closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DPD what bunch of crooks

DPD what bunch of crooks

Well not much to add, took over a hour to get them to admit they may have not delivered my package to me even though they said I had signed for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post

Well not much to add, took over a hour to get them to admit they may have not delivered my package to me even though they said I had signed for it!!
    Ask them to provide a plot of the GPS coordinates from the delivery scan. They usually do this for me and it’s always obvious if they’ve delivered to the wrong house number or road.

To be fair they’ve said they will investigate it, so maybe wait and see what they find?

Master
    Speak to the sender of the parcel, we used to use DPD at work for everything but due to them not moving on cost moved to other courier for most things, anyway back on topic.
    When we have an issue we’d call our account manager who ran the local franchise and things get sorted very quickly, ask the sender to do this.
    Unless your near Heathrow and if you are good luck it seems to be the trouble spot for our DPD delivers either missing, damaged, delayed or painted yep we had two in a week that were covered in paint at the depot

What do you expect them to do? Something has clearly gone wrong, but they have to have a chance to look in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops365 View Post
    What do you expect them to do? Something has clearly gone wrong, but they have to have a chance to look in to it.
    I spent ah hour talking to them where they kept saying it had been delivered and signed for by us, then they admit that it may have been delivered else where, when I say that’s wrong they cut me off!!

Never, ever had an issue with DPD.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

DPD what bunch of crooks

I’ve had two issues with them. Last summer an HP pc I had ordered failed to arrive. Tracking showed it had arrived at the regional depot but there were no further updates. After failing to get any progress I called HP who shipped a replacement via another courier and said they would deal with the missing item. Fast forward to December 2017 and a PS4 I had ordered as a Christmas present for my children disappeared. Funnily enough, tracking showed its last known whereabouts as the same regional depot.

OP - not sure of your location but if it’s Midlands I can give you the contact details for the area director.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    DPD from my experience used to be superb. Great interface, the one hour delivery slots etc. I've noticed a massive slip in performance though, maybe they have become too popular and it's become quality over quantity.

My wife had a big problem with them recently, as an apology they sent a DPD biscuit to my local halfords store as I wasn't in.

Due to the weather I had an order at work delayed by 10 days. Most couriers struggled for a few days but got through it, DPD were by a long way the worst off from it. They set the bar very high are now struggling to keep up!

I have had loads of issues with DPD. They don’t give a toss. They regularly leave parcels outside my house in plain view after the driver signed off on delivery himself. Many of the drivers are thuggish in demeanour. They must be one of the worst companies in existence.

Must admit - I find DPD to be one of the better ones, but that could be down to a very good delivery lad for our area, and it not being a built-up area.

All depots of all couriers take in seasonal workforce at Christmas, and most of the problems come from them. The items can clearly be seen to be scanned in to the depot, but never scanned out on a van.

Master
    Parcel delivery is an highly competitive industry and the margins are cut throat. At the last count, there are over 4000 companies ranging from big delivery companies down to motorcycle couriers competing for business.

If you do not receive a delivery complain to the seller and if they have a Purchasing Manager who is worth his salt, he will hit the delivery company over the head with your information. If they have too many complaints, the seller will simply engage another delivery company because no one likes hassle.

On a final note , accusing a company of fraud and slapping it on the internet before they have time to investigate is hardly a sensible thing to do.

Surely the person you spoke to can only go by the info they have available and cannot say anything beyond what the info tells them?

Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    I have had loads of issues with DPD. They don’t give a toss. They regularly leave parcels outside my house in plain view after the driver signed off on delivery himself. Many of the drivers are thuggish in demeanour. They must be one of the worst companies in existence.
    MyHerpes take the top spot.
    They just throw your stuff over a hedge (not the one outside your house)
    I had a coffee table “put through your letterbox” while I was sat at home waiting for it.
    The reality was the driver was based in Maidstone and faced with driving to SE19 at 5pm on a Friday decided to just bin it. Considering they are not paid for re-delivery and they pay for their own diesel I can see why he decided that was the best option.
    They don’t publish the depot phone number and just have somebody in India reading from a scrip if you contact them.

Do not use them for sending anything of value. I now ask any retailers if they use them and go elsewhere if they do.

It definitely comes down to the individual driver and the pressures they got from the company. I must be really fortunate as the majority of delivery firms in my area are ok , DPD are excellent and even the local Hermes driver has never 'lost' one of my item's.

DPD have an app for your mobile which tracks the driver so you know when he'll be at your door, so the company must have this information which should tell when and where he 'delivered' your item.
    Last edited by zippy; 11th March 2018 at 13:41.

Master
    DPD used to be awesome but seem to have gone down the pan in recent years.

They ‘lost’ an Xbox One at the depot I ordered, and had to wait a week for them to confirm it as lost before curry’s would send out the replacement unit. Very frustrating week.

I used to think I was in safe hands with DPD. Alas, intense competition seems to have gutted their service quality. I posted this just before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Bought a 1k lens off eBay and DPD tried to deliver on Monday morning, nobody home so they delivered it to a neighbour across and down the road about 6 doors.The kind lady accepted the delivery and signed for it. I knew they were going to attempt to deliver as I received a text so when I got home to no parcel, or card, checked the online tracking. It showed that 'Rodriugez67' had signed for the parcel. WTF. I contacted DPD and are still waiting to hear from them on where my package is, but in the meantime, got a call from a kind lady this morning asking when I was going to come and collect my parcel from her. She assumed that DPD had notified me that she had accepted the delivery on my behalf.

Lucky for me she was honest as I had never met her before and had no reason to suspect she took delivery. This could have got very messy. Idiots.

[QUOTE=.

On a final note , accusing a company of fraud and slapping it on the internet before they have time to investigate is hardly a sensible thing to do.[/QUOTE]

Their driver has claimed to deliver to our address when no one is in and that we have signed, this is the third time in 3 months they have done that. Forging a signature is fraud, what else no matter what reason it is done!!!

Master
    Never had an issue with DPD and, in my area at least, they are head and shoulders better than any of the other couriers. Excellent drivers, great communication and (from my experience) 100% reliable.
    There may be an occasional bad apple in the barrel but to date they have never once let me down. I have no connection with the company in any way, other than being a satisfied recipient of their deliveries.

I like DPD, their app etc. But I suspect I've been lucky with my drivers. As you can see, you too can be a DPD ODF: link.

The only issue I've had is that I couldn't sign for my parcel until the beginning of the estimated delivery window...even though I'd tracked the driver and met him on arrival outside my house 3 minutes earlier. We used the time for a conversation about how DPD's working conditions had deteriorated and a couple of months later it was someone else making my deliveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    I’ve had two issues with them. Last summer an HP pc I had ordered failed to arrive. Tracking showed it had arrived at the regional depot but there were no further updates. After failing to get any progress I called HP who shipped a replacement via another courier and said they would deal with the missing item. Fast forward to December 2017 and a PS4 I had ordered as a Christmas present for my children disappeared. Funnily enough, tracking showed its last known whereabouts as the same regional depot.

OP - not sure of your location but if it’s Midlands I can give you the contact details for the area director.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Exactly the same with a mobile phone for me about 3 months ago.

Journeyman
    I've used several over the years for my business (Citylink, Target, TNT, APC before finally moving to DPD). DPD were great for the last 2-3 years, the digital management side of their system is fantastic, however, the management on the ground of drivers has really taken a dip in recent months.

We had major problems after Black Friday onwards last year, late deliveries, lost deliveries etc - our driver ended up missing daily collections numerous times (at peak when we have over 50 parcels a day), despite the account manager's explicit promises. I think they need to realise what made them successful in the first place, reliability!

Quote Originally Posted by chrig View Post
    I've used several over the years for my business (Citylink, Target, TNT, APC before finally moving to DPD). DPD were great for the last 2-3 years, the digital management side of their system is fantastic, however, the management on the ground of drivers has really taken a dip in recent months.

We had major problems after Black Friday onwards last year, late deliveries, lost deliveries etc - our driver ended up missing daily collections numerous times (at peak when we have over 50 parcels a day), despite the account manager's explicit promises. I think they need to realise what made them successful in the first place, reliability!
    We were badly hit by their meltdown over Black Friday/Cyber Monday and another they had in December, a week or two before Christmas. Whole wagons were left full and not sorted at the depot because it was “too busy”. I mean, who’d have thought it?

I am still chasing our account manager for credits for all of the late items and a few things they misdelivered in November and December. I’ve been chasing since December and still no sign - absolute shambles.

I know they introduced some new kind of routing system that most drivers hate (well, the ones I deal with anyway), in November time. Maybe that contributed.

All that said, we find them the most reliable courier by some margin - so I hope they arrest the decline and get back to providing the service we expect, and soon!

Craftsman
    I always get them to deliver to my local Matterlan store , never been a problem so far

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by baz1 View Post
    I always get them to deliver to my local Matterlan store , never been a problem so far
    It'll be a set drop where someone is always available at goods in so all couriers would make that drop

Craftsman
    No matter what courier I use, I always get stuff delivered to my Mums house - she never goes out!