closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky Q - worth upgrading from HD?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Q has no rf output only hdmi
    Absolutely no use then!

Unless you get an HDMI splitter and stick and HDMI to RF output converter on it?

Might be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Getting it installed next week my main reason is the lack of need for cabling to extra boxes in our new property
    This is our main reason for seriously considering it.

Two main reception rooms and with growing teenagers who constantly want to watch the main TV so we are investing in a new 4K HDR TV for the adults (Me) and and then donating the older HD TV to the kids.

Being able to add another box in another room for £12 per month is a small price to pay for the independence.

I'm just wary that there are a few comments that its not actually as intuitive as the old system or is that just a case of familiarity?

Also does the Wi-Fi booster in the mini box actually work?

Apprentice
    Must admit, it's a bit circumstancial. I tend to only watch sports and a bit of Sky Atlantic but with BT investing so heavily into Sport and Amazon potentially looking to do the same, I don't know whether I can justify paying for any of it.. The prices stay the same and they seem to have far less to offer these days.

Blog Entries
    A few days in and I like it! Pretty easy to work out and the voice remote is flawless

Blog Entries
    Had it installed last week and like the size of the boxes and the no need for cable on the mini box easy to use and SWMBO is happy now she has got used to it and i like the youtube app.The install was free and i have reduced my bill by a few quid if i had paid for it maybe things might be different but as i have said the lack of holes in the wall and cable were the deciding factor.
    The box stopped working yesterday and the mini box could not find the main one phone Sky cut through the crap and get a “ expert” who says new box engineer in a week SWMBO takes over and rips him a new one and gets the next “ expert” we go through all the menus and i get a higher grade expert who says your box needs to upgrade which is done and all good.
    So my viewing last night was a series of music vids on youtube followed by a Belgian Police drama on the Walter presents All4 app but it is nice to have choices.

Master
    just called got the 2tb box, 2 mini’s (paid £99 for the second)
    Variety for £15 and multi room for £12- no install fee. Coming monday
    Last edited by lewie; 27th March 2018 at 16:37.