closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA: Logitech Harmony Elite remote control reduced

Master
    Blog Entries

PSA: Logitech Harmony Elite remote control reduced

On offer today at Amazon - £149. The only time I've seen it cheaper is on Black Friday last year for £130 so I'd call it a good deal.

Craftsman
    Is it any good?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    Is it any good?
    Very good got 3 of them :) great I’d you’ve got lots of kit to control and useful for programming Sky channels using the favourite tiles

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Got a Black Friday one, they’re brilliant. Plus if you have an Alexa device, you can just ask her to turn on the tv etc, will switch it all on as per the devices you set up as ‘watch tv’.

Far superior to the Harmony One of a few years ago & the IR blasters are brilliant too for getting signals to devices, our blasters are all in the cabinet & the hub is too, yet still manages to blast IR signal out through the glass, bounce around be room and control the TV.

Unlike some remotes where you have to point it up to a corner to register this just gets the job done. Only downside is if you have the remote on the sofa & it gets squeezed by a cushion, there is no stopping be signal as it’s Bluetooth (from memory!) vs IR, so whatever command you’ve pressed, eg ‘play playstation’ will turn off what you were watching and set up the amp & tv for gaming.

If you don’t have a surround sound set up, is probably not bother though as the sky remote can do tv volume etc.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Got a Black Friday one, they’re brilliant. Plus if you have an Alexa device, you can just ask her to turn on the tv etc, will switch it all on as per the devices you set up as ‘watch tv’.

Far superior to the Harmony One of a few years ago & the IR blasters are brilliant too for getting signals to devices, our blasters are all in the cabinet & the hub is too, yet still manages to blast IR signal out through the glass, bounce around be room and control the TV.

Unlike some remotes where you have to point it up to a corner to register this just gets the job done. Only downside is if you have the remote on the sofa & it gets squeezed by a cushion, there is no stopping be signal as it’s Bluetooth (from memory!) vs IR, so whatever command you’ve pressed, eg ‘play playstation’ will turn off what you were watching and set up the amp & tv for gaming.

If you don’t have a surround sound set up, is probably not bother though as the sky remote can do tv volume etc.

Thank you for the feedback.

That's the thing, I've got Sky, Apple TV and Sonos for my sound so I don't really have that much to control. I do use Alexa and have smart lighting, but given that I can control it by voice or my phone I don't think I need a remote too. I think I'll pass on this given the grief I'll get from my wife for having bought yet another tech gadget!