closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Totally unexpected! I spotted a bunch of VW T1's today *PICS!!*

Blog Entries

Totally unexpected! I spotted a bunch of VW T1's today *PICS!!*

Just after lunch, I went to a local upholsterer for advice. I want to change the interior of my Porsche (retro-fitting a plaid-motive on the seats). This local upholsterer is known for his love for old VW's. I didn't expect to see 3 (THREE) T1's, including one with 'Porsche' on the doors.

I think it's not only the looks of the car but the total ambience of the cars, the fabrics, the sewing machines and -not pictured- the young & enthusiast couple (man and woman) that run the place! They didn't have the fabric I am after, but man, despite that, I left that place in a good mood! Great cars, great young & very friendly people with love for classics!

Menno

Last edited by thieuster; 21st March 2018 at 15:11.

We use these fellas for some of our Porsche trim jobs. http://www.southboundtrimmers.com . They may be able to assist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    We use these fellas for some of our Porsche trim jobs. http://www.southboundtrimmers.com . They may be able to assist.
    Thanks for that! The friendly upholsterers showed me exactly the same catalogue and their vintage Westfalia stock. This is what I'm looking for:

I know I can get it in the USA but I want to buy it closer at home. My car is silver (#11) and the orange accents will look fantastic

There's a builder local to me who uses a 1964 T1 single cab pickup, as far as I can tell he's a sole trader and this is his only vehicle. Good for him keeping it on the road, it's pretty much spotless.

Cheers,

Plug

Master
    Err, these are all T2s, not T1s. The T1 is the Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rumpus View Post
    Don't think so. The beetle is simply known as the VW saloon.

Blog Entries
    The official VW Commercial Vehicle website in Dutch calls it the T1. That's my source and reference

Try Wiki for an explanation.

Correct.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    So, the pre 1967 models were the T1 and the post 1967 models were T2? But this may have been retconned by Volkswagen in the 1990’s?

A good friend of mine loved his T5 for his windsurfing kit and my brother has recently bought a T5 converted into a camper van.

Dave

Journeyman
    you learn something new every day. i always thought the beetle was the type1. and the transporter was type 2. maybe the beetle was type 1 and the van was "transporter type 1". i owned a beetle and and a bay window, and im totally confused!

Craftsman
    I was in Essen for techno classica last weekend and some of these were being sold for 115k+