closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WoS, Regent St raided

Master

WoS, Regent St raided

Brazen moped gang armed with 'Samurai swords' and sledgehammers ransack Regent Street watch shop in front of terrified Sunday shoppers

Thieves have raided Watches of Switzerland in Westminster, central London, this afternoon. Police remain at the scene in Regent Street, where the robbers were interrupted as they ransacked the store using knives, sledgehammers and a Samurai sword-style blade.

Last edited by J J Carter; 18th March 2018 at 18:02.

Craftsman
    Hope the staff are not scarred from that experience. Quite a brave and crazy thing to do on such a busy street. This will only affect watch lovers sadly :(
    Last edited by EmilA; 18th March 2018 at 21:10.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Hope the staff are scared from that experience. Quite a brave and crazy thing to do on such a busy street. This will only affect watch lovers sadly :(
    Brave isn't the first word that springs to mind.

Banned
    I was in the Omega boutiques Regent street collection a watch around this time .

Craftsman
    I was in there yesterday. They run a secure operation with multiple security staff but that will pale against the violence described. Hope all the staff are OK. Hope the scrotes get caught ASAP.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

That would be a horrific experience for the staff.

Just another day in Londonistan though.

Hope the staff are scared from that experience. Quite a brave and crazy thing to do on such a busy street. This will only affect watch lovers sadly :(
    I really hope that your comment contains a typing error Emil.
    Nobody should ever hope that staff are scared and to be confronted by weapons doing your chosen job is abominable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

Pardon????

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I really hope that your comment contains a typing error Emil.
    Nobody should ever hope that staff are scared and to be confronted by weapons doing your chosen job is abominable.
    Oracle you are indeed correct. My apologies. I meant not scarred.
    Last edited by EmilA; 18th March 2018 at 21:10.

WoS, Regent St raided

Removed as requested
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 18th March 2018 at 21:15.

Master
    Pardon???
    It's a portmanteau of London and Pakistan, recognising the number of immigrants from a different culture.
    Last edited by J J Carter; 18th March 2018 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Disgraceful thing to do, and I think unfortunately indicative of where things are headed.

Would still call it bravery of a sort to be waving knives and a sword around Westminster... the type of activity that these days might well invite a sudden onset of lead poisoning.

I suppose if it was obviously a robbery then perhaps that would be less likely, but still...
    Still don’t think brave is the word to use and frankly shame that didn’t happen.

Craftsman

Don't think that's appropriate on this part of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    It's a portmanteau of London and Pakistan, recognising the number of immigrants
    Jeepers this thread has come up with some rather weird posts in a very short period of time, are you insinuating this was done by immigrants?

WoS, Regent St raided

Removed by request
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 18th March 2018 at 21:07.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Jeepers this thread has come up with some rather weird posts in a very short period of time, are you insinuating this was done by immigrants?
    Agreed. Had to read the comments a few times to make sure I hadn’t misread them but no, looks like racism and sympathy for robbers. Or perhaps people are just illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
    Today Mrs Draft and I did one of our favourite London walks, from Liverpool Street Station to Spitalfields Market and then up Brick Lane to Shoreditch. One of the most multicultural areas of London, and as a consequence we took in some Ethiopian Street food and some North African tea. And some English beer to cap it off.

Always seems to be people outside London who make comments like this.

Certainly not brave in the virtuous sense... ballsy perhaps?

Agree that it wouldn’t have been an especially tragic outcome, might have ‘discourager les autres’.

I do think though that this could be avoided by a) genuinely tough sentences and prisons, b) traditional beat patrolling/policing, c) guaranteed deportation for significant crimes + strictly policed borders.

BTW, I don’t really like when OT politics encroaches into my interests so if the above crosses that line then please say and I’ll remove it. Nothing too out there I should think.

Quite right for people to point out the unnecessary and unacceptable trauma to the WoS employees.
    Personally think it might be best if you removed this, still think ballsy implies some kind of
    admiration and another post that seems to presume this was carried out Immigrants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Pardon????

Ali is a well known for snide racist remarks on this forum. Best to put him on the ignore list as many do.

WTF?

Oracle you are indeed correct. My apologies. I meant scarred.

Craftsman
    I understand my original post had a typo but that was a clear mistake.
    Though a deliberate comment such as the one made is not something I had expected to see on here. Shame.

Further edit - upon re-reading my own post, I can clearly see where I went wrong!
    Last edited by EmilA; 18th March 2018 at 21:11.

Master
    It's a portmanteau of London and Pakistan, recognising the number of immigrants from a different culture.
    I’m fully aware. It’s usage seems misguided.

WoS, Regent St raided

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Personally think it might be best if you removed this, still think ballsy implies some kind of
    admiration and another post that seems to presume this was carried out Immigrants.
    Removed, as as I said, I don’t really like politics encouraging into interests that are held by people of all opinions.

Certainly no admiration on my part for these greasy criminals, and I didn’t presume it was carried out by immigrants (indeed, patrolled borders would really be meant to stop ‘travelling’ criminals who have just popped over here specifically to commit a crime, rather than people who’ve migrated. Still, could be carried out by immigrants, just as it could be carried out by non-immigrants. I certainly have no clue either way.

All the best
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 18th March 2018 at 21:12.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Still not right though, should be aren't scarred?
    Yes that’s right. Typing what my brain is thinking clearly isn’t working today.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Today Mrs Draft and I did one of our favourite London walks, from Liverpool Street Station to Spitalfields Market and then up Brick Lane to Shoreditch. One of the most multicultural areas of London, and as a consequence we took in some Ethiopian Street food and some North African tea. And some English beer to cap it off.
    Sounds nice!

Sounds nice!
    It was, although bitterly cold.

Craftsman
    Was it definitely criminals or a gang of angry buyers after their Rolex sports warranty cards.

Whether it is a luxury store, petrol station or convenience store, these stories are far too frequent in modern Britain.

Well so much for my trip there tomorrow... haven’t been back to the UK since moving to Canada a few years ago and have been looking forward having a look at watches in a shop other than in Walmart!

Craftsman
    That is quite brazen!

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Pardon????

-Stan is formed from the old Iranian root *sta- "to stand, stay," and means "place where one stays," i.e. homeland or country. Names such as Afghani-stan, Tajiki-stan, Hindu-stan are formed by adding this suffix to the usually pluralized names of the people living in that country, as the Afghani (one Afghan) live in Afghanistan. However, Pakistan was formed from the initial letters of "Punjab," "Afghanistan," and "Kashmir" and the questionably extended suffix -istan. So, now there is an extended suffix floating around that may be added to new countries, the name of whose people is not pluralized by the suffix -i.
    By the way, Iranian is the mother language from which the modern Persian or Farsi, Pashto, Baluchi, etc. languages developed. The Germanic language family, of which English (German, Swedish, Dutch, etc.) is a member, developed from the same great-great-grandmother, Proto-Indo-European (PIE) some 7,000 years ago, so the same root also turns up in English "stand," "stay," "steady," and others.
    LINK
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Racist keyboard warriors.

Terrible for the staff and I hope the villains are caught and given tough sentences.

As for your 2nd comment I travel to London about once a month now and it is clear that the numbers produced by the government about immigration numbers are false. In many parts of London I can guarantee that a white face is a rare thing and soon the thin edge of the wedge will be gone forever.

It's unbelievable how brazen these gangs are becoming.

Having been there, I can't imagine a more high profile shop they could have chosen.

More like to be some gangsta rap fueled morons (which doesn't imply any racial group, strikes me many middle class white youths believe that associate with inner city US ghetto dwelling, for some bizarre reason!) than an ISIS attack I suspect...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    More like to be some gangsta rap fueled morons (which doesn't imply any racial group, strikes me many middle class white youths believe that associate with inner city US ghetto dwelling, for some bizarre reason!) than an ISIS attack I suspect...

M

Hence ‘Stan’.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Hence ‘Stan’.
    Indeed.

Pretty unpleasant experience for the staff though.

M

Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    It's unbelievable how brazen these gangs are becoming.

Having been there, I can't imagine a more high profile shop they could have chosen.
    Just shows how thieves in Britain have ZERO fear of being caught and it’s pretty much a free pass. My GFs apartment was robbed last year in london and a car also taken and police did nothing apart from look g at a few CCTV footage. In Britain you can rob the busiest largest luxury watch store and still get away!!! Unbelievable!! We need to bloody find these thieves and start handing out serious sentences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just another racist post by an islamaphobe

Presumably you have inside knowledge that the attackers were Muslim?
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 19th March 2018 at 16:16.

Master
    I noticed that in Milan most high end jewellers operate a lobby type system whereby you go through a security door and only when that has shut does a second security door open to let you into the store

Now I know that's far from ideal for allowing customers easy access, but it would equally give comfort that once you are in the store considering an expensive purchase, you aren't likely to be joined by a bunch of mindless thugs

Craftsman

Brazen robbers and brazen racists. What has the world come to?

Craftsman

Tartan

Quote Originally Posted by jalebi View Post
    Brazen robbers and brazen racists. What has the world come to?

I am sure Ally, our tartan racist will be on soon enough to denounce the comments made by the members regards his comment and like most people who get caught by their flippant racism, will say it was meant as a joke or not mean to cause offence etc.

I remember on another forum a couple of years ago a member wrote that only Homosexual European men wore Cartier watches, once he realised his comments were not going to be accepted by the members, he started to backtrack to hide his homophobia through his response that it was tongue in cheek.

Unintelligent comments from unintelligent people

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I noticed that in Milan most high end jewellers operate a lobby type system whereby you go through a security door and only when that has shut does a second security door open to let you into the store

Now I know that's far from ideal for allowing customers easy access, but it would equally give comfort that once you are in the store considering an expensive purchase, you aren't likely to be joined by a bunch of mindless thugs
    We have plenty of jewellers with that setup here. They're called inter-locking doors. Great idea and work really well but it does put some customers off, especially if the jeweller across the road has an open door policy.

Steve

-Grad - град (Old Russian) город (Russian) - town, city, ie Leningrad.

The Times, year 2016.

Drive the dirty money out of Londongrad

Rich Russians admire our police, courts and culture, but we’re a soft touch for money launderers and other crooks

Edward Lucas
    February 20 2016, 12:01am, The Times

Londongrad is the affectionate, slightly mocking Russian nickname for our capital. It is the place to come to invest and spend ill-gotten gains, to buy a pied-à-terre or a mansion, to educate offspring, for frolics and fleshpots, and — perhaps most importantly — to acquire a sheen of respectability.
    Russians quickly rumbled the British way of doing things. On the surface, we are classy, dignified, law-abiding, even slightly intimidating. Our traditions stretch back centuries. Sometimes the impression is accurate. Russians have deep respect for our legal system: London’s courts are the best place on the planet to sue and be sued. You may lose or win. Either way it will cost you a pretty packet. But you do not need to fear that the other…
    LINK (paywall)

Let those anti-Russophobic comments roll in chaps. After all, racism is racism in any shape or form, innit?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Removed, as as I said, I don’t really like politics encouraging into interests that are held by people of all opinions.
    Encroaching is the term you presumably meant to use.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Encroaching is the term you presumably meant to use.
    Indeed.

Master
    The suffix 'stan' just means, land, place or country. Therefore Londonistan means the place of the Londoners. There are many examples, Hindhustan, Kazakstan etc. Many words from other languages get used in english. e.g. cafe, veranda, bungalow, kaput......

Londonistan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    The suffix 'stan' just means, land, place or country. Therefore Londonistan means the place of the Londoners. There are many examples, Hindhustan, Kazakstan etc. Many words from other languages get used in english. e.g. cafe, veranda, bungalow, kaput......
    That doesn’t work when you are trying to paint someone as a racist though.

It also happens to be the name of a best selling book that I would recommend.

I find it rather disturbing that Islam has been mentioned in this thread.

Once again the work of the terrorist groups (who are fundamentally un-Islamic) is being done for them.

I do wonder whether certain posters ever stop to consider the likely effect of inflammatory or provocative remarks (in and out of the BP) on forum members here who are from an ethnic minority and / or are Muslims.
    Last edited by Velorum; 20th March 2018 at 11:38.

What does Islam have to do with this?

That is a stupid and inaccurate statement and really shows your ignorance of life in London and out multicultural society.

Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone

Craftsman

Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

The place of Londoners is London and not the racially charged “Londonistan” . A term used to imply Muslim radicalism and often used by the Alt right to undermine the multiculturalism benefits.

The book may have been a best seller in 2006 but just like OP. ALLY our tartan racist, both are outdated and irrelevant.