TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moneysupermarket Action Man advert

Master

Moneysupermarket Action Man advert

This will appeal to a few here:

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/mon...&adloc=1007249

Pete

Master
    Just saw it for the first time a few minutes ago, still prefer He-man!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The advert brought back some memories of bygone days. The He-man one was good but Action Man has taken the top spot

Saw it during the Bake off tonight... bloody brilliant. Stopped the wife and I in our tracks (oo err missus)

I went in expecting to hate it, but actually enjoyed it. Nicely done.

Love it!

Journeyman
    Good to see the frogman again, don't remember the cricketer though!

Master
    I think it's great!

Craftsman
    lol how cool is that, brings back too many memories

Very rare that an advert strikes a chord with so many people this well! Didn't do too much for me but I dont think I'm the target audience.

Thats the first advert I have laughed at EVER!

Camp-tion Man!

Now that brings back some memories. Fab ad.
    J

Craftsman
    The advert bought back a few memories.
    I had a big Action Man collection back in the 70's including the Scorpion Tank, Helicopter and Jeep. I must of had 20-30 outfits but can't remember the cricketer either.

I have a small collection in my office. The shelf of 6 are my original Action Men. I got new hands for some of them. The Life Guards and Sailor uniforms are from the 40th Anniversary collection. The 3 on the top shelf, with a 40th Soldier in a box are all eBay purchases. The 3 on the bottom shelf are an eBay purchase and 2 50th Anniversary ones I got last year. I sent away for the guard dog with stars. The helicopter is also an eBay purchase. I did have one originally but it got destroyed by one of my sister's friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I have a small collection in my office. The shelf of 6 are my original Action Men. I got new hands for some of them. The Life Guards and Sailor uniforms are from the 40th Anniversary collection. The 3 on the top shelf, with a 40th Soldier in a box are all eBay purchases. The 3 on the bottom shelf are an eBay purchase and 2 50th Anniversary ones I got last year. I sent away for the guard dog with stars. The helicopter is also an eBay purchase. I did have one originally but it got destroyed by one of my sister's friends.

Yep it's a great advert. Action Man was my favourite toy back in the day.

Cool collection you have there, I have a few myself (sadly none I had as a boy), I also bought a few of the 40th's when they were current.

Is that a Cherilea tank I can just see - I got that one Christmas in the 1970's !

Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    Yep it's a great advert. Action Man was my favourite toy back in the day.

Cool collection you have there, I have a few myself (sadly none I had as a boy), I also bought a few of the 40th's when they were current.

Is that a Cherilea tank I can just see - I got that one Christmas in the 1970's !
    It is. My Grandad bought it for me from Charlton market. The Scout Car was a Christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    The helicopter is also an eBay purchase. I did have one originally but it got destroyed by one of my sister's friends.
    I had one of those helicopters back in the day - my god, didn`t that button on the side you had to press to turn the rotors make your hand ache!!
    My brother had the scout type armored car and my lasting impression of that was that the edge of the palstic moulding - the `hatch` where action man sat - was razor-sharp and many a hand injury was recieved when our action hero was forced to make a quick exit...
    Proper toys in those days, eh?

Yeah, pretty cool ad, as far as ads go..

Moneysupermarket Action Man advert

I got an Action Man for my birthday in 1966. What a great year. Two years later he was a flower power peacenik in protest to the Vietnam war. I reckon it was the bad influence of my sister’s Sindy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was about 7 my older brother had a Saturday job in the local department store, he was ‘squiring’ one of the window dresser girls, so, when they did the Xmas window display I got all the stars from the opened packaging.
    I think I managed to get everything in the catalogue, including the Colditz accessories, all the German uniforms, the guard dog and sentry box and loads more. Then for my birthday I got the field gun  sorry, 105mm cannon.

Then, about 5 years later my Mum’s boyfriend ‘did me a favour’ and took it all home for his boys when I was away勞