closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All new watches by Breitling

Master
    Another Breitling fan here, and although not much appeals to me from the latest releases, the ‘old’ Breitling is still around.

You can still go and purchase the ‘tool’ watches, the aerospace etc, and if you don’t like the other stuff what does it matter?

I can’t think of a single watch brand where I like everything they offer, and others will like what I don’t like so there’s room for everything.

As for the ‘bling’ comments, looking in most AD windows, there’s not a lot of difference between what’s sitting on the Breitling blocks versus everything else! It’s all shiny...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Another Breitling fan here, and although not much appeals to me from the latest releases, the ‘old’ Breitling is still around.

You can still go and purchase the ‘tool’ watches, the aerospace etc, and if you don’t like the other stuff what does it matter?
    Some of the old Breitling is definitely disappearing - they're dropping most of their quartzes. In fact, the only ones which remain on their site are the anadigis based around the B55 and B78 movements, while the B73 analogues seem to be gone. I'd be very surprised if they bring them back.

What’s the difference between the 43mm B01 Navitimers and the B01 Navitimers that have been around since about 2013? I thought they were 43mm too?

It looks like Breitling are trying to market something as new that has been around for about 5 years.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/breitli...-watch-review/
    Last edited by Christian; 22nd April 2018 at 09:55.

Breitling lost all appeal to me when they hiked their prices and ran their cartoon advertising scheme a few years ago. It felt like Thierry Nataf (ex Zenith CEO) had taken over.

Compare it directly to Rolex and for a lot of their products you are paying more for a Breitling but with much less elegance. Walking into one of the Breitling stores feels like walking into M&M World in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    For me, this is the pick of the bunch but the size and that crown are just bonkers and makes it a non starter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Breitling were at their modern best in the 1990’s and 2000’s.

In these years they had a really good and unified look, right across the range.

As someone said above, they were “instruments for professionals” and very much tool watches.

e.
    Your first comment applies to many makes - Omega and Rolex for a start

My introduction to Breitling was 1994 and a USN officer at Oxford wore one. It was an Aerospace, I wanted one immediately. Finally got one early 2000s, the pre Avantage (lovely painted numerals on the dial). Since then, they have become shinier but less attractive to me. I still haven’t seen anything that beats the B1. The M1 stands alone too.

Time moves on and I am not their target market. I can live with that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    That's nice, but I think a Navitimer should be on leather rather than a bracelet

D
    First thing I did when I got mine was buy a leather strap for it, but actually I prefer it on the bracelet. I’m really not a bracelet guy so that was a surprise!