closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who has already called an AD to go on Ze List for a Pepsi GMT?

Craftsman
    Got added to a list at a local AD this afternoon. Was told they were not expecting to see any stock until the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I called about 15 or 20 Ad's today, a lot were not running lists, Rolex Old Bond St had a list 90 deep by 230pm and quoted me a 5 year wait. Most were saying they were only selling to repeat customers. Quote frustrating. Managed to get on 2 lists, whether or not I get a call is another matter. I'm buying to keep, not flip.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Probably from Rolex forums as they are saying the same there,
    Gotcha. But does it originate from someone that actually knows (i.e Was at Basel today!!)...or just a bit of guesswork?

Quote Originally Posted by heuerkane View Post
    I have also been informed that Charles fox want to keep all new Gmt box and cards for two or three years!!
    😂😂😂

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've been added to a list trouble is I question if these lists actually exist.

Journeyman
    I have also been informed that Charles fox want to keep all new Gmt box and cards for two or three years!!

You got more info from them than me!

I actually think i'd prefer if they hold onto the boxes / warranty, as it will be a keeper for me, and might remove some people from the list above me.....

Master

So who has already called an AD to go on Ze List for a Pepsi GMT?

The AD we have used for years has me down for one, I rang today to check and I asked off the cuff about what other measures Rolex are taking to stop flipping, they said it had been whispered about a re-tuned international warranty agreement where by the original owner has to write to Rolex in order to change/transfer the ownership + warranty to someone else, a bit like the Brietling Emergency, otherwise the warranty will be voided.
    Last edited by Volvomanuk; 21st March 2018 at 19:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Gotcha. But does it originate from someone that actually knows (i.e Was at Basel today!!)...or just a bit of guesswork?
    I've been told that if you bought a Daytona on bracelet that the leather strap then would not fit if you got one. I've not got a Daytona to test this though!

I can't see the jubilee fitting anything else if that is true.

I’m first on the list for this highly desirable puppy:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/baselw...rbow-0001.html

Weird but they said I could be 2nd, 3rd and 4th too if I wanted
    Rolex and Toys R Us swansong collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    The AD we have used for years has me down for one, I rang today to check and I asked off the cuff about what other measures Rolex are taking to stop flipping, they said it had been whispered about a re-tuned international warranty agreement where by the original owner has to write to Rolex in order to change/transfer the ownership + warranty to someone else, a bit like the Brietling Emergency, otherwise the warranty will be voided.
    What a minefield that would be.

Craftsman
    Spoke to the biggest chain in the Netherlands (Schaap & Citroen) at 12:05 and was told "Sorry Sir - to prevent disappointment there will be no pre-orders and no waiting list".....At the same time there's a 2-3 year waiting list for the BLNR.... WTF?
    Last edited by COMEX; 21st March 2018 at 20:40.

Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    I've been told that if you bought a Daytona on bracelet that the leather strap then would not fit if you got one. I've not got a Daytona to test this though!

I can't see the jubilee fitting anything else if that is true.
    The strap would fit, but the endlinks that have a second spring bar to hold in wont fit as there are two sets of holes on the lugs for Leather strap daytonas.

As to the GMT
    Apparently not taking an oyster sounds rather doubtful as the everose and bi-metal both have oyster bracelts.
    The again, It wouldnt suprise me if the spring bar placement was bespoke to stop oyster bracelt swaps, they did that on the YM40 (which annoys me, itd be amazing on an everose bracelet)

The new Pepsi is almost worth going through the slightly humiliating process of trying to secure one via the AD network. Almost. Tbh I'm kind of thinking the Tudor GMT may be a more preferable option.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    The new Pepsi is almost worth going through the slightly humiliating process of trying to secure one via the AD network. Almost. Tbh I'm kind of thinking the Tudor GMT may be a more preferable option.
    TBH, you are too late for one of those two routes.😉

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    TBH, you are too late for one of those two routes.
    I can't afford either right now anyway TBH!!!

Blog Entries
    I've approached one AD today which I have dealt with previously. I'll wait and see what happens.

I see the Seadweller DS have had a movement upgrade as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I can't afford either right now anyway TBH!!!
    Oops!👍

Master
    I think the Tudor looks great - less than half the price and none of the heartache!

Master
    Blog Entries
    So, next year will be an upgrade for the iconic sub. The movement is a bit old hat now compared to the rest of the pro range.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I called my ad just after 1pm. They'd had over 30 requests to be added to the waiting list by then. Not that there was a waiting list to be put on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I was told to expect delivery September/October, which is consistent with previous new release purchases.
    I was told the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Ditto.

I expect to have the mock up Pepsi GMT on my wrist at the launch events in May this year and then to get my own in late summer/early Autumn if I decide to take it. Will depend IF I find the jubilee works for me (it does look better on the actual Pepsi released today than the Coke mock ups did...) and IF an Oyster bracelet becomes an option too. Time will tell.
    I think you’ll hate the jubilee,but it’ll suit me

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ywl23n View Post
    Definitely going to be crazy but not sure whether it will beat the daytona craze. Time will tell, I suppose.

This ceramic pepsi is really nice but from the pics, the non-ceramic version looks nicer imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Have to admit, if I had a Daytona and insufficient funds I'd be tempted to sell for the GMT

I’m first on the list for this highly desirable puppy:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/baselw...rbow-0001.html

Weird but they said I could be 2nd, 3rd and 4th too if I wanted
    That’s funny !! Who the heck could carry that one off !!

Quite a depressing thread really. I’d like to buy one to keep as looks fantastic. However, can’t be doing with all the absurd game playing required just to buy a watch, so I’m out. Good luck though to those with more patience and a less irritable personality than me!

No list as such at my AD, but it was indicated that I will get the nod from the first batch.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted to keep the watch as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted to keep the watch as well!
    At the rate things are going, that'll be coming :-)

In the meantime, the next best thing - 'selling' a watch that most will not have a cat in hells chance of getting hold of new!

I don’t think it’s worth asking to go on a list of any AD, unless it’s one you have bought a few from in the past. I imagine that even then, the majority of watches will end up going to customers that happen to buy a PM model at the same time.

I'm no great fan of Rolex in general, but quite like the look of this. However, it looks like my chances of picking one up would be diddley-squat so I'll just have to make do with my Pepsi Seiko for now.. that's a few quid saved!

Cheers,

Plug

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I called a couple of dealers this morning and it's amazing how they get any new customers. They mostly want to sell to their loyal customers, and one said "until we've seen the watch, we won't open a list of names" etc. Every dealer gives a different reason why they won't accept a name. To buy a Rolex now, you really do seem to have to be a big player, buying lots of watches throughout the year, to be in good stead with them. I had a wonderful dealer that I couldn't have been happier with, but they lost their status. After this, I quickly found what an odd world Rolex belongs in.

It's a shame as I love the watches.
    Agree same bull, frazer Hart told me to buy some other watches I do not want to help get foot in the door? so I spent 20k / 30k on watches no interest and will still go to loyal customers!! So with what I blow on the stuff not wanted easier just to pay the premium on the Gmt master once launched Ebay Etc...

Quote Originally Posted by kermorvan666 View Post

You got more info from them than me!

I actually think i'd prefer if they hold onto the boxes / warranty, as it will be a keeper for me, and might remove some people from the list above me.....
    I'd go with that... We're clearly all on the same list / not a list / whatever it is.

I've tried on a couple of watches at Charles Fox before but always fine for something else... Might come back to bite me on the bum!

Have you not tried the AD you got your black ceramic Daytona from - you have buying history through them ?

I called a couple of dealers this morning and it's amazing how they get any new customers. They mostly want to sell to their loyal customers, and one said "until we've seen the watch, we won't open a list of names" etc. Every dealer gives a different reason why they won't accept a name. To buy a Rolex now, you really do seem to have to be a big player, buying lots of watches throughout the year, to be in good stead with them. I had a wonderful dealer that I couldn't have been happier with, but they lost their status. After this, I quickly found what an odd world Rolex belongs in.

If anyone wants to add my name to their AD’s waiting lists then please do, or pm me, as I’m happy to sit and wait for this one :)
    It's just a matter of time...

You can't buy one because you're not a big player.
    You're not a big player because you can't buy one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    Have you not tried the AD you got your black ceramic Daytona from - you have buying history through them ?
    Unfortunately, that was a massive fluke and I’m now too far away from them to be considered on their list. I’ve never found another hobby that can be so pretentious and aggravating at the same time. I keep telling myself “it’s just a watch”, but my gosh, what a crazy scenario it’s become.

This thread proves how many hoops people have to jump through now; Cique De Soleil level!

Jubilee kills it for me.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

On my AD list, but had to go in and see they, but lucky for me they are only 200 yards from where I work. Looks like I am number 4 on the list:)

Master
    Blog Entries
    The thing is with waiting lists. They are full of people who don't actually want the watch.

Look a the ST. I reckon more than half have traded hands already. It's risk free chance to make money.

So who has already called an AD to go on Ze List for a Pepsi GMT?

If rolex Basel world new release teaser image anything to go by looks like not only do you not get warranty cards straight away but it’s a self build bracelet first link by link (like a Macano set) then you finally get the watch!!! Obvious next step
    Last edited by Submariner024; 22nd March 2018 at 08:06.

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I've always wanted a Pepsi GMT but the vintage stuff is too much of a minefield for me.

I rather like the jubilee bracelet so I've attempted to register an interest with my AD.

It appears the regular DSSD has been discontinued by the Deep Blue is now a new model?
    I'm not going on the list, cos I've got,,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I feel the new GMT will be a flash in pan watch, GMT’s don’t do well except vintage, possibly a bit like the SD 50 just over list at the moment but still falling, AD’s bought some at higher prices than that they are now selling for, 20 on EBay and over a hundred on chrono24.

What Rolex need to do is except that they will never be special or select and stop purposely withholding supply, they act more like drug dealers than a respected watch manufacturer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    I feel the new GMT will be a flash in pan watch, GMT’s don’t do well except vintage, possibly a bit like the SD 50 just over list at the moment but still falling, AD’s bought some at higher prices than that they are now selling for, 20 on EBay and over a hundred on chrono24.

What Rolex need to do is except that they will never be special or select and stop purposely withholding supply, they act more like drug dealers than a respected watch manufacturer.

The BLNR seems to have remained desirable.

Unfortunately, that was a massive fluke and I’m now too far away from them to be considered on their list. I’ve never found another hobby that can be so pretentious and aggravating at the same time. I keep telling myself “it’s just a watch”, but my gosh, what a crazy scenario it’s become.

This thread proves how many hoops people have to jump through now; Cique De Soleil level!
    For many it's not really a hobby, just buying expensive things (and maybe making a bit of cash). Don't know what else the ADs can do TBH, a herd mentality takes over and people must have the latest model (whatever it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Jubilee kills it for me.
    Agreed. It seems strange that the other models released all come on Oyster bracelets yet this comes on the Jubilee.

Just seen the Rootbeer, I think I prefer it!

Wife just called to say there is a queue outside WoS Canary Wharf this morning 😂😂

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Just seen the Rootbeer, I think I prefer it!

Wife just called to say there is a queue outside WoS Canary Wharf this morning 😂😂
    I just walked past it! Lots of people furiously filling in forms.

Can I put myself down on the list for a nice, affordable 16750?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    I just walked past it! Lots of people furiously filling in forms.
    I was one of them sadly, was second in the queue though lol. I went in yesterday and they told me to come back in the morning as not accepting any people on the list till tomorrow morning and they also have a new process of going on waiting lists. We shall see, certainly a lot of excited people queuing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Agreed. It seems strange that the other models released all come on Oyster bracelets yet this comes on the Jubilee.
    The GMT was originally aimed at pilots who are fairly smartly dressed guys and they liked the bling. I have a 16710 which had a black bezel and an Oyster bracelet when I bought it. It now has a coke bezel and a Jubilee bracelet and it looks great.

My own view is that SS Rolex watches should either come with a brushed Oyster or a Jubilee. The PCL Oyster just looks rubbish, a bit like a TT bracelet, neither one thing or the other.