closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay 36 Blue Dial

Journeyman

Tudor Black Bay 36 Blue Dial

Just been looking on the Tudor website at the Black Bay 36 Blue Dial. Looks so much nicer than my Black dial version. Soon be time for a trade in I think.

Now an email from Omega showing the new Seamaster 300M, the wave dial is back.
    Last edited by PhilipJI; 21st March 2018 at 17:39.

Personally disagree. I tried on the BB36 and 41 at an AD today funnily enough. I've kept on swaying between the 41 being too big and the 36 being too small. Last time I tried on the 36 I had to remove my pretty hefty G-Shock to do so, which made it seem tiny. Today I was wearing my SARB033 and the BB36 seemed a perfect size when I put it on, compared to the 41 which suddenly seemed huge! So I've settled on the 36, finally.

But I digress. I think for the divers bezel versions the coloured dials look great, but for this version that has a cleaner aesthetic (more of a clean, symmetrical tool watch in the Explorer vein in my opinion) a no nonsense, monochrome look is much more suited - I'm not a fan of the blue at all. I was really hoping they'd downsize the BB41 to a 38 or 39, but hey ho.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Personally disagree. I tried on the BB36 and 41 at an AD today funnily enough. I've kept on swaying between the 41 being too big and the 36 being too small. Last time I tried on the 36 I had to remove my pretty hefty G-Shock to do so, which made it seem tiny. Today I was wearing my SARB033 and the BB36 seemed a perfect size when I put it on, compared to the 41 which suddenly seemed huge! So I've settled on the 36, finally.

But I digress. I think for the divers bezel versions the coloured dials look great, but for this version that has a cleaner aesthetic (more of a clean, symmetrical tool watch in the Explorer vein in my opinion) a no nonsense, monochrome look is much more suited - I'm not a fan of the blue at all. I was really hoping they'd downsize the BB41 to a 38 or 39, but hey ho.
    The BB 36 is just the right size for me. I agree with you that a clean looking watch, but where we differ is that I love Blue dials on watches.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipJI View Post
    The BB 36 is just the right size for me. I agree with you that a clean looking watch, but where we differ is that I love Blue dials on watches.
    Different strokes for different folks mate 👍

What wrist are you? I'm about 6.5" which s why, as much as I tried to convince myself otherwise, the BB41 is just too big. Now I've tried the 36 on properly I can't wait to get it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks mate 

What wrist are you? I'm about 6.5" which s why, as much as I tried to convince myself otherwise, the BB41 is just too big. Now I've tried the 36 on properly I can't wait to get it.
    Slightly smaller than yours. That what makes a 36mm perfect for me.

When I got mine I had it put on the NATO strap that came with it, but never liked it. So I got a Hirsch Camelgrain strap, to me that transformed the watch.

To me the nicest thing about the BB 36 is the case, it looks amazing.

I like the size of the 36 but both the bracelet and leather strap options were right on the limit length wise when I tried them on which is a shame.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    I like the size of the 36 but both the bracelet and leather strap options were right on the limit length wise when I tried them on which is a shame.
    You could always go for an aftermarket strap like I did. My bracelet is unused which will help if and when I sell.

You could always go for an aftermarket strap like I did. My bracelet is unused which will help if and when I sell.
    Yep, could have done but I liked the thought of it on a bracelet as an option to dress it up a bit. The money went elsewhere in the end...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Yep, could have done but I liked the thought of it on a bracelet as an option to dress it up a bit. The money went elsewhere in the end...
    You have to buy whats right for you, so can understand you getting something else.

It will be interesting to see the blue dial in person. Theoretically it sounds like a good idea, but the combination of the small size and coloured dial could tip it into being too effeminate

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonConnell View Post
    It will be interesting to see the blue dial in person. Theoretically it sounds like a good idea, but the combination of the small size and coloured dial could tip it into being too effeminate
    I'm looking forward to seeing one too.

If you have big wrists I think Black or Blue might look effeminate with it being a 36mm watch. But if you have small wrists I think it would look fine in Blue.

Just had a look at the Tudor website, pretty sure that the blue is only for the new 32mm case in the woman's range.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Just had a look at the Tudor website, pretty sure that the blue is only for the new 32mm case in the woman's range.
    It's on there as a 36mm too

Journeyman
    Hope you found it. Available with a bracelet, two strap colours and a fabric strap, also 41mm size.

Ah yes, found it! At work and using my mobile for the 'net...

Looks great, actually. I bought the BB36 black dial this January, the blue runs it close however I don't think I'll be swapping my current watch for it.

Journeyman
    Ah yes, found it! At work and using my mobile for the 'net...

Looks great, actually. I bought the BB36 black dial this January, the blue runs it close however I don't think I'll be swapping my current watch for it.
    You got yours around the same time as I got mine. I like Blue dials so I know I'll want want, So I think my Black dial one might have to go.

The black crown tube ruins this for me 100%. Even in 36mm it still felt slab sided (to me)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    The black crown tube ruins this for me 100%. Even in 36mm it still felt slab sided (to me)

It's thing that i never really notice when I'm wearing mine. But I do understand that some won't like that.

It's thing that i never really notice when I'm wearing mine. But I do understand that some won't like that.
    Sorry, I should say black tube with a blue dial, more acceptable if they match. I do prefer the BB with no colour on the crown tube that have been announced this week saying all that.