closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny Boyle to direct the next Bond film.

Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    This could get me back to being excited about Bond films. With the exception of Skyfall, I wouldn't say recent Bond films have been that memorable.
    To be fair I find them all a bit crap, they all have some memorable moments but on the whole Bond films are naff.

I'd love to see Thomas Shelby (Cillian Murphy) as Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    To be fair I find them all a bit crap, they all have some memorable moments but on the whole Bond films are naff.

I'd love to see Thomas Shelby (Cillian Murphy) as Bond.
    I don’t think they’re ever going to be high end cinema, but a good Bond film is far superior to the generic superhero action movies that are churned out by Marvel etc. (or childish, Force-based guff).

The Craig reboots have tried to introduce a bit more depth and inner conflict to the Bond character, and I think been pretty successful. They attempt to be more grownup, whilst still retaining some of the spectacle - arguably this possibly makes them less fun.

I think that that the actor playing Bond is much less important than the script and direction. Would the recent films have been much different with Clive Owen as Bond?

Murphy is definitely a interesting outside choice. I’d have said he’s too much of a pretty boy until I saw Peaky - now I have to admit he might just have it!

Michael Fassbender for the next Bond - got to be. X-Men first class was a definite audition.

left-field younger option - Nicholas hoult.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Interesting that someone's political views are raised as to whether they can make a good film.
    Leni Riefenstahl fan, huh?

Anyway, all together now ... Oh, Danny Boyle, the pipes, the pipes are calling...

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Leni Riefenstahl fan, huh?

Anyway, all together now ... Oh, Danny Boyle, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
    Did she do Goldeneye?

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Did she do Goldeneye?

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    From glen to glen and down the mountainside

I spoke to a friend who worked on skyfall and also with Boyle on 28 days later yesterday and she is now in on the next film working in the art department (sets) sounds like it’s a right marathon job and a few huge set builds on location in far away places involved. Not saying where until I see it written down somewhere else!
    Still not a huge fan of DB as his films aren’t really my thing but I’m sure he will come up with something that has energy and hopefully a bit of subtle humour. I hope they get a good DOP in that is of the standard of Deakins and it doesn’t turn into a Marvel/DC cgi fest lacking any film making aesthetic.

Craftsman
    Danny’s pulled out :(

Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    Danny’s pulled out :(
    Coitus Bonderuptus ?

Bring back John Glen. Tell us a joke we know!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Bring back John Glen. Tell us a joke we know!

Danny Boyle has made a few good films , a couple of great ones and the rest are average at best.

I'm personally glad he's not doing a Bond film.

Give it to Steve McQueen.

Or Martin Campbell who's made the best two modern bond films.

Master
    Apparently Boyle fell out with Daniel Craig over the casting of the villain. I feel Craig should have known his place - he's paid to act (woodenly) not make such creative decisions. Sums up star arrogance as far as I'm concerned.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Apparently Boyle fell out with Daniel Craig over the casting of the villain. I feel Craig should have known his place - he's paid to act (woodenly) not make such creative decisions. Sums up star arrogance as far as I'm concerned.
    Maybe just media bull?

As to the fallout occuring because of the villain casting: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from the manager of Tomasz Kot:

"Odnosząc się do doniesień medialnych dotyczących napięć na linii Danny Boyle – Daniel Craig, które miałyby być konsekwencją różnych wizji artystycznych obu Panów, i które miałyby dotyczyć ewentualnego udziału Pana Tomasza Kota w najnowszym „Jamesie Bondzie”, pragniemy stwierdzić, że nie dysponujemy żadną wiedzą na ten temat i nie wiemy co obu Panów poróżniło. Natomiast prawdą jest, że Tomasz Kot został poproszony przez reżysera o przygotowanie kilku scen, w których interpretował ostatnie role czarnych charakterów, co zrobił z wielką przyjemnością. Kwestie obsadowe leżą wyłącznie po stronie producentów oraz reżysera. Nie otrzymaliśmy żadnego oficjalnego stanowiska wyżej wymienionych podmiotów, wobec czego nie możemy odnosić się do informacji uzyskanych wyłącznie za pośrednictwem przekazów medialnych.

Lucyna Kobierzycka,
    Kot, Tomasz Kot…"

George Zareba translation:
    "Addressing the rumors in the news regarding the misunderstandings between Danny Boyle and Daniel Craig, supposedly caused by some creative differences between both gentlemen regarding the eventual hiring of Tomasz Kot in the new "James Bond", we would like to announce that we have no knowledge in that matter and we have no clue what disunited both gentlemen.

Truth is however that Tomasz Kot has been asked by the director to prepare a couple of scenes, in which he interpreted roles of the last few villains, which he has done with absolute pleasure.

Casting decisions stay purely with the producers and the director. We didn't get any official message from the aforementioned parties, in which case we are unable to address the information only spread by the media."

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Maybe just media bull?
    This could be a justified response to many many articles. However, something rings true about an actor being too big for his boots. We may find out.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    This could be a justified response to many many articles. However, something rings true about an actor being too big for his boots. We may find out.
    But he's not just an actor is he. He also co-produces, so would have a say in all manner of things that you're taking as 'too big for his boots'?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    But he's not just an actor is he. He also co-produces, so would have a say in all manner of things that you're taking as 'too big for his boots'?
    Daniel Craig is extremely down to earth and respectful , he's got no ego issues I'm aware of. Don't believe this story for a minute.

Craftsman
    Craig also had a producing credit on Spectre, maybe that’s the hat he was wearing in this case