Once again I have gone full circle and returned to a few old favourites so thought that I might post a SOTC

Three SARB's

These are the second 033's and 035's Ive owned and possibly the fourth 017 (not sure, Ive lost count!). The problem Ive had with previous 017's is the lack of AR on the crystal. This one is fitted with an after market DD AR one from Harold and at long last I'm happy with it!

Vintage - Omega and Timex

This is the second time Ive owned this manual wind Seamaster having bought it back after selling it last year. It has a 285 movement and was fully restored early last year. The Timex 100 is a birth year watch. Something of a cheap and cheerful piece I bought it as I really liked the dial. Due to their relatively low value these are becoming rarer as not many will spend money keeping them going.

A couple of Eddies finest

I bought the PRS29a new and sold it on, it was then owned by a few TZ members before I bought it back. Its a lovely thing and keeps great time. As regards the Seafire, this is the third one Ive owned.

The fact that with the exception of the Timex Ive owned all of these previously illustrates (to me at least) a common tendency to always be looking for the next best thing without success. Sometimes what you have is just fine.

Ian