closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So who has already called an AD to go on Ze List for a Pepsi GMT?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    I was one of them sadly, was second in the queue though lol. I went in yesterday and they told me to come back in the morning as not accepting any people on the list till tomorrow morning and they also have a new process of going on waiting lists. We shall see, certainly a lot of excited people queuing
    Clearly an absolute dream launch for Rolex. In some ways it’s an exaggeration of the hype around new Apple phones when they launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Jubilee kills it for me.
    Agreed, so won’t be joining the madness

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    I feel the new GMT will be a flash in pan watch, GMT’s don’t do well except vintage, possibly a bit like the SD 50 just over list at the moment but still falling, AD’s bought some at higher prices than that they are now selling for, 20 on EBay and over a hundred on chrono24.

What Rolex need to do is except that they will never be special or select and stop purposely withholding supply, they act more like drug dealers than a respected watch manufacturer.

Yes prices are falling
    I personally haven't seen a SD50 under 9.5k, still a nice profit if purchased at 8.3k
    BLNR still over retail and in high demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    If anyone wants to add my name to their AD’s waiting lists then please do, or pm me, as I’m happy to sit and wait for this one :)

If this technique works for you I will eat my hat.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Agreed, so won’t be joining the madness

D

how many of the people "top" of the list will actually keep the watch and not flip it for a profit, the issue is the AD will sell to their best customers and I bet most of them and just buying and flipping.

+1, it does look bit kitsch with jubilee, does not suit the wide squared lugs

jubilee looks better on Datejust that are 36mm or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Jubilee kills it for me.

Master

So who has already called an AD to go on Ze List for a Pepsi GMT?

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    The BLNR seems to have remained desirable.
    Agreed, but still plenty for sale over list which are hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Yes prices are falling
    I personally haven't seen a SD50 under 9.5k, still a nice profit if purchased at 8.3k
    BLNR still over retail and in high demand.
    Again Agreed but with both the BLNR and the SD50 haggling with a private sale will get you more off sub 9.5K dealers on the other hand have to hold out for the greatly inflated prices.

A quick search throws up over a hundred available.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    how many of the people "top" of the list will actually keep the watch and not flip it for a profit, the issue is the AD will sell to their best customers and I bet most of them and just buying and flipping.
    That’s how you become a good customer + a quick bung to the salesperson.

It's a risk free gamble... put your name on the list, no deposit (generally), if you can sell basically that day to Watchfinder etc at a profit, you buy the watch otherwise you pass on it.

Everyone is out just to make an extra grand or so for minimal effort and no risk.

Do it a couple of times in a year and you've suddenly paid for a nice holiday.

I've put my name down on the list as my 40th is a few years away and I'm realistic about timing! The wifes is first though, so I'm going to have to pull something out the bag for her if I want a £7k watch.

Craftsman

WF, Blowers list opened

Put my name down on the list at Watch Club, Blowers and WF. this morning for the Pepsi.

That way i can be sure to get one from the first batch that arrive into the UK and every other batch after that, with only a small mark up over RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    If this technique works for you I will eat my hat.
    I hope you like the taste of hats ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Put my name down on the list at Watch Club, Blowers and WF. this morning for the Pepsi.

That way i can be sure to get one from the first batch that arrive into the UK and every other batch after that, with only a small mark up over RRP.
    You think?

The first 'batch' with those dealers will be north of 10k! 11k or 12k wouldn't surprise me. This will be the most sought after watch in years because at 6.8k the price point is fairly reasonable if you consider that many like the Daytona, sea dweller and deep sea's are in the 8k to 10k bracket. So demand will be extremely high and supply will be low.

Blog Entries
    BLNR price drop anyone?

Like the jubilee so put my name down for this one. Looks like a really nice watch and with the 70hr movement as well.

Master
    It’s funny, since seeing all these Pepsi pictures the ‘batman’ actually looks a lot more attractive suddenly. I really don’t like the bezel in this new offering, ceramic (apart from never ageing) doesn’t look to take a blue colour very well. It looks red and purple to me in the real pics. Rolex have adjusted the colour on the renderings as it looks blue, but the real pics I’ve seen on IG show it very purple.

Master
    Not a thread I expected to post in, but I cannot resist sharing the fact that one main agent told his staff to count the number of people who called to try to order the new GMT.

They are up to 96 as I write.

H

Craftsman
    Spoke to my local Rolex AD this morning (not about Rolex I hasten to add).

He has had about sixty phone calls already about the Pepsi GMT.

World has gone completely mad

I called my local AD, they said I had to go into the store and fill out a form, so I did, basically they wanted to know what Rolexes I had bought, when and where.

Then the nonsense started, I asked how the process will work, he told me that the forms will all go to the store manager and he will compile the list and allocate the watches, I said so basically your saying the watches are going to go to all his mates, the sales guy just said "I cant comment"

Oh well, we'll see.

All I can say is that with their policies Rolex are encouraging the Grey market not stopping it
    Last edited by adrianw; 22nd March 2018 at 14:09.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I went on the list for it last year as I was speculating. Confirmed with AD yesterday, should have one of the early releases.
    They did say that they'd be withholding warranty card for 6 mo but I'm not bothered by that.
    I quite like it on the jubilee.

Master
    How does the situation compare to 2016 when the ceramic Daytona was announced? Did those that got on the 'list' were actually able to get one within 12-18 months?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokel View Post
    Spoke to my local Rolex AD this morning (not about Rolex I hasten to add).

He has had about sixty phone calls already about the Pepsi GMT.

World has gone completely mad
    Probably 58 want to flip it for a new bathroom!

Craftsman

In cheek

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    You think?

The first 'batch' with those dealers will be north of 10k! 11k or 12k wouldn't surprise me. This will be the most sought after watch in years because at 6.8k the price point is fairly reasonable if you consider that many like the Daytona, sea dweller and deep sea's are in the 8k to 10k bracket. So demand will be extremely high and supply will be low.
    You are completely right on what those dealers will be charging and my post was a slight tongue in cheek perspective of the reality of getting one of these Pepsi models in not just the forseable future but for probably the next couple of years as the flippers and those dealers take their slice of the opportunistic profit pie.

Saddens me that so many of these Pepsi models will be flipped and then subsequently outrageously marked up by dealers, as many buyers will sit for years on probably non existent lists for a dream icon watch to actually wear and enjoy.

Craftsman

Early

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I went on the list for it last year as I was speculating. Confirmed with AD yesterday, should have one of the early releases.
    They did say that they'd be withholding warranty card for 6 mo but I'm not bothered by that.

I was the same from my AD, will definitely be getting one if not the first of the early ones from the 2025 batch.

Sorry, I'm sure this was just a poor choice of words but the idea of "quite liking" a watch you're going to drop a near £7k on tickles me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Not a thread I expected to post in, but I cannot resist sharing the fact that one main agent told his staff to count the number of people who called to try to order the new GMT.

They are up to 96 as I write.

H
    If it’s an AD in Chester I’m probably one of them 😂

Blog Entries
    Perhaps the OP should have asked how many people are on multiple lists with AD's to see if they can hoover up some profit?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Sorry, I'm sure this was just a poor choice of words but the idea of "quite liking" a watch you're going to drop a near £7k on tickles me. :)
    Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    a watch you're going to drop a near £7k on
    Easily picked back up

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    It’s funny, since seeing all these Pepsi pictures the ‘batman’ actually looks a lot more attractive suddenly. I really don’t like the bezel in this new offering, ceramic (apart from never ageing) doesn’t look to take a blue colour very well. It looks red and purple to me in the real pics. Rolex have adjusted the colour on the renderings as it looks blue, but the real pics I’ve seen on IG show it very purple.
    I saw a vid yesterday that if you shine UV torch on it looks completely red.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ro...teel-new-video

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    If it’s an AD in Chester I’m probably one of them 
    # 95 I think !

No.....this one is not even in the North West, as it happens.

I am totes jel but made up for you :-)

My contact opened the phone lines at 11.00am yesterday, by 11.15 it was full :(.

I rang today :(.

My AD stated no waiting lists as such now, just taking expressions of interest.

Ah well, that rules me out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobafett View Post
    My AD stated no waiting lists as such now, just taking expressions of interest.

Ah well, that rules me out then.
    What's the difference?

Looking at the photos and the Hodinkee video, it would appear that the rumours about an Oyster bracelet not fitting are correct. It looks as if they have set the spring bar sockets and designed the Jubilee bracelet to make it difficult/impossible to fit an Oyster bracelet.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What's the difference?
    It means that they won't tell you where you are in the list, but they will allocate at their discretion. So I guess as others have said - to all their mates first. Unless you're known to a dealer, I'd assume you're not going to get one.

Not that this will bother Rolex, they've got enough demand to not need to worry about attracting new customers and it is self perpetuating - the more people that want something they can't get the more popular it will become.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Not seen that but did notice one shot on a vid where part of the bezel appears to see through to the red.

I’ve nothing against purple as such I just don’t think the ceramic lends itself well to a true blue. But then saying that the blue on the blnr looks good, but don’t rolex make the ‘pepsi’ bezel all red first then try to make half blue? Going to end up purple I guess.

Here’s some stills I just grabbed from a video

And here’s the pic where it almost looks like the blue is see through (bottom of pic)

When you compare to the blue that is achievable without laying over red.

I've just called my 2 local AD's (Yorkshire) who I have bought a good few watches and jewellery from in the past few year. I was told no go by both of them for the new GMT. I was also told it was unlikely that I'd be getting my SD50 anytime soon despite being on the list from a year ago today.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What's the difference?
    From what I gathered after speaking to AD, expression of interest is the "long list". They will then decide who to put on the "real list" based on purchase history (and no doubt not just the number of purchases but also the value). Also, that short list will NOT be ordered based on when the customer contacted them.

My contact there will be back from holiday tomorrow so I may find out more. At this point I also have pretty much ruled myself out. I have only bought 2 from them in 2 years and both were steel watches of relatively low value. If it happens, great. If not, life goes on.

Master
    I don't have an AD, since I buy watches intermittently, and mostly at Heathrow since that's only place I'm forced to go where there are shops. Nevertheless, I really fancy either the new Rolex Pepsi, or the Tudor GMT as a fall back, so I popped into Goldsmiths in Reading.

Nice chap told me I can't even go on a list for the Rolex, as I haven't bought from that store, but I can "go on a list" for the Tudor. A list! For a Tudor! For the Rolex, to go on the list you have to have bought a watch there and go in in person.

He also said instructions from head office are to hang onto papers for a year. To be fair, he though it was all a bit out of hand, mentioned my 16710 and said "you clearly hang on to them". Which is true, although I did only buy 16710 last summer, but I've had my Explorer II for best part of 20 years, SD4000 for 2 years, etc etc.

He said that Goldsmiths are being a bit OTT since the first blue faced sky dweller on the grey market had been sold by Goldsmiths, and he's never even seen one. He did say they get an SD50 in every 2-3 months though.

Now, do Watches of Switzerland at T5 count as an AD? Watches of Switzerland are apparently owned by the same group as Goldsmiths, and therefore same rules apply - ie if I go in in person I should be able to go on the list. Does that sound right?

And what's the chance of getting a Tudor during my lifetime?
    Last edited by berin; 22nd March 2018 at 16:58.

Craftsman
    I remember saying to myself a while back when I got the BLNR, that the only thing I would ever move it on for is a Pepsi if it was ever released in SS instead of WG, something I never thought would happen.
    Now it doesn’t matter that it does exists I still won’t get my hands on one with all this circus show surrounding it.
    All irrelevant though, I would rather have the BLNR on Oyster than the Pepsi supposedly stuck on jubilee, a great shame.
    Last edited by trainspanner; 22nd March 2018 at 17:10.

Master
    I was going to ask to go on a list; it's a gorgeous looking watch. But then I remembered that I don't like GMTs....or that's what I am telling myself.

Journeyman
    Disgusting.

Not really keen on the watch, but even if I were I don't think I could get involved in this.

Even those of you who advocate for a strategy of exclusivity must recognize that this has now gone way too far in the UK market.

Master
    I’m waiting for the ‘I was walking through Schipol and popped in Gassan and said have you got any SS Rolexes? To which the sales person said ‘we’ve had a delivery this morning, there’s this one that’s got a red and blue dial’ so I bought it and it worked out at £5843.17p’ thread in a couple of months!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisi View Post
    Disgusting.

Not really keen on the watch, but even if I were I don't think I could get involved in this.

Even those of you who advocate for a strategy of exclusivity must recognize that this has now gone way too far in the UK market.
    The problem is, Rolex has no incentive to change it. It means they can sell out of their product every year without fail. The demand is because of the exclusivity and the perceived ability to make a quick buck on flipping.

I would like this watch to keep and wear, however if I did get one, I would have to think very hard about whether or not to sell if the bids in the market were £11-12k. I'm in a privileged position to be able to consider spending £6.8k on a watch, I'm not however so privileged that I could ignore an overnight £5k profit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisi View Post
    Disgusting.

Remember what the late Maggie Thatcher said - you cannot buck the market.

Sellers and buyers alone create the market, it's no ones fault, it is not right and it is not wrong, it just happens.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Not seen that but did notice one shot on a vid where part of the bezel appears to see through to the red.

I’ve nothing against purple as such I just don’t think the ceramic lends itself well to a true blue. But then saying that the blue on the blnr looks good, but don’t rolex make the ‘pepsi’ bezel all red first then try to make half blue? Going to end up purple I guess.

Here’s some stills I just grabbed from a video

I think the colours you’re seeing in the video are caused by tungsten lighting and/or incorrect white balance on the camera.

I can’t imagine why Rolex would release a purple bezel on such a watch?

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I called a couple of dealers this morning and it's amazing how they get any new customers. They mostly want to sell to their loyal customers, and one said "until we've seen the watch, we won't open a list of names" etc. Every dealer gives a different reason why they won't accept a name. To buy a Rolex now, you really do seem to have to be a big player, buying lots of watches throughout the year, to be in good stead with them. I had a wonderful dealer that I couldn't have been happier with, but they lost their status. After this, I quickly found what an odd world Rolex belongs in.

It's a shame as I love the watches.
    I’m due for a Submariner (no date) in April so popped into the AD to say hi and double check we were still on and I walked out not wanting the Rolex that was already on my wrist. Thankfully the unbelievably rude guy wasn’t the one I normally deal with so you can let it slide but I bought a Rolex from them 2 years ago and it means nothing - you’re treated like **** unless you buy watches from them like they’re weekly groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    I've just called my 2 local AD's (Yorkshire) who I have bought a good few watches and jewellery from in the past few year. I was told no go by both of them for the new GMT. I was also told it was unlikely that I'd be getting my SD50 anytime soon despite being on the list from a year ago today.
    “Thank you for your custom”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I think the colours you’re seeing in the video are caused by tungsten lighting and/or incorrect white balance on the camera.

I can’t imagine why Rolex would release a purple bezel on such a watch?
    https://youtu.be/f02dctSRA3c

It's clear from this video (watch from 1:28 in) that the Blue disappears under certain lighting conditions.