closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Utility Warehouse

Question Utility Warehouse

Folks, anyone got experience with Utility Warehouse and others like First Utiliy? Good stuff or bad stuff

I'm thinking of them as a way of reducing some bills.

Thanks in advance

Craftsman
    I have used Utility Warehouse on the back of a recommendation in Which? Prices are good but the service and resolution is dreadful. Everything is outsourced - call centres, engineers etc so there is very little accountability.

As soon as my fixed period ends, I will switch. Worst utility company I have used.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I have used Utility Warehouse on the back of a recommendation in Which? Prices are good but the service and resolution is dreadful. Everything is outsourced - call centres, engineers etc so there is very little accountability.

As soon as my fixed period ends, I will switch. Worst utility company I have used.
    Thanks for the info and your experience. Could I ask what 'resolution' it was that you needed?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Were with them when they first started but changed about six years ago, the broadband was crap

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Might be worth reading this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-joanna-lumley
    That article is about the people selling UW not what UW offer customers.
    I’m with UW for my gas, electric, broadband landline and I have a mobile sim with them too. I don’t use the landline for calls or the mobile sim.
    We are a three bedroom household, two adults, two kids (and the dog) and our monthly energy/broadband bill is around the £120 mark. If you use the UW cash back card which is accepted in many places you can reduce your monthly bill by a few quid.
    I’m happy enough with them for now.

We found them to be misleading and unhelpful. They always give a low quote to entice you in, when you get to the end of the year or want to leave there is usually a decent size bill from them.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Seems like a pyramid scheme to me, I’m heartily sick of the guy who keeps badgering me to ‘join up’. Sorry, bit grumpy today.

Just switched to First Utility from BG for gas and electric and went smoothly and their CS seems to be pretty good so far.
    Cheers..
    Jase

With First Utility for Gas & Electric for about 8 years now, always come in at about the best or equal for dual fuel fixed bill deals, have moved from fixed priced deal to fixed price deal. Efficient at collecting DD on same day every month (a skill others could do well to acquire). Monthly meter readings done by app and consumption updated instantly too. Proactive at ensuring DD matches consumption to avoid year-end surplus/deficit situation

All in all, very good for a company that, to be fair, does very little fro their money.