closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The 'Heights' thread - an addition

Blog Entries

The 'Heights' thread - an addition

We have the 'afraid of heights' thread on these pages. I came across this a few minutes ago (people know I am not good with heights...).

Something with 'Slippery when wet' springs to mind...

Last edited by thieuster; 13th March 2018 at 14:03.

Master
    You would have to get me off with a crane or something and then put me in a padded cell for the rest of my life.

The cameraman's going at quite a clip. It's one thing going down those steps, it's another passing person after person on the way down...

Offer me £10 million and I still couldn’t go down that, could climb up it with no worries but going down and seeing the possible fall is another matter...
    Jesus wonder how many died creating that...

Not for me thank you

Er, no thank you very much....

Angel’s Landing in Zion National Park is the scariest thing I have done hight wise.... but not a patch on some of the other trails.

https://utah.com/zion-national-park/angels-landing

Imagine the stone workers who first cut out those steps. Not a job I would take on!

Easy to be brave about such ‘ adventures’ when your their age. Too dumb to know better

I wonder if there is a graveyard at the bottom?

There's a young Russian couple called Ivan Kuzenetsov & Angela Nikolau who carry out crazy climbs, such as this one, where they hang unharnessed from a crane, which is itself on a 117-storey tower: http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...getting-caught

If you're on Instagram their pages are worth a look - beerkus & angela_nikolau

Angela is rather easy on the eye, which is a bit more comforting when their photos make me near cack myself.

Master
    In a former life I used to teach people to rope from helicopters which was never a problem but doing it of the inside of the hanger roof which was a lot lower was another kettle of fish scared the crap out of me every time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I really don't like the feeling in my stomach when I see these things....

Master
    Blog Entries
    I definitely won't be trying that!

Master
    I painted Blackpool tower in my younger days but don't think I would fancy it now, having said that there's a lot more health and safety these days whilst working on the structure, being completly decked out and sheeted off, in my day you stood on a platform two scaffold planks wide when working on the outside, and sometimes working off the bare steel on the inside, I could tell you a story or two like when a 4lb lump hammer slipped out of my hand at 380ft lol.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

The author and mountaineer Robert Macfarlane writes on why 'getting high' became slang, and how it’s still appropriate when we look over edges.

Master
    Yikes! He only needed one of the people he was passing to stick an elbow out or lose their balance slightly whilst adding them and he’d be over the edge.

This is as brave as I get these days - the glass floor of the CN tower in Toronto last week:

IMG_0035.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    I painted Blackpool tower in my younger days but don't think I would fancy it now, having said that there's a lot more health and safety these days whilst working on the structure, being completly decked out and sheeted off, in my day you stood on a platform two scaffold planks wide when working on the outside, and sometimes working off the bare steel on the inside, I could tell you a story or two like when a 4lb lump hammer slipped out of my hand at 380ft lol.

That 4lb beauty would be doing 106mph as it hits the ground!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post

I couldn’t even step on the glass floor in the tower, let alone wall down these crazy trails

I skydive and i'm really not bothered by heights.......... But, when i'm under my canopy and lift my feet up and look at them with the ground 2000ft below while i'm hanging from a piece of material it does sometimes feel uncomfortable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    That 4lb beauty would be doing 106mph as it hits the ground!
    I didn't get the chance to see it bounce but I believe it made rather a mess of 5he paving slab it hit :)

Luckily it was early in the day and wasn't busy with shoppers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anz3001 View Post
    I couldn’t even step on the glass floor in the tower, let alone wall down these crazy trails
    The glass floor wasn't there in 89 the year I painted it, I wouldn't mind a trip down memory lane though and go back up there.

Master

Wouldn't bother me.

I actually quite fancy this

https://www.facebook.com/Architectur...97492383626806
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

The 'Heights' thread - an addition

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I skydive and i'm really not bothered by heights.......... But, when i'm under my canopy and lift my feet up and look at them with the ground 2000ft below while i'm hanging from a piece of material it does sometimes feel uncomfortable.
    I’m also a sky diver but am terrified of heights! Clearing the gutters or watching people walking on roofs get my palms sweating and feet tingling - but no qualms of leaping into fresh air at 12,000ft!

Psychologist on the forum - feel free to PM me :-)

skydive2.jpg

Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone
    Last edited by DACC; 9th April 2018 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by DACC View Post
    I also a sky dive but am terrified of heights! Clearing the gutters or watching people walking on roofs get my palms sweating and feet tingling - but no qualms of leaping into fresh air at 12,000ft!
    There's something about being up ladders that I don't like at all. I'll happily clamber about in a tree with a chainsaw but the first stage of using a ladder to get up there is irrationally unsettling.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

A BIG no to anything involving heights for me. Even standing on a chair or a table makes my testicles retract, get tingling palms and nauseous feeling come over me. I can barely get up a ladder to clean the bedroom windows say.

I love getting high..

Dangling from a bit of string and an old bedsheet at over 8000`;

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Dangling from a bit of string and an old bedsheet at over 8000`;
    Wow! Respect.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Go Go Go !!!