closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Good places to buy Seiko

Good places to buy Seiko

Bit of an odd one, this - after a long period of flipper-itis, I've arrived at a reasonable (and reasonably stable) collection of watches, mostly Swiss. The more I learn about Seiko, the more I like the brand so I am starting to find myself actively wanting to get a few of their pieces to try out. This may of course herald another flipping phase but things like the Presage "cocktail" range and their re-issues of older dive watch designs are preying on my mind ever more avidly.

So - what are the good places to source Seiko these days? Creation is one name that pops up regularly but importing from abroad always raises the spectre of VAT/duty and (far worse in my estimation) open-ended customs delay; are there any good value Seiko suppliers onshore that people recommend?

Creation have an option that negates a tax bill, they ship to EU and then on to you, only caveat is you cannot get the box going this route, though it's no loss missing out some cardboard.

Most of the popular models are import only unfortunately. Skywatches, Creation, Watcheszon, Watches88, dutyfreeislandshop, Chino Watch, Seiya etc etc are all decent, the japanese sellers nearly always get a tax bill the Singapore/Hong Kong sellers it's a lottery whether you get a bill or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    Creation have an option that negates a tax bill, they ship to EU and then on to you, only caveat is you cannot get the box going this route, though it's no loss missing out some cardboard.

Most of the popular models are import only unfortunately. Skywatches, Creation, Watcheszon, Watches88, dutyfreeislandshop, Chino Watch, Seiya etc etc are all decent, the japanese sellers nearly always get a tax bill the Singapore/Hong Kong sellers it's a lottery whether you get a bill or not.
    I've just bought a seiko SNZH57K1 from Creation with the £6 extra. Came with a flattened black thin cardboard box and all the tags, etc in a nice red suedette pouch. Great service from them. Ordered on Sunday 18 March, arrived 24 March.

Master
    I got my Turtle from Uhrenlounge in Germany (so no additional VAT) and they even accepted an offer rather than having fixed prices. Delivery was €5 all in.

The website is a little clunky and old fashioned but they were quick, had a decent selection and reasonably good value

Just google it

I used Yorkshire Watches in the U.K. to buy my Turtle and an SKX. They were great to deal with but their stock might be more limited though I recently saw that they had a JDM SARB035 available
    with import tax paid etc. Might be worth a look at what they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have used BWC for my Cocktail Time: https://www.britishwatchcompany.com/...yABEgLpu_D_BwE

Lowry Jewellers also looks reasonable for Seiko models: https://www.lowryjewellers.com/watches-c1/seiko-m48

Except for one.... every one of my many Seiko purchases over the years have all come from SC here (or answered WTB posts). I'm sure I've had 15+ of them over the years.

Master
    I only use Gnomon watches now. Never had a misaligned dial etc and very fast delivery.

Many thanks for the pointers, gentlemen; I can already see that this is the edge of a VERY deep rabbit-hole...! :)

Journeyman
    I used creation for my 007. There were a couple of other sites offering support cheap prices but I just didn't trust them. Creation were fine but build the customs charges into what you expect.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Sales Corner is a good bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I may be wrong but is the eBay seller cw_timeuk not Creation Watches?
    I've habemt bought from them yet but from looking at it they suggest the watches are posted from Ireland therefore would avoid the VAT charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Fairly certain that you are right cw_timeuk being creation

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app