closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Newbie question, buying from watchfinder

Apprentice

Newbie question, buying from watchfinder

Hi all,

Newly registered to the forum

I own an Omega Seamaster that I would like to upgrade to a planet ocean.

Any downsides or advice for buying off watchfinder?
    They take trade ins which is an advantage for me.

Hello Neil,

I’ve dealt with WF several times and the process has always been entirely hassle free.

Their sales prices are high but in my experience so are their part ex valuations, so ‘swings and roundabouts’ really.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Hello Neil,

I’ve dealt with WF several times and the process has always been entirely hassle free.

Their sales prices are high but in my experience so are their part ex valuations, so ‘swings and roundabouts’ really.
    Thanks for the reply.
    That's what I thought, I could buy private but also might not get as much for my own.

They have a nice selection too.

Had a few off watchfinder and always find they are flexible on price. I did and a couple back as their description was wrong, pretty hassle free to their credit. I’d use them again.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post
    Had a few off watchfinder and always find they are flexible on price. I did and a couple back as their description was wrong, pretty hassle free to their credit. I’d use them again.
    Thanks, roughly what percentage discount did you see if you don't mind me asking?

Master
    Same for me, had a few from WF now, prices are robust and in some cases, offensive IMO but p/x is generally a bit higher.

Kieran Narain is great to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_Ireland View Post
    Hi all,

Newly registered to the forum

I own an Omega Seamaster that I would like to upgrade to a planet ocean.

Any downsides or advice for buying off watchfinder?
    They take trade ins which is an advantage for me.

I just bought a watch off them recently. I used chrono24 to negotiate a price with them,managed to get £200 off their asking price and an extended 2 year warranty. They are priced higher than other dealers yes but at the end of the day they are very reputable and they service any watches that aren't up to scratch so you know you are getting a good working watch with clean history etc,sometimes it's worth it to pay more for piece of mind. The only thing I'd say to you is you must pay online and get it delivered because if you change your mind at all you have 14 days to return it and get a full refund,if you buy a watch in any of their boutiques you can only return it for store credit or to exchange for something else as they will say you bought as seen. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Newbie question, buying from watchfinder

Ed Brown helped me with the watches. Very good guy to deal with. As you are based in Ireland you'll most likely order online anyway.

Last edited by Rbains0708; 23rd March 2018 at 23:35.

Master
    Sell to them; buy elsewhere. Best is a new watch with a decent discount. That gives you protection, The whole second-hand dealer scene needs some knowledge. Which takes time to build-up. As soon as you can, use Sales Corner. But always, be cautious. Good luck.

Apprentice
    Thanks for all the advice, food for thought over the weekend.

Craftsman
    Just to add; I recently bought a high end watch from them and not only got a decent discount but found the whole experience present and hassle free.

Blog Entries
    They tend to remove spare links and remove papers (manuals etc) - even supply watches in generic boxes if that concerns you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    They tend to remove spare links and remove papers (manuals etc) - even supply watches in generic boxes if that concerns you.
    Very much my experience. Does that seem a good way to behave?
    Last edited by paskinner; 24th March 2018 at 11:57.

I bought a Rolex Explorer from them without any issues. They are a little overpriced in my opinion but do offer decent part trade prices.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_Ireland View Post
    Thanks, roughly what percentage discount did you see if you don't mind me asking?
    Around 10% IIRC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post
    they service any watches that aren't up to scratch so you know you are getting a good working watch with clean histor
    They say this, but I (and others) have seen evidence in watches from them that indicates this is often not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’m pretty sure they sell the watches with whatever they came with when they buy them in. If they never received a box or papers they will give you a generic box when you buy. Each watch description on the site details exactly what you will get. Nothing underhand about that.

Master
    I bought a watch from them last week. They asked me my wrist-size - I replied that I'd size the bracelet myself thanks. Have heard about extra links being retained before so didn't want to run the risk. As it turned out, a really easy transaction.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I’m pretty sure they sell the watches with whatever they came with when they buy them in. If they never received a box or papers they will give you a generic box when you buy. Each watch description on the site details exactly what you will get. Nothing underhand about that.
    Err, with respect, I don't think so. I've sold stuff and the box 'disappeared' to be replaced by a generic box.. Watchfinder sell boxes on the internet. If you trust the firm....fine. Free choice.