closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who has already called an AD to go on Ze List for a Pepsi GMT?

Craftsman

So who has already called an AD to go on Ze List for a Pepsi GMT?

I've always wanted a Pepsi GMT but the vintage stuff is too much of a minefield for me.

I rather like the jubilee bracelet so I've attempted to register an interest with my AD.

It appears the regular DSSD has been discontinued by the Deep Blue is now a new model?

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I've always wanted a Pepsi GMT but the vintage stuff is too much of a minefield for me.

I rather like the jubilee bracelet so I've attempted to register an interest with my AD.

It appears the regular DSSD has been discontinued by the Deep Blue is now a new model?
    Any idea on RRP?

Found it - £6800
    Last edited by dougair; 21st March 2018 at 14:58.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Any idea on RRP?
    £6800; it’s on the Rolex website already.

No list in M&W apparently. Cited issues with GDPR for lists. Expect 1 or 2 a year to go to loyal customers. Same old. They did mention the Tudor which looks nice and is circa £4K cheaper.

Lists are closed to people who start sentences with 'so'.

Master
    I called a couple of dealers this morning and it's amazing how they get any new customers. They mostly want to sell to their loyal customers, and one said "until we've seen the watch, we won't open a list of names" etc. Every dealer gives a different reason why they won't accept a name. To buy a Rolex now, you really do seem to have to be a big player, buying lots of watches throughout the year, to be in good stead with them. I had a wonderful dealer that I couldn't have been happier with, but they lost their status. After this, I quickly found what an odd world Rolex belongs in.

It's a shame as I love the watches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Lists are closed to people who start sentences with 'so'.
    So now I understand why I was told they don't have a list but can register my interest!

Craftsman
    I have left my name with my usual AD and waiting to see if I get a call back to leave a deposit. Never had to leave a deposit before with them on both the previous models I purchased.

On the list at my AD and fingers crossed near the top. I will find out in a couple of weeks when they have further news about any allocations. Love the look of the watch btw. Looks amazing on the jubilee imho.

Master
    My local AD said they took 8 calls within 5 minutes of the announcement.. And somebody even showed an interest in the new rainbow Daytona! It doesn't matter what Rolex put out - there's always demand!

Banned
    I call AD to enquirer about the Tudor GMT, and was ask if I'll like to be put on the list for the Rolex as I was a "good" customer.
    Let's see

Craftsman
    I also just called another AD that I have purchased from, won’t even take my name down over the phone. I have to visit in person and they will look at my purchase history too. I live in Brussels right now so can’t visit the AD for another month.

I can see why people get frustrated when trying to become a customer, quite hostile if your new to Rolex watches.

Craftsman
    I discussed the watch when I picked up my SD43 earlier this year, when it was merely a distinct possibility. I was emailed this morning to let me know I am actually on the list but where, who knows?

The thing is, everything's a mystery-how many they will get? how many will be produced? how many are on the list?

I'm not what i would call a special customer-I've bought a GMTblnr and a SD43 in the last 6 months or so off them so we'll see. I'm not holding my breath but I suspect I'll see one within the next 12 months.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I called a couple of dealers this morning and it's amazing how they get any new customers. They mostly want to sell to their loyal customers, and one said "until we've seen the watch, we won't open a list of names" etc. Every dealer gives a different reason why they won't accept a name. To buy a Rolex now, you really do seem to have to be a big player, buying lots of watches throughout the year, to be in good stead with them. I had a wonderful dealer that I couldn't have been happier with, but they lost their status. After this, I quickly found what an odd world Rolex belongs in.

Feeling the same right now.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman

The icon returns

With the return of the icon that is the Pepsi Gmt, I wonder what this does to the Blnr but also the five digit gmt which have soared in recent years because of the lack of the the iconic steel Pepsi within the current Rolex range, until today.

Personally for myself , this blows the BLNR out of the water and would not be surprised to see a flood of Blnr hit the pre owned market as owners free up funds to get the Pepsi on wrist. Would also not be surprised if the five digits start to take a price hit on the market as this new Pepsi release becomes the modern icon similar to the 1675 gmt.

Unfortunately of course the big winners on this will be the flippers, the buyers who also seem to get the sought after watches from the AD ( best customers!)and make the nice profit along side the usual dealers who will be at this moment working out just how much they can charge for these when they start to arrive.

If you could live with only one watch I think this new Pepsi would be the one.

Master

I get what you're saying but the problem is 1 doesn't go into 100 and I bet that's not far off the numbers for certain watches. They just can't supply what's in demand.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    On the list at my AD and fingers crossed near the top. I will find out in a couple of weeks when they have further news about any allocations. Love the look of the watch btw. Looks amazing on the jubilee imho.
    I was told to expect delivery September/October, which is consistent with previous new release purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    With the return of the icon that is the Pepsi Gmt, I wonder what this does to the Blnr but also the five digit gmt which have soared in recent years because of the lack of the the iconic steel Pepsi within the current Rolex range, until today.

Personally for myself , this blows the BLNR out of the water and would not be surprised to see a flood of Blnr hit the pre owned market as owners free up funds to get the Pepsi on wrist. Would also not be surprised if the five digits start to take a price hit on the market as this new Pepsi release becomes the modern icon similar to the 1675 gmt.

Unfortunately of course the big winners on this will be the flippers, the buyers who also seem to get the sought after watches from the AD ( best customers!)and make the nice profit along side the usual dealers who will be at this moment working out just how much they can charge for these when they start to arrive.

hopefully, I prefer the BLNR and it would be nice to be able to get one without a huge waiting list or paying well over RRP (which is madness in itself)

Master
    Blog Entries

In the same boat as my AD lost status. Frustrating and kind of puts me off the brand (except would still love a 116500)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I was told to expect delivery September/October, which is consistent with previous new release purchases.
    Last 3/4 years has been May/June and would expect the same with the GMT.

by some coincidence I was at a business lunch today and on one side of the table was a Business Development Manager from WoS.

I said he should be in Basel today ...he said he was going next week.

Official line is "no lists". I then said but they never get in the window so someone gets a call.... of course they do - the established customers and ones who will buy something else as well.

the whole Rolex model seems to be based on the scarcity of popular models being used as bribes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    The sooner the better, but late summer has been my more recent experience with SD43, BLNR and SkyDs.

When the new Daytona was released and was/is so hard to get hold of, the previous steel models all increased in price (some, like the zenith Daytona, exponentially) in an ‘all ships rise’ scenario. I can imagine a similar scenario with the 5 digit gmts that offer oyster or jubilee plus the option of different colour inserts- in my very subjective opinion they are the better watch! Would like to think they’ll come down in value, but can’t see it happening personally

Craftsman
    The sooner the better, but late summer has been my more recent experience with SD43, BLNR and SkyDs.
    My recent experiences and looking at when others got their SD4K, Daytona C, SD43 were all in May/June too so think would expect a similar time frame for this GMT to be released.

Ditto.

I expect to have the mock up Pepsi GMT on my wrist at the launch events in May this year and then to get my own in late summer/early Autumn if I decide to take it. Will depend IF I find the jubilee works for me (it does look better on the actual Pepsi released today than the Coke mock ups did...) and IF an Oyster bracelet becomes an option too. Time will tell.

Yep and I'm first on the list at my local AD :)

my ad is only taking deposits from existing customers and they said demand is cray for pepsi gmt

Craftsman

2nd

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

I think you meant to write 2nd on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    and if true to your past form and track record - first to flip one too.

Journeyman
    So I can't understand how so many people have almost 7k to drop on a watch! Good for all of you!

Must work harder

Quote Originally Posted by chappardababbar View Post
    So I can't understand how so many people have almost 7k to drop on a watch! Good for all of you!

Must work harder
    A decent kidney must be worth c'£10k on the black market. Whats the problem :-)

Craftsman

Must work harder
    Yep, definitely feeling inadequate here. The Tudor GMT for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Some might flip something in its favour. I think I will ... IF I am 'accepted' on the list and IF I get one.

Craftsman

No stickers

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    and if true to your past form and track record - first to flip one too.
    Wonder how many of these flipped Pepsi will appear on the market without warranty cards and stickers!

Looking forwards already to the usual quote of how I could not bond with the watch or the jubilee was just not right for my wrist or maybe we will get some honesty, I flipped it for a huge profit!

Looking forward to seeing the live Basel shots of this Pepsi and jubilee combo,never going to see a live one in an AD.

Craftsman

Tudor pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yep, definitely feeling inadequate here. The Tudor GMT for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks like a great choice.

This is going to be crazier than the ceramic daytona..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    This is going to be crazier than the ceramic daytona..
    Definitely going to be crazy but not sure whether it will beat the daytona craze. Time will tell, I suppose.

This ceramic pepsi is really nice but from the pics, the non-ceramic version looks nicer imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just called my nearest AD, they said they don't do a numbered list as such they take names but sell to known customers first or if I was to buy a few other watches from them that would help my chances. At least they are honest about it.

Has the standard black GMT gone?

i tried to put my name down but I’m just not important enough to be considered. I couldn’t get the new Sea-Dweller last year either. It’s giving me ball ache :)

Neil

I’m on the list but don’t know what number!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Ditto.

I expect to have the mock up Pepsi GMT on my wrist at the launch events in May this year and then to get my own in late summer/early Autumn if I decide to take it. Will depend IF I find the jubilee works for me (it does look better on the actual Pepsi released today than the Coke mock ups did...) and IF an Oyster bracelet becomes an option too. Time will tell.
    Word is the oyster won’t fit and the jubilee is not easy to remove.

I called them this morning and they said I've got to wait two weeks to add my name to the list

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    SD43 was released on 1st May, so hopefully May.

Craftsman
    Mappin and Webb not willing to open a list despite me purchasing a Sub last week.

Craftsman
    Registered my intent with my local AD. Let’s see.

Master
    I’m first on the list for this highly desirable puppy:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/baselw...rbow-0001.html

Weird but they said I could be 2nd, 3rd and 4th too if I wanted

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Word is the oyster won’t fit and the jubilee is not easy to remove.
    Interesting.....source if you don't mind please?? Thanks

Journeyman

Assuming you can actually get to buy one i think it is a no brainer given the relative prices of an older used pepsi versus the new model, and the additional benefits you get in terms of guarantee/peace of mind/not being used! etc.

I went into the AD just before 12pm and asked to be put down on the list - had bought a sub date from them at Christmas, and had the bracelet adjusted again last week so not a complete stranger. Their reply was that they wouldn't take any names instore and instead i needed to go online and fill in the contact form. Not hopeful of getting one soon...

Quote Originally Posted by kermorvan666 View Post
    Assuming you can actually get to buy one i think it is a no brainer given the relative prices of an older used pepsi versus the new model, and the additional benefits you get in terms of guarantee/peace of mind/not being used! etc.

I went into the AD just before 12pm and asked to be put down on the list - had bought a sub date from them at Christmas, and had the bracelet adjusted again last week so not a complete stranger. Their reply was that they wouldn't take any names instore and instead i needed to go online and fill in the contact form. Not hopeful of getting one soon...
    I have also been informed that Charles fox want to keep all new Gmt box and cards for two or three years!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Interesting.....source if you don't mind please?? Thanks
    Probably from Rolex forums as they are saying the same there,