closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Russell Crowe talks watches

Russell Crowe talks watches

Sorry if this has already been posted. I looked on here but couldn't find it.

Nothing more than a vid of part of Russell Crowe' s watch collection that he seems to be flogging. I enjoyed it and nice to hear him speak about the backstory to each piece. And he has a Speedy! Top man!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xc2G6GaG-4I

I watched this yesterday initially with some skepticism but he spoke with some passion about his collection and it was quite interesting. I did feel his pain in having to let go of some pieces he clearly loves. Has the Gladiator gone broke or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I watched this yesterday initially with some skepticism but he spoke with some passion about his collection and it was quite interesting. I did feel his pain in having to let go of some pieces he clearly loves. Has the Gladiator gone broke or something?

Divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Divorce.
    Ahhh yes, that will break any man financially

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting, enjoyable 11 minutes.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    And he praised his Cellini....a man of taste. I expect he wore it in 'Gladiator.'

Craftsman
    That was a good watch, thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting the link.

I like Russell Crowe as an actor. Seems like a good bloke as well.

"It is all about how it feels on the your wrist", and he's right; if it feels good on your wrist that morning, it sets up your whole day.

Nice collection as well.

Cheers.

I can’t believe he is in that much financial trouble that he needs to sell his watch collection. What would these watches collectively sell for in comparison to what I imagine would be be a multi million dollar divorce settlement? Seems strange to me.

I also suspect he would command a fee of a fee of a few million dollars for each movie he makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good vid, but I found it rather depressing to be honest.

The only positive was that he indicated that he still has a collection - so still a WIS

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I doubt that he has financial problems. He's been doing quite a few good movies lately such as the one with Ryan Gossling. The good guys or something like that.

Apparently it's a whole auction set up by him and his soon to be ex-wife. They're auctioning off things of their own and it has a bit of a divorce theme.

Maybe some will go to charity, maybe they're just trying to get rid of stuff from the past while at the same making some money...

Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    I doubt that he has financial problems. He's been doing quite a few good movies lately such as the one with Ryan Gossling. The good guys or something like that.

Apparently it's a whole auction set up by him and his soon to be ex-wife. They're auctioning off things of their own and it has a bit of a divorce theme.

Maybe some will go to charity, maybe they're just trying to get rid of stuff from the past while at the same making some money...
    That’s my point. The money these watches will raise at auction will be small change to an A-list actor like Russell Crow.

The feeling I got from the video is that he’s just breaking with the past and starting afresh. Maybe these watches are part of a time he wishes to leave behind.

Interesting that he says most of the prop watches in films are fakes

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Interesting that he says most of the prop watches in films are fakes
    I liked that aswell. He would of rather wore the superocean than a fake prop,I respect that

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Lovely video, thanks for sharing

Saint Russell, or Rusty as he is affectionately known by me. The man is a god, turned South Sydney around, Go Bunnies!!!!! Bad start to the season so far, but nice watches ;P

Master
    I saw this on the Aussie YouTube channel. Thought it was really fun, loved and jealous how he can buy so spontaneously

A few nice pieces, but generally too dressy for my taste.

As others have suggested, feels a bit like PR to me rather than a genuinely necessary cash raising exercise.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Enjoyed that, I always appreciate the intricacies of a collection-in fact I wish their were more video/stories about individual collections.

A car boot sale on a grand scale.

I don't think it's about a need to raise money, more a desire to just clear a load of 'stuff'.

Celebrities/persons of serious wealth tend to think differently to 'normal' people - a solid gold Daytona or a Vacheron Constantin would be a really big deal to most forummers, but to Crowe it's an impulse airport purchase, like I'd buy an airport thriller novel.

The entire auction is forecast to raise $3.6m. It includes the sword & armour from 'Gladiator', an 1890 $145,000 violin from 'Master & Commander', a car, motorbike etc. The watches are only a minor part of it.

Whereas I see watches as extremely personal items, I get the impression that they're mere trinkets for Crowe.

When you can buy almost anything you want, anytime you want, I imagine a £10k watch isn't a big deal, especially if you have drawers full of them.

Agree with the above you can tell he likes watches and I was impressed that he likes Speedys and the backstory to them etc.
    But he lives in a vastly different world to me a spontaneous airport purchase to me would be 3 to 2 pin plug or maybe some headphones, not a 10k + watch! :)

I enjoyed that, thanks. His comment towards the end about watches have to feel right on the wrist and sometimes that only lasts for a day is illuminating and probably goes a long way to explain flippitis, also that many of us buy watches unseen from places like SC, then when they arrive they dissapoint and get flipped. The wrist check would probably save a lot of hassle!
    Keith

Journeyman
    Interesting video. Got the feeling this selection of watches is what he found down the back of the sofa compared to his full collection.
    Look forward to seeing the outcome of the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    I enjoyed that, thanks. His comment towards the end about watches have to feel right on the wrist and sometimes that only lasts for a day is illuminating and probably goes a long way to explain flippitis, also that many of us buy watches unseen from places like SC, then when they arrive they dissapoint and get flipped. The wrist check would probably save a lot of hassle!
    Keith
    He is of course correct but for me that's part of the fun. I've also been able to enjoy many more watches this way even if I only own them for a few days/weeks

Master
    Looks interesting, thanks for sharing, why the hell are Armani Watches expected to fetch £5000?