closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any love for Corum?

Master

Any love for Corum?

So I got my GMT today which gives me 4, guess that would buy me a Rolex.
    Does anyone like the quirky designs of the Corums?

Despite my comment about your KFC Corum, I like the bubble and also the Bridge models.

I think the Golden Bridge is a masterpiece of engineering and aesthetics. Not so keen on the others in the range, sorry.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Despite my comment about your KFC Corum, I like the bubble and also the Bridge models.
    Yes, the Golden Bridge is an amazing bit of kit, out of my price range. Ti Bridge doesn't do it for me.

Nope, sorry.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    As a former Corum main dealer, I can tell you the product is pretty good, it’s just a shame the styling was so mad

However Severin Montrose was a very strange man with very strong visions and beliefs mainly based on death and it showed through on a lot of his watches

I can’t begin to imagine how many times he was asked to “put a flat glass and white roman dial in it”

Having said that my wife still wears her Midi bubble everyday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have this one limited edition model of the jumping hours 001/300 I really like the watch but not a fan of there customer service

Craftsman
    Hi Bazza

I have sold a few of those over the years, I’m surprised about the customer as it used to be one of their stronger assets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to get it serviced and so went to my Corum dealer and asked them to send it off to Corum , I got the watch back looking great I must say but turns out they didn’t send it back to Corum but there own place and so I didn’t get any paper work to back it , I went mad I called Corum about this and they didn’t care was dam expensive too

Craftsman
    Loved my bubble, sold it in haste now repenting at leisure.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    I wanted to get it serviced and so went to my Corum dealer and asked them to send it off to Corum , I got the watch back looking great I must say but turns out they didn’t send it back to Corum but there own place and so I didn’t get any paper work to back it , I went mad I called Corum about this and they didn’t care was dam expensive too
    To be fair that’s not really Corums fault if the retailer sent it somewhere else

In the uk Corum used to consist of 3 people I believe who in my experience would bend over backwards, I stopped selling them probably 10/12 years ago but I have since contacted them for a replacement dial and they where faultless

Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    To be fair that’s not really Corums fault if the retailer sent it somewhere else

In the uk Corum used to consist of 3 people I believe who in my experience would bend over backwards, I stopped selling them probably 10/12 years ago but I have since contacted them for a replacement dial and they where faultless

The dealer was in Prague when I called Corum to complain that there dealer didn't send them the
    watch and was using there own service guy there where not interested at all
    At the time I was thinking of buying a bubble model but this put me right off the company :(

Master
    I had a Corum bubble “bats” which I really liked. It felt like a quality piece, and received more comments than any other watch I’ve owned. Not all were positive, but that doesn’t matter.

I also like the “wunderkammer”
    Last edited by Enoch; 17th March 2018 at 13:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I had a Corum bubble “bats” which I really liked. It felt like a quality piece, and received more comments than any other watch I’ve owned. Not all were positive, but that doesn’t matter.

I also like the “wunderkammer”
    Damn, that thing is nuts!!

Craftsman
    That will be A perfect example of Severin Montrose’s fascination with death

I love the style of the bubble watch but at 2.5k in sales they are one of those watches where there is always something else I would consider buying. I guess for me I would always feel it would be a watch worn for a bit then sit in a watch box for years to come.

I always liked the Buckingham model. Old school.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Love my bubble “bats”, real quality, keep meaning to get another.

Craftsman
    Sorry, not my cup of tea at all.

Banned
    Corum is a brand I’ve never liked , strange looking watches but like every brand there is a following

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I really like the Admiral’s Cup models. Unique case shape (unless there’s another that has a 12-sided case) and a strong nautical theme. I like the flags on the dial, although I have no idea what they signify. Ideal piece to wear to a regatta. :0)