closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Top up insurance?.

Grand Master

Top up insurance?.

I know rmsd is upto £2500,I will be posting using the PO and am aware of other carriers insuring to required amount.
    Who can I use to top up cover anyone Know?.

Ta

Paul

Master
    From what I’ve read on here, if the item is worth more than £2500 and then gets lost, RMSD won’t pay out anything, so top up insurance would be pointless.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    From what I’ve read on here, if the item is worth more than £2500 and then gets lost, RMSD won’t pay out anything, so top up insurance would be pointless.
    The "top up" is with a 3rd party to cover above the Rmsd max of 2.5k.I did this with a 5513 I returned for repair,the dealer I sent it to used an insurance company he uses for the difference not covered by the PO's rmsd max of 2.5k,he does same when sending higher value watches.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 15th March 2018 at 18:25.

I was under the impression RM cover is void if the item value is over their limit of £2500.

Sure there was a long topic on it here somewhere?

So if you sent a 5k watch and it went missing RM won’t cover the £2500 it’s all lost, so if a top up of £2500 was added then that’s all you’d get.

I use ParcelPro and send as a standard RM Special delivery and have PP cover the complete value.
    Last edited by pitbull666; 15th March 2018 at 19:59.

Grand Master
    So an item has to be valued "exactly" what it's worth!.That would surely be difficult.For eg let's say I buy a new 3.5k watch tomorrow from an AD,have it beyond the normal return policy etc,we all know it's no longer worth what We paid,so I offer it for sale at £2950 maybe less,this has it over the rmsd max cover on both accounts!,£450 and £550 lower than new price.What figure does Royal Mail use if it goes awol?.
    Both prices exceed their limit!.So in this case you'd say it's worth £2500,yet not true and if discovered a sure void claim!,on the other hand,you sell it for £2500 again it goes awol,will the PO say,sorry it's worth more than £2500 we checked the RRP at an AD and it's value is £3500 so again void!!.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    In a recent thread on here someone posted evidence to the contrary.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    In a recent thread on here someone posted evidence to the contrary.
    My thinking is they have a "maximum amount cover" that being £2500,anything above this and your at a loss by that amount.
    Otherwise using this £2500 figure,said item would always have to have an RRP and sold price the same in order to claim said amount successfully....going by some peoples thoughts.

And yes discussed before,but anything conclusive?.......

Thought it was clearly stated here in RMSD T&C’s 4.4

Grand Master
    No point sending anything over £2500 with Royal Mail using rmsd!.If over 2.5k value it's gone,if we send a 5k watch 2nd class it's also bye bye if gone astray!,so why pay for rmsd if we have no safety net!.

I need to be looking somewhere else if I sell a watch over their max limit......or f2f over that amount.

Curiosity had me browse sc to look for watches over £2500 saying "watch will be posted using rmsd next day delivery"..potentially a lot of concern out there!.

I see very grey areas even if you think you have a genuine claim,I also see lots of scope for wriggle room for the PO!.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 15th March 2018 at 22:30.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    No point sending anything over £2500 with Royal Mail using rmsd!.If over 2.5k value it's gone,if we send a 5k watch 2nd class it's also bye bye if gone astray!,so why pay for rmsd if we have no safety net!.

I need to be looking somewhere else if I sell a watch over their max limit......or f2f over that amount.
    Hence why I moved to ParcelPro, but believe they no longer take on individuals.

Master
    Speak to Jerone from https://www.ifs-inforsure.com he used to work for parcel pro and has his own company now.