closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the GMT master 2 blnr be discontinued soon?

Master

Will the GMT master 2 blnr be discontinued soon?

I have my eye on buying one in the next 1-2 years but if they become discontinued they will be at a price I won’t want to pay. With the new steel Pepsi announced with the new movement and bracelet how much life is left in the blnr?

Appreciate it’s a bit of a guess but many of you may have an idea for how Rolex works with discontinuing models.

Stu

Will the GMT master 2 blnr be discontinued soon?

It all depends on the demand going forward. I can’t see the BLNR becoming any less popular and there’s certainly enough differentiation to make both (all three in fact) models viable in the GMT lineup.

So no, I don’t think there’s any reason to discontinue it.

They may be slightly easier to get hold of though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I have my eye on buying one in the next 1-2 years but if they become discontinued they will be at a price I won’t want to pay. With the new steel Pepsi announced with the new movement and bracelet how much life is left in the blnr?

Appreciate it’s a bit of a guess but many of you may have an idea for how Rolex works with discontinuing models.

Stu
    Dunno. But the way the ADs are behaving of late, you'd struggle to get one. I might pop into one to enquire about a black GMT on Monday so I could ask but I doubt they'll have any idea either

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Cheers folks. Really don’t want to miss out on it.

Apart from the stainless Daytona, there are no watches in the current Rolex lineup (except the latest Basel launches) that cannot be had with a bit of effort and patience.

I put my name on a list for the BLNR in October with Preston’s in Wilmslow, they called me in December with a watch for me. Similar experience with David M Robinson.

If you put your name down now, you should be able to have one by the end of summer quite easily.

I really hope they don't,still waiting on multiple lists.....the various steel gmts are all so different that I think they will remain popular

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Apart from the stainless Daytona, there are no watches in the current Rolex lineup (except the latest Basel launches) that cannot be had with a bit of effort and patience.

I put my name on a list for the BLNR in October with Preston’s in Wilmslow, they called me in December with a watch for me. Similar experience with David M Robinson.

If you put your name down now, you should be able to have one by the end of summer quite easily.
    That is what I was hoping to hear.

Dont see why not the new Pepsi case has new movement in the watch and they trying to fit to all the models. Only matter of time black bezel and Blnr get the new case and movement as will the rest of Gmtmaster range. Submariner is next for the chop too still uses a movement that goes back 20 odd years so needs a slight face lift and new movement.

That is what I was hoping to hear.
    Unfortunately Rolex AD's are not putting folk on lists now for sports Steel if you not bought nothing its struggle now. They seem to adopted a new approach as they do not get much of the good sports steel these days. Most in Leeds have closed lists Subs, etc... as hardly getting any through Lister's quoted 3 years for a Sub date I doubt they will put on the list for BLNR

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Just keep taking the prozac and you should make a full recovery

What ever knob

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post

I’d probably add the blue face SkyD and possibly the SD43 to that list of difficult watches. Apart from that, I’d agree.

Master
    Just keep taking the prozac and you should make a full recovery

He’s correct so why berate him? AD’s are so scared, it’s like they don’t actually want to sell watches. It’s such a weird scenario right now. Ironically, it’s now SO hard to get a Rolex Professional, the grey prices will probably go even higher!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I’d probably add the blue face SkyD and possibly the SD43 to that list of difficult watches. Apart from that, I’d agree.
    I’m not 100% sure about the Sky Dweller as I haven’t asked or looked, but you could well be right (especially the blue dial SS one).

The SD43 I’m not so sure about. I saw one in the case in the US last October, nearly bought it but decided against it. When I got back to the UK I texted my AD and he pulled one out the same day for me. I expected a wait of 6 months at least, but it wasn’t so.

Personally, I think the SD43 is being delivered thick and fast (well, as thick and fast as possible for a SS sports model), and I think it’ll continue to drop in price with grey sellers, and more people will be picking theirs up from ADs in the near future.

I keep seeing scare stories about SS models on different forums and I just cannot relate to those experiences. The watches are there if people put in a little effort and have some patience.

Stu
    Same old answer I'm afraid, buy the watch you like if/when you can afford it.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

And the case has changed too, hasn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Same old answer I'm afraid, buy the watch you like if/when you can afford it.
    This.

Pretty well impossible to get one at RRP unless you're very well connected with the AD's
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Reports saying BLNR and LN dropped from catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Both still on website

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    This.

Pretty well impossible to get one at RRP unless you're very well connected with the AD's
    I think soon you will need to be well connected to buy explorer nevermind blnr

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Both still on website
    I think they can be quite slow to update it ? Would be a shame to have no SS GMT available on Oyster bracelet if true though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Both still on website
    And most likely will remain. Ally has mentioned "reports" with no evidence.

This is all part of him trying to remain relevant on TZ.

I would suspect a zero chance of blnr being discontinued at this point.

Master
    Given the fact that Rolex made a big deal over how technically difficult it was to perfect the blue/black ceramic bezel when the BLNR was released, I would be very surprised if it's dropped.

If it is, then I think it's odds on to be re-released with the new movement sooner rather than later.

Do Rolex only release new models at Basel?

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post

Reports being posts on other forums from members who have copies of the latest catalogue.

You seem rattled though, try popping me on ignore if you don’t want to read what I post.

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Do Rolex only release new models at Basel?
    Could be wrong but wasn’t the Deepsea D-blue thing released out with Basel ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Reports being posts on other forums from members who have copies of the latest catalogue.

You seem rattled though, try popping me on ignore if you don’t want to read what I post.
    You are on ignore, just to ensure I don't mistakenly deal with you perspective, I am enjoying watching you faffing about trying to act as if nothing has happened. It's quiet a strange reaction.

Master
    I will be in a position to try and get one at the end of the year so fingers crossed! From what people have said a rolex model seems to stay available for around 10 years before being discontinued. This may be utter tripe though.

Master
    I have no idea what this means but I can confirm that both LN and BLNR are missing from the catalogue and price list. However, since Rolex said they were EXTENDING the GMT Master range when they revealed the new Pepsi, a guess that perhaps LN and BLNR could get the new movement (and price) soon, rather than being discontinued altogether.

This is all there is in the price list for GMT Master II:

Both featured in the display though:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    I have no idea what this means but I can confirm that both LN and BLNR are missing from the catalogue and price list. However, since Rolex said they were EXTENDING the GMT Master range when they revealed the new Pepsi, a guess that perhaps LN and BLNR could get the new movement (and price) soon, rather than being discontinued altogether.

That LN looks really nice, was this not the same for the JC deepsea at the end of last year?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post

Whats on the next page of the price list then...?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Whats on the next page of the price list then...?
    I took the photo just before leaving home so can't check now but it was a different model (probably Sea Dweller) on the next page. GMT begins and ends on the page you see in that photo.

Also, both the black SubC Date and ND are present in the catalogue so it's not that they have omitted all standard models.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Both still on website
    I think they can be quite slow to update it ? Would be a shame to have no SS GMT available on Oyster bracelet if true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post

I would suspect a zero chance of blnr being discontinued at this point.
    Dont feed the troll

Master
    Intereating. Keeping the watch and price on the forum but removing it from the catalogue. New movement is fine by me and price increase is not that big. The bracelet however is a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Dont feed the troll
    Eh? the “evidence” is above, I wasn’t making it up.

Your troll meter must be malfunctioning.

Not sure if it has been posted already but ablogtowatch has said the BLNR is to be discontinued.

It does make sense to update both models to the new movement and case rather than use a different case and movement for the LN/BLNR than for the new BLRO.

I’d expect to see the new models released very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    Not sure if it has been posted already but ablogtowatch has said the BLNR is to be discontinued.
    It says onblogtowatch the Batman is more than likely to get discountined or updated but Rolex stated will run side by side with the new Pepsi

To me all of the sports will get updated over time with that new movement Submariner will will next for the chop 2019 Basel as current movement is 25 plus years old

Master
    I plan to put it on oyster flex (assuming one would fit) so not the end of the world but it would lose the flexibility of having it the bracelet for smarter occasions.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It does make sense to update both models to the new movement and case rather than use a different case and movement for the LN/BLNR than for the new BLRO.

I’d expect to see the new models released very soon.
    So if the BLNR is getting the Pepsi's case, then it's likely to be on a Jubilee bracelet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    So if the BLNR is getting the Pepsi's case, then it's likely to be on a Jubilee bracelet?
    They can make the end links fit a jubilee or oyster so up to Rolex.

I don’t think they will discontinue as otherwise there will be no gmt on oyster (assuming the LN does too).

Really they should offer with both bracelet choices - what’s the worst that can happen ??

I plan to put it on oyster flex (assuming one would fit) so not the end of the world but it would lose the flexibility of having it the bracelet for smarter occasions.
    The Oyster flex I wanted for my rose gold Ceramic Daytona but would not fit Rolex changed it so would after buy the new clasp. But just had it on rubber b instead. The Everest straps are really good had one on a Batman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    The Oyster flex I wanted for my rose gold Ceramic Daytona but would not fit Rolex changed it so would after buy the new clasp. But just had it on rubber b instead. The Everest straps are really good had one on a Batman

So oyster flex would not fit a gmt master 2? Are the rubber b straps good? They look good and utilise the watches clasp which is great.

So oyster flex would not fit a gmt master 2? Are the rubber b straps good? They look good and utilise the watches clasp which is great.
    Doubt it buy could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    They can make the end links fit a jubilee or oyster so up to Rolex.

I don’t think they will discontinue as otherwise there will be no gmt on oyster (assuming the LN does too).

Really they should offer with both bracelet choices - what’s the worst that can happen ??
    Presumably no Oyster on the steel Pepsi so that the WG Pepsi owners don't get peed-off.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Presumably no Oyster on the steel Pepsi so that the WG Pepsi owners don't get peed-off.
    I’m jot so sure about that; the WG Pepsi now has a blue dial to differentiate it from the steel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’m jot so sure about that; the WG Pepsi now has a blue dial to differentiate it from the steel.
    Also still with the old movement to further differentiate.
    Wouldn't be a happy white gold GMT buyer now.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Also still with the old movement to further differentiate.
    Wouldn't be a happy white gold GMT buyer now.
    I’m surprised they haven’t put the new movement in it, I’d have thought they would be the sensible thing to do.

Obviously not kicked yet藍藍藍
    Who, you, somebody else?

Kicked?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman
    Highly unlikely, just update it. Jubilee is a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d have thought the BLNR would continue with a case/movement update - it’s so popular; why kill the cash cow?

The Pepsi is another example of Rolex p’ing off their PM customers (see the Sky Dweller for recent example thereof). Perhaps they have a surfeit of the bezels from unsold WG Pepsi models? I had hankered after a WG Sky Dweller but now they’re available at significantly less cost in steel it’s taken the ‘sheen’ off it.

I’ve ordered (well, ‘noted interest’ is all my AD will let me do) the S/S Pepsi and think the jubilee is a nice change. I’ve previously disliked it with a passion but somehow it looks ok to my eyes now. Ho hum.

Whatever next is anyone’s guess - a s/s ‘platona’? Blue faced sub in S/S.

Master
    Agree with above, cannot see them kiling off the BLNR - perhaps just a change of movement.

Having said that, we really cannot second guess can we!?