closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Shapes

Master

Watch Shapes

After going through all the Baselworld threads, it seems that the conventional round watch represents about 90% of what is being released.

We all seem a tad conservative in our tastes. I have 8 watches and all are circular.

Does anyone have a hankering for other shapes such as square or oval ?

I do - a Reverso. I've wanted one since I first laid eyes on them, but haven't got round to it yet. Still on ze list though.

Reverso as well, and I quite fancy the look of one of the Hamilton Elvis watches but expect it would look a bit odd ITRW.
    J

Journeyman
    I certainly used to be of the opinion that round was really the only watch shape for me. However, in the last few years, I seem to have mellowed and would now consider other shapes. The Reverso was probably the first non round watch to give me pause, and I would now add the Cartier Tank as a very acceptable dress watch. The one I would really be tempted by though, is the Longines Evidenza. Unfortunately, Longines do not currently make a model without features that put me off. A no date, central seconds, would have me very interested indeed.

Oh yes. I am currently on my second Reverso, love my Nautilus, have also had an Ellipse and GO seventies and could see Cartier Tank or Drive fitting nicely.
    As Huey Lewis said, "its hip to be something other than round"

I like square case shaped but It's also great to see proper 'square' movements in a watch as well- JLC, Lange, Patek do it but not many others

I like the shape of a traditional Reverso (not the Squadra).

Master
    been on a quest for a rectangular watch to suit my 8" wrist for a while,bought this Dunhill and i have really fallen in love with it...
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 23rd March 2018 at 09:17. Reason: sspelin

Now the 5712 is gone, all of my watches are basically round. The nearest to not round is this

I would like a TV dial Speedy though.
    Last edited by andy tims; 23rd March 2018 at 15:01.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I've always lusted after a Monaco but never got around to actually getting one. Maybe this year....

Master
    Fairly sure I own, circles, squares, octagons, triangles, rectangles, and every other shape that a watch has ever been made in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    I've always lusted after a Monaco but never got around to actually getting one. Maybe this year....
    Do it! It's horses for courses, as always, but it's the only TH that's ever held any interest for me and i love it to bits - got it on a bracelet but swiftly moved it on to an after-market rallye strap and it looks the berries.

Otherwise, I've always had a thing for cushion case watches and own a couple (still round, technically, I guess). I did briefly own the Hamilton Ventura watch but it was a skeleton version and i just couldn't get on with it, so that came and went quite quickly. A small selection (apologies - pic heavy!) below:

SGR

Master

Watch Shapes

I fancy a tank Louis gold with brown croc strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have a hankering for square watches, have a Monaco, an Orient, a Kenneth Cole and Rado at moment. Cant decide on a Reverso but looking at all options so this thread will turn up some for sure.
    The girlfriend has a lovely 1940s oblong Elgin, just too small for me.