closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay thoughts

Master
    Blog Entries

eBay thoughts

I've got a watch Buy it Now on eBay. I have specified UK shipping only but a buyer bid the full BIN price yet lives in Hong Kong & shipping was to Hong Kong. I managed to cancel the transaction but then had to relist the item. Now the same bidder has sent me a message & says that he really wants to buy the watch at full asking price & that he is happy to pay the extra shipping costs. He also has zero feedback.

What could possibly go wrong?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post

Everything........................don’t do it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I've got a watch Buy it Now on eBay. I have specified UK shipping only but a buyer bid the full BIN price yet lives in Hong Kong & shipping was to Hong Kong. I managed to cancel the transaction but then had to relist the item. Now the same bidder has sent me a message & says that he really wants to buy the watch at full asking price & that he is happy to pay the extra shipping costs. He also has zero feedback.

If you're unsure stick to your UK shipping only. Not knowing what the watch is, I'd also do a few searches and see if it's available in Hong Kong. It it was I'd avoid them.

Suggest he fly to the UK and collect it and to bring the cash with him.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Open it up to the global shipping program... ship to the ebay distribution centre and let them deal with the headaches that may arise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Open it up to the global shipping program... ship to the ebay distribution centre and let them deal with the headaches that may arise.
    This.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the zero feedback gives me the most concern, although I suppose everybody has to start somewhere.

Is a buyer in Hong Kong any more likely to complain that he received, for example, a box of beetroot rather than a watch & claim a refund from PayPal? Or is there less that I could do about it if he did?