closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches lost to other halves

Watches lost to other halves

Yesterday, Rusty told me that the Longines he bought from me has since been requisitioned by his wife. This is a story I think I've now heard more than a couple of times. Here's the watch we were talking about:

What watches have you had to concede?

This is no longer mine. It irks me that she doesn't care about its pedigree or that it's a variant of the family that is rare here in the UK. It upsets me that the sides of the case will be scratched to f**k with bracelets and bangles.

Still, makes her happy.

Craftsman
    I've lost my Zenith 40T to my gf. On the plus side, she's now getting into vintage watches and doesn't mind my searches for interesting pieces and information. Every cloud has a silver (gold?) lining...

My wife likes a "ladies'" watch - She won't wear anything as big as 38mm, so there aren't many in my collection she'd consider and, to be honest, she's never shown any real interest.

M

Master
    Bulova Accutron. Took a shine to that for some reason! (Probably because she doesn’t have to set it at the weekend like the mechanical watches I actually got her)

Master
    Marriage is about sharing things. My wife often wears my Daytona, I see nothing wrong in that.

Craftsman
    The wife took a liking to this as soon as it came back after a service by Brendan. Even has her own funny coloured strap on it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Haven't had to hand anything over long term, but she has often worn my watches when hers is being repaired etc.

I don't mind to be honest as they get used that way. But she prefers her own long term.

Master
    Lovely 70s Zenith. But it probably looks better on her. These days she has her own watchbox with Cartier, Rolex, Nomos ....and a Citizen for swimming. She gets pleasure from her watches, which pleases me. Come to think of it, we each have six watches. So that's fair.

When I got my speedy pro I suggested to my wife that she wears my speedy reduced. Her reply was why would she want to wear a mans watch.
    Oh well. At least I tried.

Craftsman
    I lost my Speedy Pro to the other half - but the fix was that when the grey suede strap on it failed, I replaced it with a more expensive brown horween strap. She hates the colour of the strap, and now the watch is all mine :)

Craftsman
    My CWC G10 hasn't been on my wrist for six months now. It does look good on her..

Watches lost to other halves

My wife now has 7 watches of her own - even though she maintains that she has no real interest in watches. Several of them started life as men’s watches in the 1960s, and look great on her - as does her Mondaine Swiss Railways watch.

The good thing about my taste for 44mm-46mm diameter dive watches is that there’s no way she could wear any of them .

Simon

16610lv lost to Wife

She has no idea about the watch and wears it purely because I wore it on our wedding day

My wife now has my 16200 Datejust and it’s the largest size that she would wear. She has three others, but no real interest in watches and tends to wear a smaller Tudor most days.

Craftsman
    39 explorer.does suit her better than me I must say.

Mrs Goat has "trousered" my Stowa Airman and also my Dubey&Schaldenbrand Aerodyn date
    she's worth it though.....

Master
    1959 gold rolex precision,mind you with a 33mm case it looks much better on her slim and gracefull wrist than it did on my 8" plowboy ham..

This one was a cloes call, she wore it for a year.

but, luckily she decided that old Longines Conquest is better, because of slim profile.

Craftsman
    My wife borrowed my Seiko sarb017 for an interview and she has continued wearing it. I would rather it got used than rotated so I'm happy with that.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Every watch I get is apparently hers... Currently it's the 116610lv.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Hahaha, at least you didn't write "better halves".

Managed to keep her off my watches a few times already. She almost kept my 16610, but I convinced her that it looked to big on her wrist.

My first proper watch - an Omega Geneve picked up from Portobello market for about £200 in 2005. She lost it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommyT View Post
    My first proper watch - an Omega Geneve picked up from Portobello market for about £200 in 2005. She lost it.
    To be fair to her, I wasn't wearing it any longer.