closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: And Chopard used to be a 'jewellery watch'

Master

And Chopard used to be a 'jewellery watch'

Quite a good snap, too.
    Last edited by Tinker; 23rd March 2018 at 20:44.

Craftsman
    Nice photo, thanks for sharing. If it were a gif I could probably watch it working for hours!

Unbelievable movement this Full Strike....the level of finishing looks amazing...thanks for posting

Master
    stunning work. thanks for sharing.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Would’ve made sense to include the thread too – Ken strikes again… see what I did there?

http://www.watchprosite.com/page-wf....open_bLoB_s-0/

And whilst we’re rightly praising Chopard’s L.U.C. division for being able to turn out this beauty, it’s worth remembering that the same company also own and resurrected the Ferdinand Beatrice brand which gave the world that 5 pieces LE bronze/brass thing I was less than complimentary about on the other thread.

It should also be noted that this is far from what Chopard L.U.C. is capable of making – http://www.themechanicalwatch.com/ch...iece-is-built/
    Last edited by PJ S; 23rd March 2018 at 21:52.

Master
    On the other hand, there are some things you wish you'd never seen ...

I don't know how difficult or unique this swirled brushing is, but I know I've spent a lot of time looking at it :)

A minor coincidence this - as my other half has very recently developed a strong interest in the brand. Given that she generally despises any mention of watches, it appears I have something to thank Chopard for!

Its good to see that their status as a "jewellery watch" also has some credible watchmaking achievements to back it up.
    The creaking you all may hear shortly is that of my wallet opening...

Reading the article, I was struck (there we go again) by the design of the chimes/gongs. I know that a metal ring that circles the movement just inside the case is usual. In this case they have used two sapphire rings that are formed out of the crystal, so it is all one piece of sapphire. No wonder it apparently sounds so good.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Reading the article, I was struck (there we go again) by the design of the chimes/gongs. I know that a metal ring that circles the movement just inside the case is usual. In this case they have used two sapphire rings that are formed out of the crystal, so it is all one piece of sapphire. No wonder it apparently sounds so good.
    I have a minor fascination with minute repeaters and believe this really is the peak of minute repeaters. Good notes and sound. And it seems so damn obvious that you would use sapphire for a minute repeater as opposed to striking on metal. The other interesting thing is, though it's not technically water proof to any degree, the activation via the crown means no gaping holes in the case that the Patek ones need.

There is a whole bunch of other stuff too, worth reading this Quill and Pad article - https://quillandpad.com/2017/09/17/c...-video-listen/