closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fitness strap/ band/ watch/ thingy

Fitness strap/ band/ watch/ thingy

Hello fit or not so fit folks,

I decided to get myself one of those things which remind you that you should move more and sleep better, and I'd like to ask for your suggestions. I did some internet reading, but I'm not much the wiser which to choose.

Many thanks,
    Christian

Craftsman
    I got my wife's Fitbit surge when she got a new one. It is suprisingly good at what it does but rather ugly. It does all you will need and seeing your heart rate is rather neat but if I was buying new I would get the one she has the Fitbit ionic, it actually looks good and still does all you need. One of the features I like is the plotting of our walks so you can see your route on a map after the watch has synced with your iPad or laptop.
    I don't wear mine all the time which sort of defeats the object as I still prefer a normal watch but I suppose there is nothing wrong with wearing both.

Master
    Hi Christian,

I suggest you to go for a Fitbit band, they're doing this for quite some time and I had quite a few in the last couple of years with no issues whatsoever.

The options that I'd suggest you have about 1-week of battery life and track your sleep stages as well as the heart rate during the entire day; so you can either pick the Alta HR (which is slimmer, more of a wrist band) or the Charge 2 (wider, more watch-like wrist band). Their functions and battery life are about the same, it's just more of a design choice than anything else.

I went for the Alta HR because I don;t want to resemble Maradona, who always wears 2 Hublots at the same time.

Master
    I've got a fitbit Blaze which is great and I use it everyday. I got the OH one too but she doesnt wear it because she says its too big so I have just ordered a charge 2 HR for her to see if she likes that.

So there will be a blaze on SC imminently....

Master
    Blog Entries
    samsung gear fit 2 are brilliant bands. I have a fenix 5 these days though. Not sure why as i hardly do any exercise but it does tell me lots of stuff that i should be doing.

I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and my wife has an Alta HR.
    Both produce useful information but I'm not sure either of us are getting any fitter by wearing one.

Many thanks for all the suggestions! I'll probably go with the Fitbit Alta HR... seems good enough for my (lack) of fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and my wife has an Alta HR.
    Both produce useful information but I'm not sure either of us are getting any fitter by wearing one.
    Well, who knows, maybe it will make me feel guilty enough to do some movement after all :D

If you want something that does not have to be charged every day or so, and only needs a battery every 6 months, is actually waterproof and works, then I suggest the Garmin Vivofit. I have the #1, but am currently looking at the #3 as it's a bit smaller.

A nice alternative is the MisFit - always uses a watch battery and is waterproof - very elegant design.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche