closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies Watch Suggestions

Craftsman

Ladies Watch Suggestions

Hi everyone. I am looking to get my other half a watch for her birthday. She wants a Storm or Michael Kors one. But I am talking to her about getting a second hand model and something a bit less 'fashion'..i.e with a bit of history too. Like a Tag, or Bulova or whatever. So I am looking on the aftermarket to get a little bang for my buck.

So any suggestions? She likes quite simple designs, about 36mm size. I've seen a few Tag ones on eBay, but ideas on any others I should look for would be appreciated. Looking to spend up to about £250 as I am taking her away as well. This isn't a WTB post, but if anyone has something suitable they are selling, let me know too as this place is much more reliable than eBay. She is errr, quite specific in her tastes, so it might take a while. I was going to put this in the WTB place on here. But thought it a little vague.

Thanks in advance. :)

I bought Liz a Mondaine from JL. She loves it, very simple, legible, accurate.

Take her shopping, make a day of it, let her choose the watch she likes best.

Consider this a 'freebie' further good advice is chargeable.
    Last edited by number2; 21st March 2018 at 08:26.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

For an iconic dive watch in a 'ladies' size, SKX013

Ladies Watch Suggestions

Depends on her tastes. Does she like bimetallic , diamond bezels , bracelet or leather. White or dark dial. I'd take her window shopping and tell her it's not to buy something but just to get an idea of the style - then your hunt can begin easier I think - actually saw an omega ladies Quartz constellation for 250ish recently on well known auction site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 21st March 2018 at 08:49.

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    For an iconic dive watch in a 'ladies' size, SKX013
    Do women actually like these? Ever? If so I think this has highlighted a problem in my relationship.

Craftsman
    I keep an eye on jewellers windows and bought my Wife a gold plated diamond dot dial Omega (quartz) for less than £250 a few months ago. You might find some S/H Longines around for that sort of money too. They’re not going to look Michael Kors-ish though - Beware of buying her want you think she ought to like, rather than what she actually likes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Do women actually like these? Ever? If so I think this has highlighted a problem in my relationship.
    My wife wouldn't wear one of those if you paid her. The new Tudor BB32 is a potentially nice ladies watch but think it would be better if it came with a red or white dial, as opposed to the black/blue currently on offer.

Master
    This is Mrs lewie daily wearer
    E7E27588-5C92-4ECB-84E1-E5FB67B1CDA5 by biglewie, on Flickr

Craftsman
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, we are going out for the day shopping. Strangely my home town of Scunthorpe has loads of 2nd hand places with semi decent watches (Weil/Omega) , but Reading where we are now has hardly any.

Longines is a great choice. Hadn't even thought about that. And yeah, I would like her to get a chono as they look good. But she doesn't like 'all those dials'. ;/

I hear there's a cracking Ladies Seamaster to be had on Sales Corner.

Just saying

Master
    I bought my wife a nice watch. It sits unused and she feels bad about it.

My interests aren’t her interests. Lesson learned.