closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Commemorative bracelet honoring my late best friend

Commemorative bracelet honoring my late best friend

My very best friend (Tom Busker) since the early 1960s passed away suddenly late last year. I was stunned and moved to have received subtle but clear 'communications' from him twice since his passing. This has never happened to me before in my 70-1/2 years. As a memento I ordered, and today received this simple engraved cross bracelet from Portugal that I wanted to share with my TZ-UK friends. At bottom is a photo of the two of us (he's the BIG one) together in Iowa for our 50th high school reunion in 2015.

A really nice momento of your friend.

Nothing more important in life than family and friends. A lovely and very tasteful idea.

Grand Master
    A nice touch.

Just lost a good friend of mine last week aged 60, known him since school. Certainly makes you think, I guess it comes with the territory as we get older.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Nice. Real friends are special.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice memento, you were lucky to have each other.

Very nice of you and I am sure it would be highly appreciated by your buddy.. Sadly, we have less and less people we can trust and relay to with passing of time.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    That's a really touching memento. Friends are important.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

An enduring memory for a fallen friend.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Nice. Real friends like family is everything

Good fella,

It's pretty grim losing a close friend at any age, the fact that you've marked his memory is a credit to you, remember him well.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Nice gesture indeed.

It would be interesting the hear about the communications that you have received, unless they are too personal to share of course.

A nice way to remember your best friend. I’m sure he’d be so pleased.

I too would be very interested to hear more about the communications (but would completely understand any reticence to share publicly). Most of the time I’m convinced that there’s nothing beyond the materialist world, but every now and then I have doubts. Having lost someone close last year, it would be a huge comfort to know that there’s ‘something beyond’.

Blog Entries
    Great way to remember your best friend PC. losing your best friend can leave a big black hole, and if this makes you remember him it's always a good thing.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by clockwatcher View Post
    Nice gesture indeed.

It would be interesting the hear about the communications that you have received, unless they are too personal to share of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    A nice way to remember your best friend. I’m sure he’d be so pleased.

I too would be very interested to hear more about the communications (but would completely understand any reticence to share publicly). Most of the time I’m convinced that there’s nothing beyond the materialist world, but every now and then I have doubts. Having lost someone close last year, it would be a huge comfort to know that there’s ‘something beyond’.
    Yes, the details are too personal to share beyond my immediate family and close friends. Let me just say that in my angst following my best friend's death, I implored him to give me a particular sign that he wasn't just ashes in an urn, but still existing somewhere beyond this life. About 20 minutes later I received not that particular sign, but one even more meaningful and personal than I requested. A few months later, I had a similar but different experience with him that was conclusive (to this skeptical CPA and former Marine) that my friend was, indeed, nearby.

Although I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools for 12 years of my youth, my faith slowly ebbed as an adult, to the point where I guess you could say I became an agnostic. These recent experiences were enough to change that. Convinced now that our existence does not end at death, I have a renewed faith and have already made certain changes in my daily life. Maybe that was the kick in the ass I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Yes, the details are too personal to share beyond my immediate family and close friends. Let me just say that in my angst following my best friend's death, I implored him to give me a particular sign that he wasn't just ashes in an urn, but still existing somewhere beyond this life. About 20 minutes later I received not that particular sign, but one even more meaningful and personal than I requested. A few months later, I had a similar but different experience with him that was conclusive (to this skeptical CPA and former Marine) that my friend was, indeed, nearby.

Although I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools for 12 years of my youth, my faith slowly ebbed as an adult, to the point where I guess you could say I became an agnostic. These recent experiences were enough to change that. Convinced now that our existence does not end at death, I have a renewed faith and have already made certain changes in my daily life. Maybe that was the kick in the ass I needed.
    Thank you for the response, pc. You come across as a very reasonable and sensible bloke, and I respect your views. It’s given me something to think about.

Lovely touch he must have meant a lot.

Unfortunately I lost a very good friend 15 years ago, which made me cynical towards life. Ex Paratrooper mad as a box of frogs, strong as an ox, fit as a butchers dog. He fell to the floor in his bathroom (aged 39) 4/11/03 he was dead before he broke his nose again on the sink. Sudden death syndrome it states on his death certificate. His brothers up't and immigrated to New Zealand all 4 of them with their Dad.

I've been to visit once for a month but miss them all badly...they won't come back.

You and Tom look a fine pair of Dudes!

Very touching, and the bracelet is a nice reminder of a close friend. You'll always have those fond memories too.

Nice one, and thanks for posting it to. Certainly something to think about in quiet moments.

Blog Entries
    Lovely pic and a fitting momento... I’m lucky enough to have some close mates and it’s imortant not to take them for granted