closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chopard Time Traveller One

Master

Chopard Time Traveller One

I've been admiring the Chopard Time Traveller One for ages now, but haven't seen a preowned one anywhere. The other day, I took a potter to Selfridges, where I saw the platinum version (swoon), and then to the Chopard Boutique where I saw what is actually my favorite, the stainless steel version - the orange hands and accents are a funky addition to a fairly serious looking watch. This was enough to put me in buying mode. The boutique won't budge on price, but Watches Of Mayfair offer a healthy 25% discount. After a few calls to Anton, I hopped on the tube to the very lovely Shepherd's Market and I'm now the lucky owner of my first Chopard!

I'm super impressed. The workmanship seems, to my naive eyes, outstanding. The 24 hour ring rotates counter clockwise during the day, so the current time (in 24 hour format) is at 12:00 on the dial. The cities ring then gives the local time in that city. As a traveller's watch, it's a bit more faff than, for example, a GMT. The crown at 4:00 turns the city ring with a hefty mechanical thump.

Chopard have chosen a eccentric vintage font that is reminiscent of old maps. There are subtle differences in dial finishing across the concentric rings, and I really like the color choices for the 24 hour ring. The platinum version, not that I could ever afford it, doesn't have that contrast.

Anyway, I'll pop up a photo or two from the app in reply. If you're considering buying new, it's worth talking to Watches Of Mayfair, their service was exemplary!

Master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Congrats on getting your first Chopard L.U.C. and a good deal on the price too.
    I have to say though, of all the L.U.C.s, this is the one that grabs me the least, not that the Patek WTs are any different.
    I suspect it’s probably because I have no real need for one, and just find them far too harsh on the eyes – thereby putting me off spending time gazing at it and soaking in any nuances to be discovered.
    Last edited by PJ S; 21st March 2018 at 18:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    I suspect it’s probably because I have no real need for one, and just find them far too harsh on the eyes – thereby putting me off spending time gazing at it and soaking in any nuances to be discovered.
    Yep - there's a lot going on! I work with a team in California and I'm out there every few months, so I can kinda-sorta say I have a need. I'm pretty good at adding and subtracting 8 hours from the current time, but I love the idea of a world timer. The city rings on other world timers now look a little sparse to me - I like the dense text on the LUC.

simon

Lovely watch, congrats. I like world timers and this one is classy.
    I especially like the integration of the the date function, subtle and in keeping with the rest of the dial.

Craftsman
    If I had a watch like that my bucket list would be to visit all the locations listed on the watch.

I really like it, but after the disgusting attitude of Chopard, and their seemingly non-existent (but stated 2 year) warranty on new jewellery and crazy repair quote - I doubt I'll ever give them any more of my money again.

But... Lovely looking watch all the same.

Journeyman
    Long admired some of the Chopard models and that example really is nice. Congratulations on your purchase.

Useful too is the nod to Watches of Mayfair who where on my list of possible places to make my next purchase. Always good to hear real feedback.

Prefer the GP WW Chrono TBH.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Well I love it - I've eyed this before and it works for me. Busy yes, but it makes sense. And the LUC quality is fantastic too. Congrats and enjoy!

Lovely....congratulations for the new arrival...nice to see something different...well done indeed!!!

Really beautiful watch... I love the amber colour of the local time. Does it have a transparent case-back?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Does it have a transparent case-back?
    Sure does...

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post

Sure does...
    Very well finished it looks too. Enjoy

Master
    Very nice, I’d buy that used.

Blog Entries
    That’s a great version. I am enjoying the Breitling Unitime WT

Very nice Simon. I love busy dials and the Chopard brand. It looks rather well put together and the movement is a cracker too.

Journeyman
    That Breitling sure does look the business too

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    That’s a great version. I am enjoying the Breitling Unitime WT
    There's a new Breitling WT that looks quite interesting: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/br...me-43-hands-on