closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My little collection

Master

My little collection

Finally managed to get a new camera after breaking the trusty old one while on holiday. Thought I’d take some pictures of my current watches. Been relying on my phone which doesn’t do them justice. Having said that, I haven’t been able to take very good photos with it yet ... need to learn how to use this camera properly as it is far more capable than these pics suggest.

Couldn’t resist throwing the Apple Watch in 浪

Last edited by FK77; 14th March 2018 at 00:16.

Wow love the collection we have very similar taste. Is that still evolving? Or are you happy for now? Nice to see both the date and none date sub in the same collection, out of interest which of them 2 get the most wrist time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    You have way too many nice watches there mate and you know it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Wow love the collection we have very similar taste. Is that still evolving? Or are you happy for now? Nice to see both the date and none date sub in the same collection, out of interest which of them 2 get the most wrist time?
    Very much evolving. I got the ND Sub 2 days ago and Date 1 month ago so neither has got much wrist time yet other than for taking photos. I am thinking one of them has to go but can't decide which one.

My little collection

Thats a matter of personal preference I love the simplicity of the nd

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    You have way too many nice watches there mate and you know it!!
    Thanks Fred. This is not the end state so some of these might not stay for too long. Apart from the yellow, all are dark dials and I am very conscious of that. A white dial Daytona C could solve that "problem" but I haven't heard a thing from AD about it so it may never happen.

Nice bunch.

From a quick glance at the group picture I thought the Seiko was a Cellini.

I’d let the 116610 go though.

The Seiko isn't the thinnest watch - how does it feel on the wrist?

Master
    That's no "little" collection!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The Seiko isn't the thinnest watch - how does it feel on the wrist?
    I have 7" wrists and it doesn't look or feel bad at all. Goes nicely under the cuff. I don't have a side view shot but from the top:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    That's no "little" collection!
    Well, compared to many I have seen here.

Until a few months ago I used to proudly declare myself a "one watch guy". I was so disciplined that I sold my GMT LN before even getting on the list for BLNR and was watchless for a month. Then I started spending more time on this forum ... I blame you all!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Thats a matter of personal preference I love the simplicity of the nd
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    That may be the logical choice too. With the date/bubble and the blue half of BLNR bezel often appearing black depending on light, the Sub Date doesn't look massively different at a quick glance. ND surely offers more variety.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post

Until a few months ago I used to proudly declare myself a "one watch guy". I was so disciplined that I sold my GMT LN before even getting on the list for BLNR and was watchless for a month. Then I started spending more time on this forum ... I blame you all!
    Good man.... Welcome to the madness.

A great collection. Thanks for sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

Good man.... Welcome to the madness.

A great collection. Thanks for sharing.

Master
    Oh and while not part of my collection, this is my wife’s watch:

Nice collection for sure! For what it’s worth I’d keep the ND Sub.
    What is that yellow faced one with the 24h dial? Looks really cool

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    For what it’s worth I’d keep the ND Sub.
    Definitely seems to be more love for ND here (3 out of 3)!

What is that yellow faced one with the 24h dial? Looks really cool
    It's this http://moscowwatch.com/index.php?productID=1089 and bought from the forum.

Definitely seems to be more love for ND here (3 out of 3)!

It's this http://moscowwatch.com/index.php?productID=1089 and bought from the forum.
    Thanks for sharing - it seems like ridiculously good value!
    I love how they have to point out that the watch comes with a strap, in case you were scratching your head about that

Master
    Thanks for sharing - it seems like ridiculously good value!
    Mine came with a cheap strap. It has a little issue - the hour hand is slightly behind the hour marker when the minute hand is at 0 minutes but who cares ... I only paid £25 for it. It also runs a good few spd fast but I didn’t buy it for accuracy 😆

Master
    A strong committed collection, but surely non date and date modern sub is overkill?

Craftsman
    An exellent collection.

That speedy tuesday adds a nice variety.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    but surely non date and date modern sub is overkill?
    I agree. Hence me saying it is not final and one has to go.

I had been on the list for ND for a few months with no good news. In fact, only a few weeks ago I was told the list hadn't moved at all as they hadn't received any. Last month while on holiday, I found a Date Sub at an AD (they didn't have ND) and given that I had been to a few countries in the past few months and had found zero steel sports models anywhere, I made an impulsive decision to buy it. It was very unlike me but I guess I just got excited and also thought I had no idea when the ND would turn up. Fast forward 3 weeks and I get a call from my AD that they had an ND for me but I needed to be quick. Apparently they had bumped me up the queue (could be BS). I thought nothing to lose here and pulled the trigger.

It would seem obvious from the above story that I wanted the ND all along so that's what I should keep. However, the twist is that Date Sub cost me a fair bit above UK RRP (hence it has sat unworn while I question my sanity) and the thought of selling a brand new SS Sub at a loss (considering what I paid) makes me feel a bit stupid and I am wondering whether holding on to it and wearing it until the next price rise (whenever that might be) makes more sense.

So that's the honest explanation of this overkill. I am not a hoarder!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    A strong committed collection, but surely non date and date modern sub is overkill?

I have owned both modern submariners at the same time and to be honest they do feel completely different on the wrist.

Strange but true.

Craftsman
    I agree. Hence me saying it is not final and one has to go.

I had been on the list for ND for a few months with no good news. In fact, only a few weeks ago I was told the list hadn't moved at all as they hadn't received any. Last month while on holiday, I found a Date Sub at an AD (they didn't have ND) and given that I had been to a few countries in the past few months and had found zero steel sports models anywhere, I made an impulsive decision to buy it. It was very unlike me but I guess I just got excited and also thought I had no idea when the ND would turn up. Fast forward 3 weeks and I get a call from my AD that they had an ND for me but I needed to be quick. Apparently they had bumped me up the queue (could be BS). I thought nothing to lose here and pulled the trigger.

It would seem obvious from the above story that I wanted the ND all along so that's what I should keep. However, the twist is that Date Sub cost me a fair bit above UK RRP (hence it has sat unworn while I question my sanity) and the thought of selling a brand new SS Sub at a loss (considering what I paid) makes me feel a bit stupid and I am wondering whether holding on to it and wearing it until the next price rise (whenever that might be) makes more sense.

So that's the honest explanation of this overkill. I am not a hoarder!
    Makes sense, I would've done the same. I also picked up a black GMT as they were getting hard to get and now it's sitting unworn and it's meant to be my tool watch!

I'm still lusting for a DSSD black.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Nice bunch.

Exactly what I would say.

Craftsman
    How long did it take to get up to this point? It seems like your buying has been sped up, two watches over two months is quite something (in my view anyway).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    How long did it take to get up to this point? It seems like your buying has been sped up, two watches over two months is quite something (in my view anyway).
    Not too long. Like I said above, I was content with just 1 watch. Probably until mid last year, BLNR was on its own (it replaced a GMT LN). I bought and sold a few last year and this year, in addition to what I currently have.

If you include the ST, it’s actually 3 watches in less than 4 weeks. One impulsive buy, two out of the blue and luckily or unluckily (my view keeps changing on that lol) I happened to have funds available at the time. Pretty sure had the ND Sub come first, I would not have bought the Sub Date.

Master
    Thanks Fred. This is not the end state so some of these might not stay for too long. Apart from the yellow, all are dark dials and I am very conscious of that. A white dial Daytona C could solve that "problem" but I haven't heard a thing from AD about it so it may never happen.
    Real world problems my friend

Nice.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57