closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baselworld - an alternate viewpoint

Baselworld - an alternate viewpoint

https://danhenrywatches.com/blogs/jo...eid=f51da50b66

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to read about the reality of Baselworld. All sounds quite depressing really

Master
    Made some nice reading. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    When I finished work in 2010 I considered going, I know the area reasonably well, I’ve worked at a site approx 30 miles away on a good rail link and I know a great place to stay. For one reason or another it never happened, I guess I never got around to doing it.

Nowadays, I wouldn’t be paid to go, I really wouldn’t like it. Current watch models continue to move further away from my ideals, apart from mild curiosity they don’t capture my interest anymore.

I may have a trip over there again at some point.....but definitely not when the watch fair is on!

Paul

Blog Entries
    I went last year. Description is quite accurate, it’s fun but I wouldn’t go every year. I reckon 1 day is enough and a Rianair day return gets you there by 8am and by 6pm its enough. We went out for lunch by the river which was lovely.

The only places to try on watches are in the boutiques in town.

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Interesting to read about the reality of Baselworld. All sounds quite depressing really
    It does indeed.
    I suppose that's exactly what a lot of events like that must be, so much in appealing to the big spenders that they forget those customers who may actually like to buy, but can't jump through all the hoops.
    It'll be an interesting place when interest rates climb, as the whole market for waiting lists will disappear quickly. The GMT Master thread leaves me totally cold.