closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The remains of 2 WWII US ships found by Paul Allen's team

Blog Entries

The remains of 2 WWII US ships found by Paul Allen's team

After all these horrible stories about stealing the steal of Dutch and British war graves in the Java Sea, here's -luckily- better news:

Microsoft's co-founder Paul Allen uses his money and time to explore the oceans. On March 4, his team found the aircraft carrier USS Lexington and yesterday, the team discovered the USS Juneau.

More info all over the internet, but form Allen's own website here:

https://www.paulallen.com/uss-juneau...ivan-brothers/

Wow talk about a great find! Good job Mr. Allen! I wish that others were as interested in archaeology rather than just finding treasure and getting rich quick.

Great post thanks for that, I wrecked dived for a few years and loved it. This is amazing stuff. I new of the Sullivan's but did not link them with the Juneau There was a programme on the sinking of HMS Audacious last night, fascinating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Great post thanks for that, I wrecked dived for a few years and loved it. This is amazing stuff. I new of the Sullivan's but did not link them with the Juneau There was a programme on the sinking of HMS Audacious last night, fascinating.
    Was there? I’ve dived the Audacious a number of times, would you mind letting me know what channel and I’ll try to find it.

Mrs Berin was on the exped that dived the Prince of Wales and the Repulse in the South China Sea, which led to the later exped that recovered the bell. At that time there was a moratorium on British divers only from lifting anything from the wreck, but it was fair game for divers of any other nationality. They found the bell, and RN quickly sponsored another exped to recover it.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I know a few guys that work on the ship, in fact I was up for a position on there but unfortunately it didn't work out. It sounds a really cool gig, my mate has just joined in the Solomon islands, they go to some really interesting places. If you're interested search RV Petrel on facebook as they have their own page.

Was this the original or one of Pete M’s trips?

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Was there? I’ve dived the Audacious a number of times, would you mind letting me know what channel and I’ll try to find it.

Mrs Berin was on the exped that dived the Prince of Wales and the Repulse in the South China Sea, which led to the later exped that recovered the bell. At that time there was a moratorium on British divers only from lifting anything from the wreck, but it was fair game for divers of any other nationality. They found the bell, and RN quickly sponsored another exped to recover it.

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Was this the original or one of Pete M’s trips?
    mrs Berin’s trip? Don’t know as I wasn’t on it, and she’s in Nashville currently, but I think it was with Steve Brown, I’ll ask. Were you on one of the trips?

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post

It was a National Geographic film could have been Bravo or History Channel can't be sure as I stumbled upon it. Its fantastic if you can find it.

Here you go!

http://msptv.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/...-a-battleship/
    Last edited by wildheart; 22nd March 2018 at 10:43.