closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Surprise Phone Call today.Speedy Tuesday

Master

Surprise Phone Call today.Speedy Tuesday

On my way back from drooling over a new excavator at Volvo Immingham Omega rings me with the news i can have a ST,forgotten all about this, thought it was all over.Having a think on it tonight.

Banned
    If your not interested in keeping I would like to purchase it.
    There would be a NICE drink in it fir you.
    I have had a wanted add up.
    Thanks

Nevermind the Speedy, which model Volvo were you looking for?

Master
    EC55C, let down by a cab 10 years old, nowhere for a smartphone,glasses,a coffee and a few pens,no bluetooth, radio behind your head and no mute within easy reach, smooth machine well built and finished but basic cab let it down. Will be at Scotplant in april looking at others.

Love how these are just randomly popping up every now and then to lucky wait-listers. It's a stunning watch, grab it while you can and sell it if you don't like it. You certainly won't lose any money! Still loving mine :-)

Craftsman
    Still loving my 2.
    Somebody sold a new one on eBay at the beginning of the week for £5700+£85 postage, guessing it went overseas as seller was happy to ship.

Don't think, but it! Very underrated watch right now with the hangover of all the mania and flippers but it's a beautiful watch, still love mine also and I was one of the early receivers.

Master
    Go for it or at least try it out before making a decision. I was a bit unsure about the size but ST doesn’t wear too big despite being 42mm, probably due to the thin case. Love the lume.

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Love how these are just randomly popping up every now and then to lucky wait-listers.
    I didn’t even know I was on the waiting list. I had casually shown interest 2 months before receiving the totally unexpected call!

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Go for it or at least try it out before making a decision. I was a bit unsure about the size but ST doesn’t wear too big despite being 42mm, probably due to the thin case. Love the lume.

I didn’t even know I was on the waiting list. I had casually shown interest 2 months before receiving the totally unexpected call!
    You only showed interest 2 months ago? I thought you had to register on the website on the day of release.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    You only showed interest 2 months ago? I thought you had to register on the website on the day of release.
    Yes, that was the process - register on the website on day of release but I hadn’t done that. I was only at the shop to have my 60th Anniversary Speedmaster bracelet resized in December. Rather shamelessly, I asked them to take an extra link out of my BLNR bracelet too, to save me time going to Rolex AD. They kindly obliged. I asked them if there was a way to get a new ST. They told me there was a central waiting list but it was too late for even that. They took my details anyway. Last month, surprisingly I got a call asking whether I still wanted one. I requested them to hold it for me and picked it up a couple of days later.

The explanation I was given was this: Customer changed his mind. Normal process would have been to send it back to Switzerland. The very helpful salesperson got approval from her area manager (or someone senior like that) and offered it to me. May be I just got very lucky or perhaps she had seen me with 2 nice watches and thought I could be a good new customer. All I care about is that I got a new ST from AD

Blog Entries
    Well done. It’s a lovely piece. Loving mine.

Master
    I have decided to collect this piece in the first instance,hoping to rekindle some of the enthusiasm i felt when it was launched.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    EC55C, let down by a cab 10 years old, nowhere for a smartphone,glasses,a coffee and a few pens,no bluetooth, radio behind your head and no mute within easy reach, smooth machine well built and finished but basic cab let it down. Will be at Scotplant in april looking at others.
    Your right the 55c is out of date, with an oversize counterweight, Did you not look at the ecr58? Lovely machine! ive Got a jcb 57c with engcon fitted, if you want a go drop me a PM!

Master
    I have decided to collect this piece in the first instance,hoping to rekindle some of the enthusiasm i felt when it was launched.

Master
    Not sure I ever expected the name Immingham to appear on TZ!

Looking for a garden hoe then. Whatever you do don't waste a breath on Eurocomach.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    Your right the 55c is out of date, with an oversize counterweight, Did you not look at the ecr58? Lovely machine! ive Got a jcb 57c with engcon fitted, if you want a go drop me a PM!
    My short list was Case cx57c, Volvo ec55c,tackeuchi TB 260 and Jcb 57c1, looking for a conventional machine that fits in a 20ft high cube.

Master
    Passed on this and accepted an offer from a member here. Thanks for a smooth deal.

That's a great surprise..... I had my name down on the reserve list but no call so far!

Still think it's a great looking watch!

Master
    Daft question incoming. Why is it called a speedy Tuesday. I get the speedy bit

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    Daft question incoming. Why is it called a speedy Tuesday. I get the speedy bit

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    😂😂🙈 #speedytuesday on Instagram started in 2012 by fratello watches