Thread: EBay Sub??

Master
    Blog Entries

EBay Sub??

What can the experts tell me. Good or bad 152870405969

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm probably not qualified to give an opinion of the watch, but:

I'd want to see photos of the serial number and that it matches the valuations/papaerwork
    Someone who feels the need to bolster their credentials with unprovable claims about their wealth doesn't fill me with confidence

He wants F2F delivery only but payment with Paypal which bizarrely favours you as he can't prove you received it

I suppose in the end eBay/Paypal would always side with you if it was a fake. Depends if you feel lucky. Strange that the bezel pip has aged so dark where the Tritium dial (and possibly hands) haven't?
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 21st March 2018 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Someone who feels the need to bolster their credentials with unprovable claims about their wealth doesn't fill me with confidence
    Mate, you're describing some of the members of this very forum!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Mate, you're describing some of the members of this very forum!!!
    Point taken.

Craftsman
    It’s a tritium dial so arguably more desirable. Lume Pip has aged dramatically but doesn’t really match the dual so looks a bit odd IMO. No Rolex paperwork just some jewellers bumpf. It’s an ok watch, the seller does seem like a tool (but he’s a company director so buy with confidence) I would want to see it in person as the pictures are crappy.

“from a company director and am one myself, having purchased various high quality, high value items on Ebay inc other Rolex watches, Porches, British hi-fi equipment etc, so you can bid and buy with complete confidence”

He must have a lovely porch if he’s added that to the list of high end items he’s bought.

Maybe something like this?

Last edited by alexaff; 21st March 2018 at 10:43.

Master
    It doesn't look as if he can identify a fake box, so why trust any other aspect of his listing?

In any case, for a loose watch from a private seller I see no bargain here. Why take the risk?

Seller's high score on the titometer would also put me off.