closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dealers buying on SC and flogging on at profit

Nonsense.

You have returned under a different ID to cause trouble again.

I will not be communicating with you again to remove any doubt.

Please do not PM me again suggesting things that have not happened or suggestions that in some way you are under duress. Very wicked and typical of your former identity and not surprising TBH.

I am out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    I think you’ve threatened me.

Was it bravado, do you mean to threaten? Are you telling me that you know where I live and are you implying I should be afraid of that?

And what am I meant to enjoy?

Those are very cowardly words.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Nonsense.

You have returned under a different ID to cause trouble again.

I will not be communicating with you again to remove any doubt.

Please do not PM me again suggesting things that have not happened or suggestions that in some way you are under duress. Very wicked and typical of your former identity and not surprising TBH.

I am out of this one.
    You’re a nasty, cowardly bully. You clearly meant what you said as a threat and you don’t even have the stones to follow it on or the moral fibre to clear it up. I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but those things make you an unpleasant bit of work. You toddle off now you’ve chucked your grenade, it’s what cowards do.

In the meantime, if you even hint at anything like that again, I’ll be giving a Section 9 statement and making a criminal complaint.

You’re a nasty, cowardly bully. You clearly meant what you said as a threat and you don’t even have the stones to follow it on or the moral fibre to clear it up. I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but those things make you an unpleasant bit of work. You toddle off now you’ve chucked your grenade, it’s what cowards do.

In the meantime, if you even hint at anything like that again, I’ll be giving a Section 9 statement and making a criminal complaint.
    You must do whatever you feel you must do, as must anyone.

But... you are talking complete nonsense.

If you feel that: “We know who you are and where you are.” Is a threat, and not just that but one that the police or anyone else would take seriously if you filed a report on it, then I’m afraid for your interpretational skill - which at best appears to be wilful misinterpretation and an attempt misdirection.

I couldn’t care less whether you understand how other members feel about sales corner - I won’t be buying from or selling to you in any case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

Get a grip
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I think you’ve threatened me.

Was it bravado, do you mean to threaten? Are you telling me that you know where I live and are you implying I should be afraid of that?

And what am I meant to enjoy?

Those are very cowardly words.
    You are very strange. I suggest autoerotic asphyxiation, rather than watch forums, as a way to pass your days.

As the OP I think I'm within my rights to ask (if not tell) certain members to move their bitching over to the Bear Pit.

This is a Forum, and there is and will, I hope, always be a spirit and etiquette which distinguishes it and its members from elsewhere. If we are to resort to carrying out investigations to "out" underhand dealers and others who see this as a place to hoover up bargains and flog elsewhere at profit, then SC will either dry up or become a semi-closed community. The onus is not on enthusiasts to carry out due diligence, but for dealers to either be open and honest, or to sod off. Trust can and should exist.

If these principles don't fit with your ethos, then TZ is not for you. Period. Gumtree and eBay will be more than happy to take your money.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    As the OP I think I'm within my rights to ask (if not tell) certain members to move their bitching over to the Bear Pit.

This is a Forum, and there is and will, I hope, always be a spirit and etiquette which distinguishes it and its members from elsewhere. If we are to resort to carrying out investigations to "out" underhand dealers and others who see this as a place to hoover up bargains and flog elsewhere at profit, then SC will either dry up or become a semi-closed community. The onus is not on enthusiasts to carry out due diligence, but for dealers to either be open and honest, or to sod off. Trust can and should exist.

If these principles don't fit with your ethos, then TZ is not for you. Period. Gumtree and eBay will be more than happy to take your money.
    Spending that kind of money expecting not to do any due diligence is asking for trouble. All the watch forums and pages and guides that talk about buying over the internet say ‘buy the seller’ if you’re a buyer and the reverse if you’re a seller.

You’re proposing instead, buy the forum? Or words to that effect? As there is no due diligence of members and membership is open to everyone, do you not see the gap in the logic there? Nobody, at any point has vetted anyone (save for people who know each other, but that’s not what we mean). Where’s the assurance?

I understand the gripe with people buying low to sell high, but what’s the harm in it? The seller is paid the asking price, so where is the loss?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone care to let the cat out of the bag as to who they think the previous ID of PSTG is?

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Anyone care to let the cat out of the bag as to who they think the previous ID of PSTG is?
    Who cares really? All rather sad.

Spending that kind of money expecting not to do any due diligence is asking for trouble. All the watch forums and pages and guides that talk about buying over the internet say ‘buy the seller’ if you’re a buyer and the reverse if you’re a seller.

You’re proposing instead, buy the forum? Or words to that effect? As there is no due diligence of members and membership is open to everyone, do you not see the gap in the logic there? Nobody, at any point has vetted anyone (save for people who know each other, but that’s not what we mean). Where’s the assurance?

I understand the gripe with people buying low to sell high, but what’s the harm in it? The seller is paid the asking price, so where is the loss?
    You appear to be of higher than average intelligence, yet seem to have difficulty understanding the meaning of the ethos of the TZ-UK SC.
    Others have explained it to you, but still you choose to think of sc as somewhere for vulturistic entrepreneurs to take advantage of sellers here.
    Either you are here to join in the scavenging, or to troll.
    Prove me wrong.

FWIW the recent exchanges are quite unpleasant and shower no one in glory. Just a whole load of nastiness for being nasty's sake.

We had a recent social media campaign waged against our business by some deeply angry and motivated people who were hell bent on besmirching our reputation. Our response, be polite - and when we couldn't reason with them because of their deeply held beliefs, we just ignored them.

Hate to sound so sage worthy but life is a little bit too short.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps its time to up the SC access to 1000 & 1 year or would that just lead to more spamming?

Master
    I still struggle to understand what all this is about. People buy and sell watches on SC; most seem perfectly content with the deals....life goes on.

Master
    Not a good look for all involved here.

Actually very cringey to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Perhaps its time to up the SC access to 1000 & 1 year or would that just lead to more spamming?
    I wouldn't mind that at all.

Terrible way this topic has evolved btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post

It would make Runner Spotting like watching Usain Bolt run a marathon. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I still struggle to understand what all this is about. People buy and sell watches on SC; most seem perfectly content with the deals....life goes on.
    Sour grapes?

First seller sells watch, buyer resells it a little later on for more.

First seller thinks oh dear I should have researched the market and sold that watch at a higher price. Never mind I got what I wanted for it.

OR

Flipping heck, no fair, wah, wah, wah, I’m off to the forum to bitch about it

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    I'm going with Kiki Picasso, but with all these nutters on here these days it won't be long before there's a poll to bring back Captain Howdy.