closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC March 2018

Journeyman

SOTC March 2018

I've been a member here for a little while but never really introduced myself or my small collection.

1. Smith's Everest

A recent pickup (wearing this one today)

2. Christopher Ward C9 Slimline Square

Purchased to see if I liked the look of a square watch on my wrist. Worn occasionally.

3. Precista PRS-20

I remember going back and forth whether to get this or the Speedbird when purchasing. Now I wish I had gone for both. Slim enough to wear during the week and sporty enough for the weekend. Very versatile.

4. Panera PAM111

I do like the sandwich dial (and lume) on this but rarely wear it. It's a weekend watch due to its size and I usually prefer the Seiko below.

5. Omega Seamaster GMT

My holiday watch. Purchased used and not serviced yet so it doesn't go into the sea or swimming pools.

6. Garmin GPS

It's a watch and a GPS.

7. Omega Constellation 1962

This was purchased about 15 years ago quite cheaply. I've never had it serviced but it keeps excellent time when I wear it (weddings, birthdays, christenings, bat mitzvahs etc)

8. Smith's Deluxe

My grandfather's retirement watch from British Railways in the 1970s. Had this cleaned up and serviced recently. A little on the small side by modern standards, I wear it on similar occasions as the Constellation.

9. Nomos Orion 38 Weiss

Another one in regular rotation. What's slightly odd is that it sometimes looks large on the wrist and other times small depending on the angle of viewing.

10. Omega Speedmaster Automatic

This used to be in regular rotation but I now find the dial too busy for my eyes.

11. Helson Skin Diver

Not my favourite cup of tea these days, although it was the first watch I bought with a mesh bracelet.

12. Seiko SBBN015

Tried this on the stock bracelet and many different nato straps before settling on this Staib mesh. Very comfortable and usually my go-to weekend watch.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I enjoy all SOTCs and this is no exception- well done on curating a nice group of watches and long may it continue. Look forward to hearing more as your journey continues

Very nice SOTC you have there sir, I have been a long time fan of the PRS20 but I do like the CW Slimline Square, not seen one of those before, looks stylish & understated.

Lovely collection there. Would love to see some more pictures some watches of interest for me there!

Also the mesh you mention. What are they like? Easily available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    A nice but of variety there. Thanks for sharing.

Journeyman
    Lovely collection. It's fascinating seeing just how different our collections are. There are always one or more watches that you think "oooh I'd love one of those!".