closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies watches - Tudor Vs Rolex

Ladies watches - Tudor Vs Rolex

Hi, I've been weighing up a 28mm Tudor style versus a 26mm Oyster Perpetual. The Rolex is 2k more. Is the Tudor just really good value at 1.5k? Especially as it's not that much more than your small ladies quartz watches from Omega etc. There's a real dearth of opinion about ladies watches.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGood View Post
    Hi, I've been weighing up a 28mm Tudor style versus a 26mm Oyster Perpetual. The Rolex is 2k more. Is the Tudor just really good value at 1.5k? Especially as it's not that much more than your small ladies quartz watches from Omega etc. There's a real dearth of opinion about ladies watches.
    I am a fan at the Tudor and too find they really good value... Worth in my view

Master
    I’m looking at getting the other half her first really nice watch as a wedding gift and had pretty much settled on a used lady date just for about 3k. Looking at the ladies Tudors now they look great value!

£1500 for the all steel with a fluted bezel makes the 15 year old Rolex look like mad money to be honest.

I’ve got both Rolex and Tudors and the finishing of the watches are comparable

I bought my wife a two tone 26mm Tudor Glamour about a year ago. It’s a really nicely finished watch and excellent value - she loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have looked at these two alternatives, the girlfriend loves he’s tt dj, but has a hankering for a proper ladies watch as it’s smaller and more dainty.
    Have to agree that the tudors look better value, but, a Tudor is not a Rolex regardless how many components they share, but let’s not forget the cache that Rolex offers, we may not be bothered when someone’s points at your watch and says, that’s nice, is it a Rolex, we reply oh no it’s a Tudor, and their face goes blank, but I suspect it’s different when the conversation is repeated with women.
    Women are more showy and like the oohs and aahs when it is a Rolex rather than the oh, Tudor you say?

My wife has a 34mm oyster perpetual and the Tudor ladies equivalent of the Explorer whatever that is
    (poss heritage) and imo the Rolex is a far better watch. Whilst the Tudor is a lovely watch it doesn't have the build quality and feel of the Rolex.....is it worth the extra £1500 though, I'm not so sure

Craftsman
    I’m looking for my wife’s 40th I’m think about the bremont sole 32 bit more of a watch then piece of jewellery.

Blog Entries
    Mrs P’s daily is a polar ExpII and dressy a 29mm TT Yachtmaster. As much as she loves the YM she struggles to read it when out at functions so hardly even gets it out. Just a consideration maybe.

Pitch

Craftsman
    My wife likes the Tudor Clare de Rose with guilloche dial. For the money and waterproofness it seems a great choice.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The Rolex, has to be.

You know she's worth it, think of the kudos.

Master
    I allowed my missus a free hand in choosing whatever watch she wanted as a 45th wedding anniversary pressie. She had to wear it, not me, so it was to be her choice and not mine. We spent a day wandering around London looking at every watch on the planet and in the end she chose a Rolex 31mm YG Datejust with a diamond dial.

The only other watch that took her fancy was a Cartier but the reality was that the Rolex won the race by a mile.

We then had a good Dinner at Rules and caught the train back home.

That's how women like to buy a watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I allowed my missus a free hand in choosing whatever watch she wanted as a 45th wedding anniversary pressie. She had to wear it, not me, so it was to be her choice and not mine. We spent a day wandering around London looking at every watch on the planet and in the end she chose a Rolex 31mm YG Datejust with a diamond dial.

The only other watch that took her fancy was a Cartier but the reality was that the Rolex won the race by a mile.

We then had a good Dinner at Rules and caught the train back home.

That's how women like to buy a watch.
    I done a similar think, sold the watch she never wore and took out to find a replacement and she also picked a Rolex 31mm datjust

My wife chose a Ladies Yachtmaster at 29mm diameter. I think the other ladies models are a bit weeny on the legibility.

Craftsman
    I suspect I have this exercise to look forward to;Cartier Tank (she knows not what variant) but will look at others (ie Rolex) but a Tudor might be worth looking at too.
    Golden Rule:make sure,absolutely sure,you (or,better still,her)makes the right choice without any suspicion of preference to brand etc. because the consequences of failure might not be pleasant.

Craftsman
    The rolex brand has real presence. I'm in the same situation and having considered a whole host of watches, including the cartier tank (which I think is absolutely gorgeous and elegant on a lady), have to say that in my mind, the benchmark will always be a rolex (unfortunately!).

Followup question if I may...
    I've noticed that the big shops tend to just have a few model variants of a particular model. And they all seem to pick the same few! If you want one of the other variants that the website shows what are you supposed to?

Was in a similar position last year. Went to Rolex AD and my wife tried on several models at my suggestion but she wasn’t comfortable with the cost. Ladies Rolexes don’t seem to hold their value and secondhand is an option. We went to another jewellers and she was quite taken with a Tag Heuer as she had been wearing an Aquaracer for the previous 10 years. As we were leaving the shop empty handed, she had a final look in the window and spotted an Omega Seamaster co-axial 28mm. She’s really pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    The Rolex, has to be.

You know she's worth it, think of the kudos.

This, but why not ask her?

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGood View Post
    Followup question if I may...
    I've noticed that the big shops tend to just have a few model variants of a particular model. And they all seem to pick the same few! If you want one of the other variants that the website shows what are you supposed to?
    Ask them to get one in so you can try it, most will be happy to do it.

Journeyman
    Most women are not Wis's like most of us on here. Rolex has kudos to everyone. You don't see many women driving Skodas, they prefer Audis and especially convertible models and we know they are the same car under the skin

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Was in a similar position last year. Went to Rolex AD and my wife tried on several models at my suggestion but she wasn’t comfortable with the cost. Ladies Rolexes don’t seem to hold their value and secondhand is an option. We went to another jewellers and she was quite taken with a Tag Heuer as she had been wearing an Aquaracer for the previous 10 years. As we were leaving the shop empty handed, she had a final look in the window and spotted an Omega Seamaster co-axial 28mm. She’s really pleased with it.
    Will search for the seamster

Craftsman
    I bought her a lovely new datejust 31mm, but it still doesn't keep her eyes off my watches.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk