closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Friday coffee with Rob and some Pams

Master

Friday coffee with Rob and some Pams

Have been lucky enough to meet up with Rob of this parish a few times now and we try to grab a coffee and a chat when work/life allows and maybe theres a new toy to have a look at.

Last week i just happened to snag something i'd been looking at for a few weeks and Rob had a new arrival as well so thought it best to meet and have a natter.

I have had the Panerai bug bite me a little since meeting Rob and seeing some of his collection. I got a 590 a couple of years back but never added to it, just didn't "get it". But after trying some of Robs I've added a 372 earlier in the year and a 232 last week, suspect there might be more :-/

Anyways, with people watching and wondering what the hell we were doing, Rob managed to get a group shot.

Some new straps incoming for both of us so I'm thinking wont be long until coffee time again!
    Last edited by Nev; 19th March 2018 at 19:11.

Master
    Would have been fun to be there - as a recent(ish) infectee of the PAM bug myself - I could have added a few more that weren't represented.

Must admit that the 232 has been calling to me - but I'm trying to resist the urge.....

Love the pic.

PS for those who think they all look the same perhaps do a roll-call ;)

Master
    Good idea. Top row from left 590 on OEM asso strap, 49 on aftermarket strap, can't recall from where, 231 on OEM black croc, 232 on OEM tan leather. Front row from left 422 on brown Toshi, 346 on tan asso, 24 on dark kudu Toshi and 372 on tan LV.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Do Pams come on brown, brown or brown, bit like the Model T in black?

Master
    Top row left to right.

590 - 44mm Luminor, 8 day P5000 movement manual wind. Solid case back. Sausage dial.
    049 - 40mm Luminor, Calibre OPIII automatic 42hrs power reserve. Solid caseback. Painted dial
    231 - 45mm rose gold Radiomir, Calibre OP X 56 56hrs power reserve manual wind. Display caseback. Sandwich dial
    232 - 47mm Radiomir, Calibre OP X 56hrs power reserve manual wind. Solid caseback. Sandwich dial, tobacco.

Bottom row left to right.

422 - 47mm 1950 Luminor, P3001 movement manual wind 3 day power reserve (shown through display caseback). Sandwich dial.
    346 - 45mm 1940 Radiomir, 8 day P2002 movement manual wind. Display caseback. Sandwich dial, tobacco. Titanium and steel case.
    024 - 44mm Luminor Submersible, Calibre OPIII automatic 42hrs power reserve. Solid caseback. Painted dial.
    372 - 47mm 1950 Luminor, P3000 movment manual wind 3 day power reserve. Display caseback. Sandwich dial. Plexi.
    Last edited by Nev; 19th March 2018 at 17:18.

Master
    Much more comprehensive than my post Nev.

Great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

372 and 232 for me...

Journeyman
    Such a great picture.

422 is my choice of that bunch - and will indeed be my next watch purchase. Just trying to source the best deal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Top row left to right.

590 - 44mm Luminor, 8 day P5000 movement manual wind. Solid case back. Sausage dial.
    049 - 40mm Luminor, Calibre OPIII automatic 42hrs power reserve. Solid caseback. Painted
    024 - 44mm Luminor Submersible, Calibre OPIII automatic 42hrs power reserve. Solid caseback. Painted dial.
    Nev , can I ask the difference between sausage and painted dial? Is it the raised profile of the paint ?

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Nev , can I ask the difference between sausage and painted dial? Is it the raised profile of the paint ?
    The sausage dial on the 590 has indentations in the dial which are then filled to create the markings. A painted dial has the marking painted on the top.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Exactly as Andy said in that the numbers/markings are indented and then filled so it gives a "sausage effect", its noticeably different when you see them side by side but in an image not so much.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Andy and Nev.

Master
    My photography is awful, this is as good as its gets to try and show it......

Craftsman
    I love the history of panerai & so far managed to stay away but you really aren't helping.
    Great shots 232 & 372 for me as well although the 590 is also lovely.

I'm sure resistance is futile!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Do Pams come on brown, brown or brown, bit like the Model T in black?
    LOL. They don't have to. Although if you're going for a heritage look then they're the 'colours' to go for. There are no limits. Just a couple of mine to brighten things up:

The Panerai website itself has loads of options in primary colours and of course the number of aftermarket options are limitless.

Craftsman
    My Panerai 243 on a grey crocodile strap, have another 16 different colour straps.

Friday coffee with Rob and some Pams

Here’s my 560 on its assolutamente that I picked up recently from the London Boutique

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile appIMG_1554.JPG
    Last edited by McBeardy; 7th April 2018 at 14:05.

Master
    I popped the 49 onto a NATO for a duty week as my BB Bronze is away to Tudor. Quite like the different look it brings. 20180330_101100.jpg

Master
    The 232 on a corriga french ammo

Master
    Yet another for the wish list..............

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew S View Post
    My Panerai 243 on a grey crocodile strap, have another 16 different colour straps.

That really suits the watch - is that an OEM croc?