuice and it is great.

However I have since found a possibly better/alternative product but it's certainly not for everyone and I'm not even sure about it myself.

It is CBD sprayed on dried Marshmellow plant I believe, you smoke it in a bong(bought from Amazon), I feel like a real druggy every few days standing at the back door taking hits from the bong but the sleep is amazing and pain is gone for at least two days, then I don't need to vape or worry about topping up ejuice.

My blood results have proved to me and consultants that CBD works for inflammation and the less inflammation I have the less pain I suffer.

If I can provide any further information please let me know

Craftsman

The group is secret though, but I can hook you up. 
    Hi Zephyr,
    May I join the party? (see my post above)
    David

Yes please.

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

I've sent you a friend request on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsm View Post
    Hi Zephyr,
    May I join the party? (see my post above)
    David
    Hi David,

Of course, I need to add you as a friend on Facebook before I can introduce you to the group.
    Drop me a pm with a link to your profile so I can add you. ☺

I've been over there having a read through the posts, and the CBD oil seems to help an awful lot of people.

Hi Eddie,

I've sent you a friend request on Facebook.

Hi David,

Of course, I need to add you as a friend on Facebook before I can introduce you to the group.
    Drop me a pm with a link to your profile so I can add you. ☺

I've been over there having a read through the posts, and the CBD oil seems to help an awful lot of people.
    What are the initials of the person sending the request? I have half a dozen requests from people whose names I don't recognise.

Eddie

Eddie, David, Ralphy. I've added to the group, the admins will take a look at your FB profile, and hopefully you'll be in soon. 👍👍

Apprentice

Talking CBD Oil - Its worked for me!

I bought some from Synerva CBD Oils www.synervacbdoils.co.uk and its worked a treat for my arthiritis pain - think i bought the 10% one but they do have stronger.

Owl1
    I have 2 drops under my tongue for lower back pain , works wonders .I bought it from Holland and Barratt .

Eddie, David, Ralphy. I've added to the group, the admins will take a look at your FB profile, and hopefully you'll be in soon. 
    I haven't seen anything, can you give me a link to see if I've been added?

Eddie

My dad has severe hip pain and uses cbd pro shots from cbd asylum.

He swears by it and with the pro shot you can put it into any drink as it’s flavourless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk