closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Discount on a Tudor

Discount on a Tudor

I am after a Heritage Steel and Gold, I am not hung up on the Beckham thing I just like the watch! Do we expect a reasonable discount or is like Rolex a no no?

Any ideas who the best dealers are for this brand thanks in anticipation.

They should be readily available with the 20% ‘VAT’ discount if you are flying outside the EU at any point.

Beyond that it seems to depend on the model and the dealer - I have seen reports of 20% discounts occasionally, but somewhere between ‘no’ and 5-10% seems more likely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaguppy View Post
    I am after a Heritage Steel and Gold, I am not hung up on the Beckham thing I just like the watch! Do we expect a reasonable discount or is like Rolex a no no?

Not sure on the likelihood for Tudor as a brand but I found David Duggan in Burlington Arcade quite accommodating and I believe they are an AD for the Heritage range exclusively so might be worth giving them a call

Journeyman

I got a discount on the Tudor I bought at my local AD

Master
    Managed 10% discount and first service when buying my Pelagos from Fraser Hart.

Craftsman

Iconic

Would certainly recommend a look at Iconic watches, normally have a few Tudor models available with decent discounts.

Great seller from my experiences with them.

I got 10% off last year on a BBB without much trouble. Michael Spiers.

I managed to get 15% off BBR @ Fraser Hart Stratford branch last year. I find them quite flexible and they are happy to negotiate so I would try them.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

For normal folk your discount will typically be 10% from an AD, you could push for 15% on some pieces although I doubt you'd get a bronze black bay at that
    Last edited by ryanb741; 21st March 2018 at 00:36.

Craftsman
    I got a token gesture from my local AD when i bought my Black Bay Heritage Burgundy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Rolex AD in Bournemouth was selling Heritage Chronos for £1805, they had other models at a similar discount.

Banned
    I got a 10% discount recently, so yes, it’s worth asking.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Rolex AD in Bournemouth was selling Heritage Chronos for £1805, they had other models at a similar discount.
    Is that Charles Fox? Think I'll have to take a trip to town at the weekend to see what they've got.

10% for me on BBB

Journeyman
    I bought a tudor north flag, didn’t get a discount, but they gave me the official leather strap and clasp for free with it. According to them it’s worth £350 so not bad as I wanted the option of changing from steel bracelet. This was at Chisholm Hunter.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Not sure on the likelihood for Tudor as a brand but I found David Duggan in Burlington Arcade quite accommodating and I believe they are an AD for the Heritage range exclusively so might be worth giving them a call
    Another thumbs up for David Duggan, I’ve been to see them a few times and found the service to be wonderful. I never bought from them but had the deal been right, I most definitely would have.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Rather than ask the question on here why don't you ask a Tudor AD? Simple!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    If he did that, I wouldn't be able to read peoples replies ... and I'm quite interested in the OPs question, as many others are I would assume :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cf31bloobird View Post
    If he did that, I wouldn't be able to read peoples replies ... and I'm quite interested in the OPs question, as many others are I would assume :)
    I concur. Well said

Serious question, I’m going to pick up a Tudor Black Bay Bronze in London today, do you think Bucherer would give me any kind of discount on this watch if I asked?

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Serious question, I’m going to pick up a Tudor Black Bay Bronze in London today, do you think Bucherer would give me any kind of discount on this watch if I asked?
    I wouldnt buy it unless they did. Unless it is their Blue special edition version that is. They are readily available, and with a discount.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I wouldnt buy it unless they did. Unless it is their Blue special edition version that is. They are readily available, and with a discount.
    Thanks, sorry forgot to mention that it is the Tudor Bucherer Bronze Blue Black Bay!

Well, you can only ask.

I didn't manage a discount, but got a free travel case, tie and other goodies along with a free first service agreed on my Patek.

Well, went to Bucherer in Covent Garden today to get the Tudor Bronze Blue - didn’t even get offered a complimentary glass of water let alone a discount.

Well, went to Bucherer in Covent Garden today to get the Tudor Bronze Blue - didn’t even get offered a complimentary glass of water let alone a discount.
    Did you ask for anything?

A drink?

Bucherer, or Tudor goodies?

Free service?

Personal services?

Did you ask for anything?

A drink?

Bucherer, or Tudor goodies?

Free service?

Personal services?
    I asked for a discount but no chance, they wouldn’t even give me the nice blue plastic ‘Bucherer’ Tag as you only get that if you buy it in Switzerland apparently. I receceived absolutely Jack s$$$; I couldn’t request any personal services either as the wife was with me!

Theese types are only interested if you’re buying a £70k diamond-encrusted Rolex.

Shame, but at least you have a very nice watch :)

Shame, but at least you have a very nice watch :)
    Yep, a great watch cheers, definitely a keeper. Bucherer were non-committal about whether the waiting list for these would remain open or closed or whether Tudor would soon be stopping production.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cf31bloobird View Post
    I agree, Isn't this the whole point of a forum?

Ive been here nigh on 10 years, unfortunately the forum now is only really about Rolex and shouting people down. A shame as a genuine open question about a purchase used to be forum bread and butter.

Journeyman
    Ive been here nigh on 10 years, unfortunately the forum now is only really about Rolex and shouting people down. A shame as a genuine open question about a purchase used to be forum bread and butter.
    If I see a post that has Rolex in the title I never bother to read it, it's not like they're the best money can buy

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Rather than ask the question on here why don't you ask a Tudor AD? Simple!

Many prospective purchasers require ‘handholding’ so that they have the perceived confidence to engage with a dealer.

They ask on here, as their mum might not be available to go with them to the dealer.............

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Many prospective purchasers require ‘handholding’ so that they have the perceived confidence to engage with a dealer.

They ask on here, as their mum might not be available to go with them to the dealer.............
    What a silly thing to say.

If you have a vague idea of the margins (from asking people who have been there done that on a forum) then you know what to aim for and whether or not you're being fobbed off with a skinny discount and a cappuccino or whether you're getting whats realistically achievable.

I'd prefer skinny latte and large discounts

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipJI View Post
    If I see a post that has Rolex in the title I never bother to read it, it's not like they're the best money can buy
    They are not the best money can buy but they are the best that Rolex money can buy.

I asked for a discount but no chance, they wouldn’t even give me the nice blue plastic ‘Bucherer’ Tag as you only get that if you buy it in Switzerland apparently. I receceived absolutely Jack s$$$; I couldn’t request any personal services either as the wife was with me!

Theese types are only interested if you’re buying a £70k diamond-encrusted Rolex.
    Sounds like you bought it from the wrong AD.

I have only ever used the boutique in Leeds, I cannot believe the different treatment and service on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    Another thumbs up for David Duggan, I’ve been to see them a few times and found the service to be wonderful. I never bought from them but had the deal been right, I most definitely would have.
    A massive thumbs down from me ref. David Duggan, possibly the worst service I’ve ever received in a watch shop. Rude, unpleasant and tried to pass off an Explorer 1 with a giant chip in it’s crystal. When this rather obvious defect was pointed out, while I was trying the watch on, the member of staff I dealt with became even more obnoxious. A shower of idiots in that place- avoid like the plague. There are dozens of places to buy Tudor watches, Duggan’s would not be on my list.

Master
    I prefer my local family run AD. I like the fact that I've been dealing with the same person for nearly 20 years.