closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another composite door Q

Another composite door Q

Been over previous threads but seems to be mainly Rockdoor Vs Solidor.

I’ve got to choose between Solidor and Door stop (solid wood core range)

Getting mixed views, reviews online seem to rate Door Stop low but a couple of fitters I’ve spoke to say there hardly any different between the Solidor and Door stop solid core range.

Any members own one or the other to give reviews on or in the trade?

Craftsman
    We have been looking into this in some depth recently but I had missed that Doorstop had a wood core option. So I will revisit their brochure today. Thank you.
    The fitters I have spoken to have generally agreed that whilst the Solidor is heavier when fitting. Once in place you would be hard pushed to tell the difference. Both visually and to touch.
    We will likely end up with Solidor though. If not then Endurance door seem to be the closest on spec.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moses View Post
    We have been looking into this in some depth recently but I had missed that Doorstop had a wood core option. So I will revisit their brochure today. Thank you.
    The fitters I have spoken to have generally agreed that whilst the Solidor is heavier when fitting. Once in place you would be hard pushed to tell the difference. Both visually and to touch.
    We will likely end up with Solidor though. If not then Endurance door seem to be the closest on spec.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    That’s one of the issues as a lot of the bad press on the Door Stop appear to be prior to the new solid core range.

I’m kind of leaning towards the Solidor but like you a few in the trade have said once fitted the difference is hard to tell as the Door stop solid core use premium locks/fitting similar to Solidor.