closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: UFH Electric?

Master

UFH Electric?

I brought this subject up almost a year ago, and it's time to get serious about sorting it out.
    This year we will be totally re-doing, ( is that a word ), our lounge, ripping up the wooden floor, ( concrete floor with wood glued on top ), laying plank style tiles with electric under floor heating.
    Questions I have are, is it better to go for a better insulation board and buy a mid range electric mat, or the other way around, buy a good electric mat and a mid range insulation board.
    What system have people on here gone for, and what were the results, cost/comfort/heat etc etc, I might add that we are talking approx 18 sq mtrs area.
    I'm sure there's lots more to consider before deciding, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

You need the best grade of insulation board on top of the concrete - otherwise you will be heating the concrete as well.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You need the best grade of insulation board on top of the concrete - otherwise you will be heating the concrete as well.
    Agree, we had it fitted in a new orangery last year, as it was a new build was easy to go for very
    thick insulation and after some playing around with air or Floor temperature settings on the thermostat it’s now working very well.
    As it is being fitted on an existing floor I would got for the best insulation you can get within
    the available depth.