closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PCH vs PCP at end of contract

PCH vs PCP at end of contract

Hi

I currently have a Skoda Yeti on PCH about to end next month, it was a very good deal for 2 years and the 1.2 DSG is a great little car by the way. For me PCH was straight forward enough, deposit + 23 payments then give it back. End of. I have found a very good deal on a top of the range Outlander PHEV but its a 1 year PCP, deposit + 12 payments + optional balloon at the end. Question is, at the end of the term do I just hand it back if I don't wish to buy it? The broker has confirmed this is the case plus a collection fee for the car. Just want to double check that I am not missing something particular to a PCP and find a surprise at the end of the term.

Yes, have ended a PCP recently. They just collect, do an inspection and charge for any minor damage, same as a PCH/lease. We had a couple of minor scuffs and a wheeltrim after 3 years, no biggy.

If you want to buy, then you can do the balloon, you’ll probably have been hassled by supplying dealer offering a trade in on favourable terms to start up a new 3 year PCP at some point also

Master
    Yes I’ve had a few PCP in the pas and jus handed it back.

My one is now on PCH and it’s always* been the case that for some reason you can’t actually try and buy it at the end - it goes to auction apparently. However I spoke to my garage and he thought that it now might be possible to ge a price to buy so have you considered that with yours?

* always been the case on people I know who have had pch. Not sure if that’s applicable on all pch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yes I’ve had a few PCP in the pas and jus handed it back.

My one is now on PCH and it’s always* been the case that for some reason you can’t actually try and buy it at the end - it goes to auction apparently. However I spoke to my garage and he thought that it now might be possible to ge a price to buy so have you considered that with yours?

* always been the case on people I know who have had pch. Not sure if that’s applicable on all pch though.

Thanks each, thought so. With my current deal I had the option to extend the lease with VWFS for another year, but the payments were 2.5 times more than I'm paying now! Or I could purchase it from BCA who gave me a price which was not much different from a dealer. As much as I enjoyed the Yeti it has served its purpose and it will be going back next month.

I too had a yeti up until a couple of months back on a PCH. As it neared the end VWFS gave me a price for the car and I bought it as it was below dealer etc. In fact I bought it at trade price as according to vwfs they’d rather not pick it up and submit to auction etc. I just recently sold it for what I paid for....my advice is call up and ask for a price

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I too had a yeti up until a couple of months back on a PCH. As it neared the end VWFS gave me a price for the car and I bought it as it was below dealer etc. In fact I bought it at trade price as according to vwfs they’d rather not pick it up and submit to auction etc. I just recently sold it for what I paid for....my advice is call up and ask for a price
    I asked for a price back in Feb and it was £14850, just got a new quote and its gone up to £15100!! Which is main dealer forecourt price.