closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creed Aventus................Hmmmm !

Noticed Palmolive has a Cedrat Boise split up and running. I cant recommend this enough.

I have just noticed there is a 10% sale on Creed Aventus (also GIT) at House of Fraser.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I have just noticed there is a 10% sale on Creed Aventus (also GIT) at House of Fraser.
    They did have 15% off last month as well, plus 3% back on my curve card I was quite pleased and picked up a couple of bottles.

Master
    The things this forum gets me doing, can't believe I've just registered for a fragrance forum to get in on Palmolive's famed decant service - I must be mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    The things this forum gets me doing, can't believe I've just registered for a fragrance forum to get in on Palmolive's famed decant service - I must be mad!
    Or smelly

I have joined Basenotes and put my name down for Green Irish Tweed, I got a reply from Palmolive asking for my details which I have replied to.

Anyone any idea what happens next?!

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha-I was thinking the same thing!

Looks like there are three expressions of interest on the thread and three on PM. That leaves 4x 50ml remaining

I'd take two maximum. So two more needed

I can see palmolive charges less than.this would.cost but would prefer doing the split myself. Happy to meet everyone in central london and do it there

Also. Cost is likely to be more once a decent bottle and special delivery are paid for. Around £65-£70 I imagine. Obviously no postage if we meet

I have purchased both creed aventus and git from palmolive over on basenote: great fella to deal with so unfortunately will have to remove myself from this list on here

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Looks like there are three expressions of interest on the thread and three on PM. That leaves 4x 50ml remaining

I'd take two maximum. So two more needed

I can see palmolive charges less than.this would.cost but would prefer doing the split myself. Happy to meet everyone in central london and do it there

Also. Cost is likely to be more once a decent bottle and special delivery are paid for. Around £65-£70 I imagine. Obviously no postage if we meet
    Im happy to take two, but would need it posting.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    I'm not sure how this panned out but I recently received a 50ml of creed from palmolive over on basenotes and thoroughly recommend his services.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Agd47 View Post
    I'm not sure how this panned out but I recently received a 50ml of creed from palmolive over on basenotes and thoroughly recommend his services.

Came home from work to find my second 50ml bottle of Aventus from Palmolive waiting for me. I only received the first recently but due to the mention of supply shortages of the 500ml flacons (from which these splits are taken) I thought it best to stock up.

Blog Entries

Came home from work to find my second 50ml bottle of Aventus from Palmolive waiting for me. I only received the first recently but due to the mention of supply shortages of the 500ml flacons (from which these splits are taken) I thought it best to stock up.
    Yep... got mine too... spot on

Creed are stopping the discounts on their flacons I understand, so, all this splitting stuff will stop

Journeyman
    That's typical, I get involved and the fun stops

Master
    Perhaps Creed could be described as the Rolex of the fragrance world...

Journeyman
    Anyone had any issues with their creed? My bottle is losing strength rapidly and changing smell.

I succumbed after following this thread and bought a couple of samples from a UK seller on eBay with good feedback. I must say the smell is really very nice, even better than I expected, but it doesn't seem to last through the day quite as I had hoped. It could be my sense of smell or is that pretty normal?

Anyone had any issues with their creed? My bottle is losing strength rapidly and changing smell.

I think a lot depends on your skin, I have a bottle of GIT which I bought 4-5 years ago and it never smelt that nice on me, I bought it on reputation not using my nose.
    A lot of scents are known for losing potency over time, I would use it up and move on to something else, I only seem to re-purchase 2 scents, a classic vetiver based one for summer and Terre d Hermes for winter.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I think a lot depends on your skin, I have a bottle of GIT which I bought 4-5 years ago and it never smelt that nice on me, I bought it on reputation not using my nose.
    A lot of scents are known for losing potency over time, I would use it up and move on to something else, I only seem to re-purchase 2 scents, a classic vetiver based one for summer and Terre d Hermes for winter.
    It's only been a week.

It's only been a week.
    There's every chance that the change is subjective, rather than a change in the the juice itself.

Journeyman
    Turns out this is a common issue, basically become noseblind to it if you wear it too often, which I have done.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

Grand Master
    Turns out this is a common issue, basically become noseblind to it if you wear it too often, which I have done.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

I wear it everyday and cant smell it but people know Im at work when they come to reception without seeing me so it must work
    RIAC

Asked this at the Ceed boutique on Mount Street and didn’t get a direct answer!

I understand the splash is different to the spray, with the splash having a lower perfume content.

Creed sell an atomiser for the splash so which is the better, splash in the atomiser or the spray?

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I succumbed after following this thread and bought a couple of samples from a UK seller on eBay with good feedback. I must say the smell is really very nice, even better than I expected, but it doesn't seem to last through the day quite as I had hoped. It could be my sense of smell or is that pretty normal?
    I can only smell Aventus on myself for about an hour but people around me can smell it most of the day.