closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tracing a vehicles registered keeper

Tracing a vehicles registered keeper

I would like to call on the collective knowledge of the forum please.

I would like to trace the owner of a particular vehicle with a view to purchasing it (purely for its registered number plate). I don't know if it would be for sale but want to try.

I know you can request the info from DVLA if you have a valid reason, but I don't think my reason qualifies.

Anyone know of any other legal methods please?

Thanks in advance,

Si.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

You pay DVLA £2.50 (iirc) and given them whichever reason will satisfy them.

Master
    The simple answer is no unless you can convince DVLA through their request for keeper information system that you have a bona fide reason. Interested in buying the reg doesn’t qualify under that. They are really tightening up on even current keeper requests for historical data so you’ve no chance at all if it’s not registered to you. Unless you claim it ran into you and failed to stop I guess 😳😳😳

Tell them it’s because you saw the car while you were involved in an accident and you believe they could be a witness, sometimes little white lies are ok.

Just lie about your true intentions to one of the govimmint department. Why not?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    Tell them it’s because you saw the car while you were involved in an accident and you believe they could be a witness, sometimes little white lies are ok.
    Wasn't there a case just recently when someone did something similar?

I think he got a criminal conviction for unlawfully obtaining the guys personal data.

Stalker alert
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.