timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lemania

Hybrid View

Lemania

A recent purchase but a firm favourite.

Master
    Blog Entries
    a very nice Series 1 Monopusher Chronograph. These are a good size for a vintage military issued piece.

It is 38/39 in reality but it wears much bigger. Bigger than my 16610 Sub. Really weird!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's the size of the dial I guess. More of the diameter of the sub case is taken up by the wide rotating bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    Congrats, I'd say firm favourite too, but I'm a bit biased. Any chance of seeing to real goodies, caseback etc.

I was also surprised that after the honey moon passed I still reach for mine very very often. It's just so easy to wear and handle.

Wear it in good health
    Pat

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here's mine:

Master
    Blog Entries
    What does it say on the back of your's?

Here is mine.

As you can see from my profile pic, Lemania is a thing for me. I deliberately went for a single struck, sterile dial series one, as close as possible to how Lemania delivered it to the MoD
    Dave
    Last edited by sweets; 23rd April 2018 at 09:56.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Here is mine.

As you can see from my profile pic, Lemania is a thing for me. I deliberately went for a single struck, sterile dial series one, as close as possible to how Lemania delivered it to the MoD
    Dave
    I love Lemania and have bought two this week alone.

The sterile dial is a great find and would like one in the collection, for me a like the military aspect of the single pusher chrono.

Yep, I really have a thing for Lemania too. Not sure why but I find them super cool.

Not military but a recent pick up for £200 and I am super happy with it.

Maybe we should start a ‘show your Lemania’ thread?

Been meaning to stop by again, so I doubt I was missed since and two of the three heavyweights have dropped in the mean time.

Oh the joy of Le-mania-c's. Wow lovely show of some great examples. 817 wowee, really interesting gold applied numeral and a Dk issued...

Hope my images load OK
    Front and back clam case hs9 and a roulette dial alarm sorry taken just before easter.

Cheers p

Quote Originally Posted by TapAptPat View Post
    Been meaning to stop by again, so I doubt I was missed since and two of the three heavyweights have dropped in the mean time.

Oh the joy of Le-mania-c's. Wow lovely show of some great examples. 817 wowee, really interesting gold applied numeral and a Dk issued...

Hope my images load OK
    Front and back clam case hs9 and a roulette dial alarm sorry taken just before easter.

Cheers p

Show a bit more of the blue dial if you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    I haven't seen one of these South African Air Force Lemanias in the thread yet, so here's one of mine ;)
    You have more than one..gaaasp..are they all SaaF?

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    I've a dozen or so Lemania 5100s, but only one with Lemania on the dial
    Nice... Nice.. Andy

Show a bit more of the blue dial if you can?
    I'd be happy to, since you pick just the day for some photos. And that we all need to unsee 2 SaaF in one thread. Any more lurking?

I'd be happy to, since you pick just the day for some photos. And that we all need to unsee 2 SaaF in one thread. Any more lurking?
    There are already 3 in this thread

I too would be curious to see whether any others surface.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Really loving those SAAF watches amongst the others. Wow... a reissue would be successful I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yup I recon this will do...If you buy new.
    A-13a from Paulo over on wus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    There are already 3 in this thread

I too would be curious to see whether any others surface.
    3 oh my days, time to get a "bri" going I think it might lure a few more into the sunshine..

Just off set the mods about I've included a nice 3 series hobnail dial so back on track.

So it's just perfect for an early evening rotation.

Cheers pat

Really loving those SAAF watches amongst the others. Wow... a reissue would be successful I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

It would have to be by Breguet though. Why they got rid of the brand lord only knows

Master
    It would have to be by Breguet though. Why they got rid of the brand lord only knows
    I think Breguet describes the 584/Q movement in their XXI chrono as being a Nouvelle Lemania movement...but it was originally, as I understand it, based on the Lemania 1340.

Image test

Last edited by quietly; 4th April 2020 at 23:49.

I was never sure if the uneven printing on the dial of my(long gone, sadly) one was a fault, but it seems not.

Hi can someone shed some light on this,what do the numbers mean on the back,this has recently been found in my wife’s grandads house,it’s not running great and is a bit battered,would it be worth getting sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Hi can someone shed some light on this,what do the numbers mean on the back,this has recently been found in my wife’s grandads house,it’s not running great and is a bit battered,would it be worth getting sorted
    It looks like a nice one. It is for Navy Fleet Air Arm, HS /|\ 9 stands for Hydrographic Service. /|\ is called the broad arrow, means crown property, 9 is the stores code for a chronograph wristwatch. It costs more to service a chronograph than a standard wristwatch, say GBP300? I would say it should be serviced if you plan to wear it.
    By the way, the push button is a wrong one. If you plan to sell it, let me know.
    Last edited by NobitaD; 6th July 2018 at 04:53.

Quote Originally Posted by NobitaD View Post
    It looks like a nice one. It is for Navy Fleet Air Arm, HS /|\ 9 stands for Hydrographic Service. /|\ is called the broad arrow, means crown property, 9 is the stores code for a chronograph wristwatch. It costs more to service a chronograph than a standard wristwatch, say GBP300? I would say it should be serviced if you plan to wear it.
    By the way, the push button is a wrong one. If you plan to sell it, let me know.
    What would be a realistic figure in this condition and what could it achieve if serviced and cleaned,thanks much appreciated

Master
    Blog Entries
    What would be a realistic figure in this condition and what could it achieve if serviced and cleaned,thanks much appreciated

Around 2.5K

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Around 2.5K
    Saw a nice one, with all lumes on hands sold for GBP 2.4k recently. Serviced too.

I decided to get this serviced and cleaned up,it’s not back yet but here’s a couple of photos got a new pusher fitted more like the original,can anyone give more information now the serial number is visible,I’ve also seen a couple with the numbers on the back crossed out and replaced with I think a nato number,not really sure what this is for .

I decided to get this serviced and cleaned up,it’s not back yet but here’s a couple of photos got a new pusher fitted more like the original,can anyone give more information now the serial number is visible,I’ve also seen a couple with the numbers on the back crossed out and replaced with I think a nato number,not really sure what this is for .

Nice HS9 sir, is it a family piece or something you found yourself?

As for crossed out, also referred to struck or strike through, yes just like word processing tools. It's part MOD stocktaking. The earlier pieces did not match the new NSN coding. Also standards got amended/upgraded as time would pass. So it's quite possible to see HS9 a non incablock like yours. Become 0552....3305. As a transfer of old code to new. But also HS9 upgrade to incablock and added high altitude tensile ring for crystal and reassigned to RAF. Hs9 struck with 6b or 6bb... 3306. During this period there was a shortage of resources. Another cause for stuck casebacks.

I have deliberately left the "... " as it get very nerdy and alot of variant exist in the time frame of your watch. After 69 it would be logged as 6646-99-920-3305
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    Ahh ok thanks for that, interesting. Talking of 6bb, 0552 etc, I have an issued cwc G10 from 1995 and it has the code 0555... Any idea which arm that was issued to?
    0555 = Royal Marines

Hope this helps guys
    P

Nice HS9 sir, is it a family piece or something you found yourself?

As for crossed out, also referred to struck or strike through, yes just like word processing tools. It's part MOD stocktaking. The earlier pieces did not match the new NSN coding. Also standards got amended/upgraded as time would pass. So it's quite possible to see HS9 a non incablock like yours. Become 0552....3305. As a transfer of old code to new. But also HS9 upgrade to incablock and added high altitude tensile ring for crystal and reassigned to RAF. Hs9 struck with 6b or 6bb... 3306. During this period there was a shortage of resources. Another cause for stuck casebacks.

I have deliberately left the "... " as it get very nerdy and alot of variant exist in the time frame of your watch. After 69 it would be logged as 6646-99-920-3305
    0555 = Royal Marines

Hope this helps guys
    P

It was the wife’s grandads ,but I don’t think he was in the forces ,so not sure where he got it

Journeyman

The case back is so shinny! Has it been polished?

Quote Originally Posted by NobitaD View Post
    The case back is so shinny! Has it been polished?
    Probably,it’s currently being serviced and cleaned up

Thread revival, here's my SAAF 5012.

Would anyone know the current market value? Time to re-home this one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last few sales were in the £11.5K - 9K range iirc, one here - https://vintagewatchfever.co.uk/prod...raph-as-found/ [and also on Omega Forums - https://omegaforums.net/threads/rare...s-found.89850/ ] and one before that at Phillips [iirc] also in 2019 for £9K hammer / 11K with fees.

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    Last few sales were in the £11.5K - 9K range iirc, one here - https://vintagewatchfever.co.uk/prod...raph-as-found/ [and also on Omega Forums - https://omegaforums.net/threads/rare...s-found.89850/ ] and one before that at Phillips [iirc] also in 2019 for £9K hammer / 11K with fees.
    Many thanks, that's very helpful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk