closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: James Cameron Edition, what’s happened?

Journeyman

James Cameron Edition, what’s happened?

Has the James Cameron edition been finished but continued with a non James Cameron deep blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They finally gave it the bracelet it deserves.

Nothings happened- just extra crap on the dial. Then a mm here, a mm there... Nothing remotely interesting except idiots trying to hype the "original" and inflate prices with a deep blue bubble.

I'll reserve proper judgement until I've seen the new one in the flesh, but as someone who has worn a deepsea for the majority of the last 5 years I have to say from the photos I really do not like the look of the new lugs. What are they, slimmer and longer? Let's hope they look better in the real world.

Craftsman
    Collectors fettle.

I love Rolex but it seems another way to justify price on an old model.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    Nothings happened- just extra crap on the dial. Then a mm here, a mm there... Nothing remotely interesting except idiots trying to hype the "original" and inflate prices with a deep blue bubble.
    You can’t get one either then 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    New generation movement as well, no?

Master
    I think it’s just evolution of the product. The deepsea is 10 years old this year and I’ve always been a big fan of the watch. Most of the people who knock it haven’t lived with one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I think it’s just evolution of the product. The deepsea is 10 years old this year and I’ve always been a big fan of the watch. Most of the people who knock it haven’t lived with one.
    Exactly, a lot of unwarranted knocking. I’ve got some lovely watches and this is as nice as any of them.

Had mine since 2010 love it to bits ,although i reckon its not getting discontinued now for a while,what with the recent upgrades.?

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Whoa I didn't realise its been 10 years! It really is the best Rolex dive watch and I totally agree most who knock it have never tried it on with a properly sized bracelet. Having said that, a slightly wider bracelet will help but the issue with the DSSD was the taper, it needed to be slightly less aggressive.

Master
    Omg 10 years! I got mine in 2010 IIRC, sold it to get a d blue, and it is possibly my favourite watch ever. That or my 50 fathoms. The bracelet always feels correct, and the ability to finely adjust is a bonus.
    However the 116660 has been discontinued, in both dial colours, and Rolex now make the 126660, again with two dial colours. We can debate how this will hit 116660 values all day, but no one knows.
    It feels like an evolution, more like 987 from 986 than 996 from 993, and I am hoping to add a d blue 126660 to my collection. If I am lucky enough to get one I will post an in depth comparison here.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

I think chronet on the dial spoilts it for me

Master
    Never really been a fan but the new improved bracelet and end links really work now along with a fresh new movement:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ro...60-introducing

nope

Despite being a rolex fan this one just never did it for me

So if TZ were offered the opportunity to go and buy an existing deepblue at RRP, would you?

Blog Entries
    Perfectly put above by Messers Steve and Stephen, lots of unwanted knocking.

Agreed also Rob, my DSSD's are among the most loved in my collection also.

Pitch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Perfectly put above by Messers Steve and Stephen, lots of unwanted knocking.

Agreed also Rob, my DSSD's are among the most loved in my collection also.

Pitch
    I'm a fan of these, looking forward to getting the new version next.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Is it me ,I can't see the difference between old and new style lugs?