closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Unlocking a phone on Vodafone any ideas

Master

Unlocking a phone on Vodafone any ideas

Hi guys I am wanting to buy a phone off someone privately it is locked to vodaphone and she would ask for the code but she doesn't have a computer and is in the middle of moving house so she just hasn't got time to drive off to a computer and apply online so can I get it done and if so where do I get it done and how much will it cost?

Thanks

Master
    Depends what phone really

Can’t she call them ?

Master
    Can't you apply it for yourself online? I had to unlock my old iPhone which was on Voda and there is a simple online form to complete and then they go and sort it out. Should be free. I'm pretty sure you can just apply for it yourself if she gives you any info required which you don't already have. Takes a few days to get the confirmation.

Do you know the seller? Sounds a bit dodgy, surely she could request the code via your phone or computer when you purchase it?

Master
    I don't know the seller but I have spoken to her and she seems perfectly legit I just think with her house move etc she hasn't got the time to go and access a computer so it is tricky for her I did say I didn't mind applying for her but she said she can't give me her details due to her job! I didn't ask :)

I believe she is totally genuine but I would so much prefer an unlocked phone.

I wouldn't bother with that.

If she legitimately wants to sell, she'd do what she could to make the sale.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I wouldn't bother with that.

If she legitimately wants to sell, she'd do what she could to make the sale.
    I am thinking that way as well I will ring her and tell her she can ring them for free

thanks guys

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I don't know the seller but I have spoken to her and she seems perfectly legit I just think with her house move etc she hasn't got the time to go and access a computer so it is tricky for her I did say I didn't mind applying for her but she said she can't give me her details due to her job! I didn't ask :)

I believe she is totally genuine but I would so much prefer an unlocked phone.
    I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Sounds far too suspicious. Is it a particularly rare or exclusive model? If not, just look for an unlocked one - there’s plenty out there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Sounds far too suspicious. Is it a particularly rare or exclusive model? If not, just look for an unlocked one - there’s plenty out there.
    I know what you mean I will look for another one but after speaking to her it doesn't seem suspicious I just think she is very busy with stuff but I will find another and thanks as always for the help guys 👍

Journeyman
    You should check out ebay for how much an unlock code would be - they are usually quite cheap - c£2-£3 and once bought they send you the code quite quickly. Note - this is to allow the phone to be used with any network, rather than any form of locking.

My wife bought something like a moto g from the vodafone store a couple of years ago - it was the cheapest deal on the market at the time but the catch was the handset would be locked to the vodafone network. A few pounds for an ebay unlock code and it was problem sorted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kermorvan666 View Post
    You should check out ebay for how much an unlock code would be - they are usually quite cheap - c£2-£3 and once bought they send you the code quite quickly. Note - this is to allow the phone to be used with any network, rather than any form of locking.

My wife bought something like a moto g from the vodafone store a couple of years ago - it was the cheapest deal on the market at the time but the catch was the handset would be locked to the vodafone network. A few pounds for an ebay unlock code and it was problem sorted.
    As above it really depends on the phone

Master
    Another way is to buy the phone then.purchsse a pay as you go Vodafone sim and use it for a month. Once this has been done you can request an unlock code for them yourself (don't think you can if you just buy the phone as it has to come from the account holder). Probably a pain but it's another option if you really want the phone......or just buy an already unlocked one.

Master
    Thanks guys but I decided not to buy from her.